The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nun: I Was Fired For Reporting Priest's Dirty Mags

dudeone

Heretic, I've read every post in here and I think these child molestation scandals are far worse than the scandals within the RCMP and people are already calling for a complete overhaul and/or removal of the latter. Personally, I think the church should be overhauled but not destroyed. Some "priests" really don't get justice for what they did and the Church is either very blind or has intent to hide something.

But what's worse is not the Church being supposedly blind - it's the blind loyalism to the institution, as represented here in this thread and all the good things that it has done, while conveniently forgetting all the nasty things it has done in history. Individuals are saints. But the Church has certainly done its share of dirty work - who are you kidding? The Church's name has clearly been tarnished, much like the RCMP.

Heretic, I've read every post in here and I think these child molestation scandals are far worse than the scandals within the RCMP and people are already calling for a complete overhaul and/or removal of the latter. Personally, I think the church should be overhauled but not destroyed. Some "priests" really don't get justice for what they did and the Church is either very blind or has intent to hide something.

But what's worse is not the Church being supposedly blind - it's the blind loyalism to the institution, as represented here in this thread and all the good things that it has done, while conveniently forgetting all the nasty things it has done in history. Individuals are saints. But the Church has certainly done its share of dirty work - who are you kidding? The Church's name has clearly been tarnished, much like the RCMP.

nearly every time a story like this comes to our attention it is followed by the revelation that the church wants to hide the issue by shuffling off the priest to some where else .the only real way i know of to stop making the same mistake over and over again is to actually admit to oneself and others that you have made a mistake , and this is something the church seems unable to do .

up until the present moment in time the actions of the church can only lead me to believe that they are a group of people that do harbor and protect child abusers

Archived