The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kelowna Rockets (WHL)

Rate this topic

You're welcome :)

Man this team can score goals this year. Hope they can keep it up.

The stat I'm not liking is 1st in the West in Penalty Minutes...

I was at the game last night and lets just say Kelowna's PIM count could be higher if the refs paid more attention.

Rockets outshot a very tough Spokane team 20-6 in the 1st period tonight but gave up the only two goals. End up losing 6-4 (6th being an EN goal). Could have won this game but they need more out of Cooke. So far this season he's been ok but definitely needs to be better to give the Rockets a chance at winning. This team can skate, hit and score...goaltending is the big concern imo so far.

I'm going to the game tonight. Listened to the game last night, it sounded like a gongshow lol tons of penalties in the 3rd. Should be a good game tonight. Im rooting for the Royals though ;)

Best of luck...Rockets seem to have a Jekyl and Hyde thing going on early this season. Show up for some games, play like there's cement in their skates for others.

The Kelowna Rockets have added a veteran Western Hockey League forward to its roster as it headed out on a four game road trip to Alberta.

The Rockets have picked up 20-year-old forward Cody Fowlie off WHL waivers after he was released by the Everett Silvertips last week.

A native of Airdie, Alberta, this season is Fowlie's third in the WHL. Last year he played 72 games with Everett, scoring 14 goals and adding 26 assists.

A 6-foot, 205 pound right winger, Fowlie played 70 games in his rookie season in the WHL, scoring seven goals and adding eight assists, also with Everett.

The Rockets begin a four game road trip Wednesday night in Medicine Hat. Fowlie is expected to be in the line-up.

The team will also play Red Deer, Edmonton and Calgary on the trip.

Well I had season tickets for 10 years but I live in California now for the next 4 years...so no but I have listened to a few of them. Tonight we should have won hands down - outshot them 58-28 and lost in a SO...no fair! Rockets have had bad luck this year so far.

But I will go to three games when I'm home for Christmas!

Well I had season tickets for 10 years but I live in California now for the next 4 years...so no but I have listened to a few of them. Tonight we should have won hands down - outshot them 58-28 and lost in a SO...no fair! Rockets have had bad luck this year so far.

But I will go to three games when I'm home for Christmas!

58 shots...that's unbelievable. How you guys didn't win, is beyond me.

That goalie used to also play for Portland and earlier this year the Rockets had 33 shots on him and lost 1-0 to the Winterhawks.

Guess he just has our number.

That goalie also used to play for Kamloops :bigblush: But the difference is he was our backup. He's a really good goalie though.

Sissons Named to Team WHL for Super Series

October 25, 2012

Second straight season for Colton Sissons to play in Subway Super Series between CHL teams and Team Russia

close-newser.png

open-newser.png

Oct. 25, 2012 - Kelowna, BC

Kelowna Rockets captain Colton Sissons has been named to play in the Subway Super Series as part of Team WHL.

The Canadian Hockey League in association with the Western Hockey League, the Vancouver Giants and Victoria Royals Hockey Clubs today announced the rosters for Team WHL that will compete against Team Russia in the 2012 SUBWAY® Super Series.

SissonsSubwaySuper5256.jpgSissons played his first Subway Series last season as part of a year that saw him play in the Top Prospects Game in Kelowna and then get drafted by the Nashville Predators. This year Sissons has 16 points in the Rockets' first 13 games.

The SUBWAY® Super Series features regional teams of CHL All-Stars competing against the Russian National Junior Team in a six-game event serving as an integral part of the identification process for Team Canada prior to the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship. The OHL hosts the middle leg of the six-game series with the first two games hosted by the QMJHL, and the final two games played in the WHL. Last season the CHL prevailed with their eighth series win in nine years of this event earning a 10-8 victory in points which included three regulation wins, two losses, and one defeat by shootout. Team Canada later captured bronze at the 2012 World Junior Championship in Calgary and Edmonton, AB.

Team WHL will face Team Russia in games five and six of the series played Wednesday, November 14 in Vancouver, BC, and on Thursday, November 15 in Victoria, BC. The first two games of the series are hosted by the QMJHL with the OHL hosting games three and four.

I have drafted colton in one of my fantasy team :)

Edited by The Ratiocinator

Well didn't deserve that one, got outshot pretty badly. Still giving up a lead going into the third to lose 5-3 is tough to take.

Still some bright spots through the first 15 games - only teams in the West that have more GF's than Kelowna are Kamloops and Spokane (the two division leaders).

Rockets Close Trip with Win in Calgary

October 28, 2012

Kelowna beats Calgary 4-1 Sunday to finish four game trip 2-1-0-1; Up next Thursday home game against Kamloops and then Saturday vs. Prince George

Oct. 28, 2012

The Kelowna Rockets defeated the Calgary Hitmen 4-1 on Sunday, playing its fourth game in five nights and completing a trip through the Western Hockey League's Central Division.

Zach Franko scored two goals and added an assist to lead the Rockets over Calgary as Kelowna went 2-1-0-1 and picked up five out of a possible eight points on the trip.

Dylan McKinlay and Colton Sissons also scored for Kelowna, who outshot Calgary 30-22.

Jordon Cooke allowed just one goal to earn the win while the Rockets penalty killers kept Calgary to an 0-for-6 on the night.

The Rockets excellent road trip has them at 8-6-1-1 and in a tie with Victoria for second place in the WHL BC Division.

Kelowna returns to Prospera Place this week for a pair of games, hosting Kamloops Blazers on Thursday and Prince George on Saturday at Prospera Place.

The Blazers will come into the contest in first place in the division while the Cougars are just three points behind Kelowna

Lets hope we can beat the blazers on thursday night .

Edited by The Ratiocinator