The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2 Merged Oceans That Do Not Mix Together!

http://velrats.blogspot.ca/2011/12/two-types-of-oceans-that-do-not-mix-up.html

Nature is scary at times, but sure is beautiful! Just imagine being there and seeing it - amazing. Some things can't be explained fully. The light coloured body of water is fresh water, and the darker body is salt water :)

2 Merging Oceans

Merging Oceans

Where two oceans meet... but do not mix !!

These two bodies of water were merging in the middle of The Gulf of Alaska and there was a foam developing only at their junction. It is a result of the melting glaciers being composed of fresh water and the ocean has a higher percentage of salt causing the two bodies of water to have different densities and therefore makes it more difficult to mix.

Photo was taken on July 4, 2010 in City and Borough of Yakutat County, Alaska, US, using a Canon EOS 40D.

Photographer : "People have asked me if I just happened to look out over the edge of the ship deck and see this. Actually I had been on the deck for quite some time when I noticed what appeared to be a shadow cast by clouds over the ocean about 5 miles in front of the ship. As we approached the shadow I realized it was something different. "

Image Credit : Kent Smith

“Let us sing praise to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, for He is a loving God. Of His might and dominion, there is no compare; of His mercy and deliciousness, there is no equal. No other god can challenge Him; in the taste test, He is invincible. Through His pasta, He has blessed us with everlasting life, and holy is His Name. For He is the Flying Spaghetti Monster: the One, True, and Most High God, creator of man and midgit, giver of pasta, giver of sauce, from age to holy age; not created He was, but ever He lives, through the glory of spaghetti, now and forever. R'Amen.”

~
on the Flying Spaghetti Monster

“Let us sing praise to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, for He is a loving God. Of His might and dominion, there is no compare; of His mercy and deliciousness, there is no equal. No other god can challenge Him; in the taste test, He is invincible. Through His pasta, He has blessed us with everlasting life, and holy is His Name. For He is the Flying Spaghetti Monster: the One, True, and Most High God, creator of man and midgit, giver of pasta, giver of sauce, from age to holy age; not created He was, but ever He lives, through the glory of spaghetti, now and forever. R'Amen.”

~
on the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Archived