The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Separating The Sedins? A Legitimate Back-Up Plan.

culee

For a couple of Reasons:

- Henrik has been playing without Daniel for a while now & is beginning to develop chemistry with other players

- The brothers will be able to display more creativity and unpredictability with their passes while playing w/o each other

- Henrik and Daniel have the best vision on the team & it would give each line in the top 2 an great-to-elite playmaker

- Gives the opposing teams a harder time to contain the Canucks, as well as give our top 2 a better balance of toughness, grit, skill & scoring touch

- Helps the brothers grow separately without growing apart (jkjk). But could be a way to shorten their individual slumps if it were to occur

So our top 2 would like something like:

A. Burrows - H. Sedin - M. Lapierre

D. Sedin - R. Kesler - D. Booth

Though as the post season is nearing, will the risk of trying this at the moment be too high? That being said, I still believe they should remain together on the power play and 4-on-4.

Taking the lessons we learned from last year and this year, maybe it's time for a change. What do you all think?

Peace.

I think it is a good idea to separate them "if needed". It seems to me this year other teams are reading them and playing them better then in the past. If they are being played too hard and not producing in a round separate them for the round and put them back for the next round. They make there linemates better and no team in the league can check three lines well.

Henrik and Daniel have both proven to be elite playmakers. In order to cycle the way they do, they both need incredible vision; they've proven that they have such abilities. Daniel is the scorer on that line because, as a duo, the two have learned to complement one another with slightly different play styles.

Daniel can make incredible passes and has certain offensive qualities, including a better shot, that make him a more 'complete' player than his brother, I believe. I believe if he's designated as the second-line playmaker, he would thrive and make that line much, much better than it is now. He would fill that void on Booth's opposite side.

Something like this might work (perhaps not exactly like this, though):

Burrows-Henrik-Lapierre

Daniel-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Palhsson-Hansen

Kassian-Malhotra-Bitz

I agree with you O.P. If the Sedins were related, they be "line juggled" long ago. Treat them like they are not related, think outside the Box. I personally think Putting Daniel with Kesler and Higgins will not hurt at all. Put Booth on the top line, or whatever. Treat them like to players, and is always dangerous to not go all in, (have your top 2 players one line) and be able to spread our your depth.

The Sedins have successfully played their whole career together - you should be fired as a coach if you don't play them together.

To win a cup you need everyone to play well - as they say all 4 lines. If teams are able to shut our offense down cause they shut down the Sedins then that tells you are other lines aren't playing well.

This is really a huge playoff for them. It is a chance to answer the critics that they are easy to shutdown in the playoffs. For that reason you need to give them the chance.

Archived