The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Would You Like To See The Vancouver Canucks Draft This Year?

S N Y P E R S 7

PLEASE no European or college players... Lets draft some good ol' rough and tough canadian boys in major junior. Best prospect pool every year comes from CHL i just dont understand MG's preference for European and NCAA draftees

Hard to say where we'll have picks available with the Schneider card to play.

Someone mentioned obtaining Johansen, which I think would be a nice move, but doubt CBJ is willing to move him since he's exactly the kind of player theyre trying to aquire...

Id like to see Van draft a solid 2 way D-man, and theres plenty available as ranked 1st rounders this year, but most of which would still be a few years away from cracking the line-up.

Matt Dumba would be my pick of the crop, but obviously we'd need to trade up for that to happen.

I really have no idea what the long term plan is here... Some decent UFA d-men available aswell... Jason Garrison would be worth taking a shot at... Local kid having a break through year might come at a money puck price... Dennis Wideman, Matt Carle, Ryan Suter, and possibly Justin Schultz...

This years outcome will likley dramatically change the direction of the club, whether its moving Schneider, to what kind of player they want to draft or sign as pending UFAs. I personally like the idea of moving Schneider for TBs 1st (top 10 overall) + Detroits 1st (20 - 30th overall), combined with our own pick would give us three 1st round picks to get a healthy bunch of top tier prospects, or enable a package deal to aquire a coveted player. Either way, some much needed organizational depth is likley to be on the way.

Archived