The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Do You Think Gets The Start On Thursday? Luongo Or Schneider?

NUCKS4CUP 28

You will be very surprised at how loud it it when the Canucks score in the Saddledome. You will also be surprised at how warm it gets when them Flamers score. I went to 3 games there and the first time I saw a guy fall from the third tier, second time someone dumped beer on me and third time I was ice level and saw some gnarly hits. Just be respectful and cheer on the Canucks. People are rowdy in Calgary as I am sure you know. Assholes exist everywhere!! You will be fine if we win. If we lose you will be teased. It's just another Canadian city with people who like hockey. Unfortunately for them, their team sucks. So any win they get, there will be some extra spicey douche-bagery going on. Enjoy!!

I went to a game in Calgary last year. There were just as many, if not more Nucks fans than Flames fans, and we were much louder. If you walk back to your hotel downtown (or take the ctrain from downtown to go home), you'll see many, MANY people wearing Canucks jerseys everywhere.

I lived there from January until Round 4 last year. There are actually a ton of Nucks fans there, which isn't that surprising.

Why are people so set on Luongo being a better goalie than Schneids? The season to date should tell you people that it may be a better choice to go with Schneids. I simply don't trust Luongo and I don't think I ever will unless he can go out and win a cup and actually be a factor in winning it. I've watched him blow too many games to ever feel comfortable with him between the pipes.

I ask this because I'm finally going to my first ever NHL game on Thursday in Calgary! :emot-parrot::emot-parrot::emot-parrot:

I would be absolutely ecstatic if I got to see my (obvious) idol in net live. It would also be awesome if Danny came back for Thursday, but I doubt that will happen.

And yes, I will wear my Luongo jersey with pride on Thursday!

On a side note, what should I expect my experience be like? I will be honest, I AM scared to wear a Canucks jersey, let alone a Luongo jersey in Calgary.

I ask this because I'm finally going to my first ever NHL game on Thursday in Calgary! :emot-parrot::emot-parrot::emot-parrot:

I would be absolutely ecstatic if I got to see my (obvious) idol in net live. It would also be awesome if Danny came back for Thursday, but I doubt that will happen.

And yes, I will wear my Luongo jersey with pride on Thursday!

On a side note, what should I expect my experience be like? I will be honest, I AM scared to wear a Canucks jersey, let alone a Luongo jersey in Calgary.

Who cares really? What do we care who starts? Schneider or Luongo , both are good. I personally would start Schneids. Throw him a bone if and until he crashes. Cory deserves the ice, so does Lu but lets face it, Schneider has been better. He has.

I say Lu starts tmrw and CS on Sat.

A lot of you Canuck fans are complete idiots. The Canucks are in first place (tied at the moment with Rangers) in the NHL. The majority of the wins came with Lou in net. He's been the backbone of this team for the last few years, helping to get them within a whisker of the Stanley Cup.

Yeah, his first goal last night was weak. The next three can be blamed on the defence; Lou can't stop machine gun bullets.

When Schneids came into the game, the Canucks changed their defensive play and only allowed 9 more shots the rest of the game, mostly from the outside. Easy enough saves for Schneids.

Don't get me wrong, Lou may not have made the brilliant save you expected of him, but for crying out loud fans, in the past you have buried every goalie that ever played in Vancouver . Don't you think it's time to put the blame on the whole team instead of one man? No matter how brilliant Lou plays, he doesn't score goals and if the team in front of him wants to play in the Vancouver end, the chance of a win is pretty slim. It's a team game and the defence is as much to blame as the goal tender when a third or fourth shot is allowed.

We have a great goalie playing for us now. Booing him when his team is number one in the NHL is just CLASS-LESS and shows what bad fans you really are. Add that to rioting (twice) now and you become the south end of the horse heading north.

Hope Luongo starts the last 2 games on the calendar.

And hopefully our D shows up and support him.

Hoping also for the PP to start coming along..... cause right now .... it stinks !

Wear you Nucks jersey proudly and be loud :bigblush:

GO :canucks: GO .... Be Proud .... Be Loud :emot-parrot::emot-parrot::emot-parrot:

Yeah, do not worry about the Flames fans here in Calgary. I have been to quite a few games donning my Burrows Jersy. The worst I ever got was "You stupid fracking Canucks Fan" yelled at me by some drunk retard. You can ignore them for the most part, and they will leave you alone.

The Dome is going to be filled with Blue Shirts, being that the Flames are out, they are playing a good team and are going to lose. Flames fans are selling their tickets left right and centre, for below face value at the moment. I had a guy in my office offer me his pair for $60. There are definintely more Canuck fans in the dome than flames fans, which makes it way better, as it turns into the sea of blue.

Just be a little more careful if you are sitting in the upper bowl, as that is where all the shenanigans with the drunk people happen. Have fun at the game man, and GO CANUCKS GO!

Archived