* * * * * 12 votes

Canuckaholics Anonymous

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#151 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hello, my name is Gumballthechewy (that is my real name) and I am a Canuckaholic.

I was first introduced to this highly addictive substance when I was only 5 years old, during the great run of '94, and I've been addicted ever since. The strange thing is I don't want to be rehabilitated, I want to keep going through the highs and lows that is the Canucks. Call me crazy but I enjoy the high it brings and I never want to get off this crazy roller coaster win or lose.

My name is Gumballthechewy, thanks for listening.

#152 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,626 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Posted Image

Oops....wrong group help thread. :blush:

We all know that being a Canuckaholic usually drives us to that other issue too ::D
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#153 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Don't let this thread die

I agree!!
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#154 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

I've been a Canucks fan since I was a little kid. My father grew up in Edmonton during the glory days of the Oilers, and when my parents moved out here from Calgary when I was 1 year old, my father brought his love of hockey with him.

Saturday night was always Hockey Night in Canada for us. My brother and I would always play hockey against our dad in our living room. I was always "Mini McLean" and my brother was "Baby Bure", names lovingly given to us by my mother. My mom would always make a special soup for us when we played living room hockey, and hilariously the soup eventually was given the name "Hockey Soup", haha. Amazingly, we didn't break any windows playing in our living room.

1994 is really what cemented for me what would grow into a lifelong addiction and dedication to this team that sometimes borders on lunacy. "The Save", Bure's near-offside (or actually offside, perhaps), "He'll play, you know he'll play", and Lafayette's heart-breaking post are all moments in time that have been irreversibly etched in my memory. I hated him then, and will always hate Mark Messier for breaking Linden's ribs. When the Canucks lost in 1994, I cried like a baby. I was forlorn for weeks.

Suffering through the lean years afterwards was hard. Watching Messier come and take the C from Linden incensed me to no end. Watching my favourite Canuck of all time getting traded away broke my heart. Dark days for Canucks fans.

And then, out of the ashes of the 1994 team, I had the joy of watching one of the most dominant offensive lines this franchise has ever seen. The West Coast Express really was incredible to watch. A perfect blend of speed, skill, and power. Unfortunately things just couldn't seem to go our way. The Bertuzzi-Moore incident was a black eye for this franchise that would haunt it for years to come.

Suffering through the years between the WCE and the modern-day Canucks was tough. Watching the Canucks play the trap and boring, Lemaire-esque hockey was brutal, haha.

Fast forward to the cup run to the finals. Burrows scoring the OT winner in game 7 against the Sh*thawks was one hell of a moment. I was yelling so hard that I actually blacked out for a couple seconds, fell backward, and smashed my head into the door behind me. There's a bit of a dent in it, lol.

That entire season and playoffs just seemed magical. It seemed like everything was falling into the place. From the stanchion to timely tying goals, it just seemed like the stars would align.

Alas, it was not to be, and I had to witness first-hand the stupidity of so-called fans destroying my city. Our city. Losing to the Bruins at home in game 7 was bad enough, but the city's tarnished reputation was adding insult to injury. Sad, really.

And now here we are, again anxiously awaiting another season, scrutinizing every single move by Gillis, sifting through moronic trade proposals, and spending way too much time on CDC.

RIP LB RR PD

#155 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hello everyone, my name is VMR and I am a canuckaholic.

I feel a game day is not complete unless I am wearing some sort of Canucks logo. I will put on Canuck socks or shirts even if they have not been washed.

I have been a fan for 25 years and tried not to miss a game. My wife watches me go through hell and tries to help me keep my composure. During the playoffs run last year, I would start listening to games in the car on the way home from work and finish watching them on TV. My Daughter "who is 4 now" knows I love the nucks and is supportive of my issues. I have bought her many Canuck toys, clothes and jewelry so she can become a fan like her Dad. During game 7 vs the Blackhawks last year, she saw that I was little more stressed than usual and went upstairs and got me her Canucks Bear to help me relax. Of course I hugged her and cuddled her and the bear. Needless to say, they won that game.

I kept that bear beside me or in the room where I was watching the games for Nashville, Sharks and most of the Boston Series. I had to go away on business and had to watch Game 7 in my hotel room. Before I left for my trip my daughter told me to not forget to pack the bear. OF COURSE I WAS GOING BRING MY BEAR WITH ME. I didn't and you know the rest.

True Story!

I had to get that off my chest.... Maybe I can sleep now. LOL

PS: I have a hard time looking at the bear.

My Name is VMR and I am a canuckaholic.

It's not your fault, the classic rock radio station in Prince George played "more than a feeling" on the day of game 7. The bear was with you in spirit while 99.3 The Drive took a big dump on British Columbia. I will forever blame them for June 15th 2011.

#156 CanucskDominateOnceAgain

CanucskDominateOnceAgain

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

My name is CanucskDominateOnceAgain, and Im a Canuckaholic. It all started in 2002 I was 12 years old i started to like hockey, knew the game, but didnt know who to cheer for. Actually before 2002, I had a pair of pjs, that had the Canucks Logo, and I was drawn to that logo. Anyway 2002 1st round of the playoffs, nothing better to do, decided to flip on CBC, and I say the Canucks, Redwings series. I saw nazzy, bert, mo, and just the way the team played, I thought, "Wow these guys are good." I admired there work ethic. Now 10 years later at 22 years old, Still a proud canucks fan. In fact when I get a cut, thats what I bleed, green, blue, and white. In fact as a Canucks Fan living in Alberta, I have met many other canucks fans, here in alberta, I even helped a few oiler fans see the light, and the change their ways, to that of the Canucks. To date, that number is at 5. Yes, its not easy converting those oiler fans, and flames fans, and save them from the darkness of hockey, and come see the light of the Canucks. So if your a canucks fan who lives in Alberta, all I got to say, is help your fellow hockey fans, in realizing that they dont have to suffer with the oilers, and flames, let them know about Gods Team, the Canucks. GO CANUCKS!

Edited by CanucskDominateOnceAgain, 16 August 2012 - 02:04 AM.

#157 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

My name is VMR and I am a canuckaholic.
The Fans were robbed during the Lock Out, but I can't wait to see the nucks play on Saturday.
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#158 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hi my name is scottiecanuck and I am a canuckaholic.

It's something I was born with, I never really had a chance.

LETS GO NUX!!!!! :towel:

#159 MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

My name is MonkeyBusiness and I am a canuckaholic.
Although I am not a stat person, I am a huge fan of this team. Some you may not call me a true fan because of it. To those of you that think that way....... Too bad I am here to stay. I want nothing more than to see this team win it all and enjoy the victory with a sports town that has been waiting a long time.
My name is MonkeyBusiness and I am a canuckaholic.
Posted Image
Sig pic by -Vintage Canuck- Thank You!!!!

Love the Canucks!

Keep Loungo in Vancouver :towel:
http://www.ipetition...o-in-vancouver/

#160 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,626 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

The Fans were robbed during the Lock Out, but I can't wait to see the nucks play on Saturday.

+1

Best thread bump EVER!!! :ph34r:

My name is Shift-4 and I am a Canuckaholic.
Looking forward to Saturday night :towel:
Will be present for all meetings this season ::D
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#161 Tiger Gino Brash Ryp

Tiger Gino Brash Ryp

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

1st post thought this would be a perfect thread to start. Been watching the canucks since I can remember, which was the 94 run, and became instantly hooked. I survived the dark ages with Keenan and Messier. Then it got better making the playoffs all be it getting swept. Now we're in the glory days watching and cheering on the best canucks teams we've ever had. All we need is a cup, so lets hope and cheer our boys to it this year. And to all those people that complain about the lockout, I say get over it, it happened and yes it sucked but hockey is back. So on Saturday relax, grab a beer, watch and cheer the home team to win.

#162 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

+1

Best thread bump EVER!!! :ph34r:

My name is Shift-4 and I am a Canuckaholic.
Looking forward to Saturday night :towel:
Will be present for all meetings this season ::D

I will not let this thread Die!

Just over 24 hours till puck drop and duck is first on the menu.

1st post thought this would be a perfect thread to start. Been watching the canucks since I can remember, which was the 94 run, and became instantly hooked. I survived the dark ages with Keenan and Messier. Then it got better making the playoffs all be it getting swept. Now we're in the glory days watching and cheering on the best canucks teams we've ever had. All we need is a cup, so lets hope and cheer our boys to it this year. And to all those people that complain about the lockout, I say get over it, it happened and yes it sucked but hockey is back. So on Saturday relax, grab a beer, watch and cheer the home team to win.

Great place for your first post!
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#163 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Homer Hall Of Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,366 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

In the spirit of this thead, I also share Canuckisitis with others.

I work with a bunch of Turkish die hard soccer (football) fans. They live/breathe it - so the sports fantatic foundation is there. I've been converting them to hockey...well, namely - Canucks. One guy's really taking to it (loves Lu and says if Lu goes to Toronto, he is too).

Anyhow, I've told this before - but a funny story of a hockey fans' first days.

It was playoffs, we were down a goal and pulled Lu.

The next day, I asked my coworker what he thought of the game (he is really dramatic and wears his heart on his sleeve).

He was SO upset...."Deb, I don't understand....Lu's a professional, right? So why did he give up? He got tired and just skated to the bench and sat down with a minute to go!!". He was so confused and outwardly upset.

I then proceeded to tell him about pulling the goaltender to give an extra attacker. It was a proud moment.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#164 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,065 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

My relationship with the Canucks is like a self-hating Jew's relationship with himself. Obsessed with, and occasionally deeply frustrated by, my own culture and own self to the point of intense neuroses

Despite my frequent desire to escape my roots, I keep comin back

212e8lw.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#165 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

My name is VMR and I am a Canuckaholic.
We are all Canucks fans and need to stop the fighting. For better or worse we are on the same side and want this team to win it all.
This is an attempt to bring Canuck fans together and stop the division. This is the perfect thread for it.
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#166 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Hello. Whenever I see a Canucks logo on something, I am very tempted to buy it.

I am a Canuckaholic.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#167 wattevr

wattevr

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

Pointless threads in the middle of summer and severe withdrawal leads me to bump this back to the top.

It needs some more submissions. I need to stop the twitching and scratching.
Walter... Why's it always gotta be about 'Nam.

F@$K it. Lets go bowling.

#168 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hi there

My name is Sergio. I bled black, orange and yellow for a short time in the early 90's. Today I'm as hard core as it gets when it comes to being the ultimate fan. You will never see me don enemy colours. Or feel good for other teams success. This past shortened season I have finally come to terms that our team is not the team to beat anymore. And I'm ok with that. Why? It's because I am a full fledged Canuckahaolic.
jersey collection.jpg

#169 Puckster

Puckster

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

MY Name is Puckster

I am not a Canuckaholic , I am a Canucklehead

I am not trying to overcome my addiction, I am living in it...... O Ya Baby

Go Nucks Go

#170 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

I have taken a break from CDC for a few months because of too much fighting. We all have different opinions on what is best for this team, but we need to remember we are all Canucks fans.

Here we are one day before the drop of the puck of the first game of the season. The excitement is building and I have started getting ready for my game day tradition. Getting my jersey and socks out so I can wear them tomorrow. The smile on my face is getting bigger and I can’t wait to see the first goal and first save.

I wish the best of luck to the Canucks and hope all us Canucks fans can keep positive vibes flowing their way.

They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#171 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

my name is Greg, I am a canuckaholic.
Been so since the age of 5 when we lost in the 2nd round (I think?) to LA and they went on to go to the cup final.
the love affair was in full swing by the 1994 playoff run and then I have been addicted since. On CDC probably 20 times a day for anywhere from seconds to minutes. So far no major functional impairment due this addiction - good job, good girl, but the losing affects my mood and energy level for sure - I compartmentalize it pretty good but its tough sometimes.

was walking on sunshine in 2011 - kind of lowered the expectations for the foreseeable future.

still late at night or when I am just waking up from a nap - I ask God why...

why have we not won a cup yet
why did we trade Neely?
why didn't we draft Lucic, Weber, Kopitar..
why did you take LB so early from this place - we all still think of him

great thread idea

#172 deebow420

deebow420

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

Flying to Van (from regina,sk) for my first ever home game.. I will be the sheepdog look-a-like with an ear to ear smile the whole time!! unfortunately, bringing a special friend...yup, an oiler fan.. sorry in advance and woooot, can't wait

#173 Puck'nAnimal

Puck'nAnimal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

Earlier in this post, I said I watched the 2011 playoffs with my wife and my sons and daughter. Needless to say, they are ALL Canucks fans. My wife is even more of a rabid Canuck fan than I am. Any purchasable item with a Canucks logo, she has to purchase. I figure we should have enough items to start a Canucks shrine in our home pretty soon. All I need to top it off is a Orland Kurtenbach signed portrait.

Needless to say, my wife also looks upon the Bruins with cold disdain after 2011 and though she was born in Dallas, refuses to even consider the Stars as a hockey team. She bleeds Canucks blue, green and white. And reveres #1 (though I revere #1 for an altogether different reason - Kirk of the Clan McLean and the regal #35 who made the dream possible (that we were good enough to make it to the finals - not the 35 who was traded to NJ for all you younger fans) - those of you who are old enough know who I am talking about - and for him "it is not hard to be green" though he was mostly clothed in yellow, black and orange) and #16. I'm educating my wife on the reverence of #12 - the Steamer and the sanctity of #25 our original Captain.

Edited by Puck'nAnimal, 02 October 2013 - 12:22 PM.

gallery_80434_550_54175.jpg

Win It For Gino in 2016! (a guy can hope)

#174 Dr. Crossbar

Dr. Crossbar

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hey everyone , Dr. Crossbar here , and I'm a Canuckaholic!!

I arrived in Vancouver back in 1994 during the run up to the Cup. I grew up as a hardcore Oilers fan from the Gretzky days.

But when the Canucks started their playoff run in 94, I got swept away by the excitement of living in an NHL city at a pivotal time in the team's history. I mean, seeing Bure live at Pacific Coliseum score and give those elbows was just amazing!

So, each Stanley Cup game I hit Robson Street to celebrate with the rest of the city before the riot happened. It was a really special time... loved it!! The wave of people and the celebrations were awesome.

Before the riot erupted, I remember a guy, a stranger, coming through the crowd with a Rangers jersey in one hand and a hockey stick in the other.

He stopped in front of our group and says, "I want to burn this so bad!" Jokingly my buddy said to him, "Yeah, well, you'd probably need a can of lighter fluid." And the guy just disappeared into the crowd.

A minute later the guy returns with a freakin can of lighter fluid! No joke! My friends and I were like, "WTF!! You've got to be kidding!"

So... I watched the guy burn a Rangers jersey right in front of me ... and that's the moment I became a Canuckaholic forever.

True story!!!

It was the best of times and the worst of times all in one night. And no, I wasn't a rioter.

#175 TheMohammadman

TheMohammadman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Do not let this Thread die!

ogxeo9.jpg52415efcd90c0.image.jpg?resize=300%2C200
:canucks: :bigblush: :bigblush: :bigblush: :bigblush: :bigblush: :canucks:

#176 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

Do not let this Thread die!

That's the idea!
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#177 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

Hi, my names Dean and I have a problem.

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#178 Professor.of.Perception

Professor.of.Perception

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

My name is Professor.of.Perception and I'm a canuckaholic
The 1994 cup run changed my life! I was just a kid and had only watch hockey before with my grandparents huge Habs fans! It was a magical year! I grew to love, and hate Bure all at once! Linden became an idol and a hero in my heart. McLean made me join hockey and become a goalie.
Hockey is now a filthy addiction, if I'm not playing, I'm reading and soon to be coaching. I can say the team we have right now we are all lucky to watch!!!!

Edited by Professor.of.Perception, 03 October 2013 - 11:27 AM.

-Credit to Vintage Canuck-
20uwio4.jpg

#179 hlinkas wrister

hlinkas wrister

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Perfect opportunity for a first post-
as is obvious from my handle, I having been following this team for a looong time. From King Richards poetic run in 82 to Trevors beast mode performance in game seven of 94 and the series changing Rome hit in 2011, the ups and downs have been immeasureable. At times the team has united us and divided us, but for those of us who had the privilege of growing up in the Province listening to the Dulcet tones of Jim Robson on BCTV the Canucks are a common bond. I've since left B.C. and moved around the country to settle in Alberta and everywhere I've been the fanbase for the Canucks is always proud and always represents. Canuckaholics anonymous ? Nothing anonymous about us, nor should there be !

#180 MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

my name is MonkeyBusiness , I am a Canuckaholic.
T minus 5 hours till puck drop!
Posted Image
Sig pic by -Vintage Canuck- Thank You!!!!

Love the Canucks!

Keep Loungo in Vancouver :towel:
http://www.ipetition...o-in-vancouver/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.