Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Nun: I Was Fired For Reporting Priest's Dirty Mags

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#31 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Who needs to read?

"The church is a group that harbor and protects child abuses"

That seems pretty generic/all encompassing to me.

nearly every time a story like this comes to our attention it is followed by the revelation that the church wants to hide the issue by shuffling off the priest to some where else .the only real way i know of to stop making the same mistake over and over again is to actually admit to oneself and others that you have made a mistake , and this is something the church seems unable to do .
up until the present moment in time the actions of the church can only lead me to believe that they are a group of people that do harbor and protect child abusers

I think it's rad when balls beats natural talent

Shaun Palmer

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

#32 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Not condoning what was done. It seems that any organization, once it attains a certain size, becomes an entity unto itself, with no moral or ethical obligations to anyone. Anyone else notice this?

Edited by canucks since 77, 13 April 2012 - 04:20 PM.

Politeness is the first step to respect!

#33 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Not condoning what was done. It seems that any organization, once it attains a certain size, becomes an entity unto itself, with no moral or ethical obligations to anyone. Anyone else notice this?

it still has these obligations , it just does not feel obliged to live up to them .

I think it's rad when balls beats natural talent

Shaun Palmer

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

#34 hcoregdub

hcoregdub

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

#35 S.Mouse!

S.Mouse!

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

nearly every time a story like this comes to our attention it is followed by the revelation that the church wants to hide the issue by shuffling off the priest to some where else .the only real way i know of to stop making the same mistake over and over again is to actually admit to oneself and others that you have made a mistake , and this is something the church seems unable to do .
up until the present moment in time the actions of the church can only lead me to believe that they are a group of people that do harbor and protect child abusers

That is exactly why I have an issue with organized religion.

Normally, this would be a situation where I would blame the individual, rather than the organization. Same goes for most of the scandals that have made the news in recent years. But there always seems to be a cover up, and then a cover up of the cover up... and so on.

I'm not anti religion, by any means, but I will always have an issue with any group that protects the guilty. Especially if the guilty party is in a position of trust, like a priest, teacher, coach, doctor etc.

The Catholic Church needs to start policing it's membership, and exposing the predators that have infiltrated their ranks. I'm sure 99% of their priests are wonderful people, but the 1 % that aren't, and the higher-ups that protect them are destroying the credibility of the entire organization.

Stories like this are the biggest problem. People who do the right thing, and try to expose the truth are slandered and fired. They would rather victimize a devoted, honest Catholic than risk having a real predator in their ranks exposed.

The truth is out there Catholics... Deal with it.

Also, Catholics aren't the only ones with these issues. Every major religious group has had some sort of scandal that they have tried to hide. I'm not picking on one group, but the Catholics do seem to be the ones who are constantly in the news for similar scandals.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.