The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler's Antics

CoreyPerry

We lost Danny and that screwed our first line. Henrik was in slumber and Alex wasn't producing. He had to do something to spark them and putting Lappy there helped them wake up. Moving Lappy to the first line caused a mess in 4th line.

Plus.. our 2nd line is still in a slump. He needs someone to help spark Kes and Booth but it seems like no one is the right fit except for Higgins. But AV can't suddenly remove Higgy from the 3rd line because that line has chemistry.

In my opinion, our line-up problem will be fixed the moment Danny comes back (2nd line is still going to be questionable though)..

Guest Dasein

Diving everywhere?? Well I bet the CBC is happy that their rant fest worked. Even Canuck fans are convinced that the Canucks are the one and only team who would ever stoop to diving and whining to the refs. If anyone here realy believes that then they need to open their flipping eyes. Name a team who doesn't dive and complain to the refs. Just one, please. The vitrol on the board today has become completely ridiculous.

Everybody on here has just got to calm down. This game could easily been 2-1 for the canucks if it weren't for Hansen putting his stick in front of a shot which in turn went high over Lu instead of staying on the ice where a save was more likely to happen on a screened Lu. Secondly, Carters skate pass was awsome; but a fluke none the less. Lu had no chanceon it. So you forget about the empty net goal because it wouldn't have happened without these two fortunate bounces for the kings, we could have been on the winning end of this game.

Our biggest problem is the penalties. I know some of them were not good calls; but not all are. This team is hated because we have always been smarter than the other team. Well we weren't last night.

Henrik played roughly 20 min and most of it was in the third being backshifted to try and get something going. We have four solid lines and need to roll them effectively. We will know after tomorrows game where we stand. I for one just see game one as a get everything out of your system for this team and look forward to seeing them chrush the Kings in game two.

simple Math: -Kesler shut down Toews last year

-Toews>Richards

-Kesler can shut down Richards

but the thing is so can Pahlsson, so he should shut down Richards, Sedin line goes head to head with Kopitars line, and Kesler line should dominate the other two Kings lines

I think AV is thinking of putting Kesler up against Kopitar and Pahlsson up against Richards. Pahlsson pretty much erased Kopitar last night, but i think the biggest threat on Kings is the Richards line. Also, Pahlsson should have an easier time against Richards than Kopitar because Richards is smaller thus easier to contain physically. Further, Richards has good shutdown capabilities, so by having Pahlsson play Richards, we free Kesler up from their #1 shutdown center.

I think this is a case of AV recognizing that he has options in his line matching and he's willing to experiment and adjust accordingly to what the Kings bring.

Personally, I would like to see AV match Kesler up against Kopitar and Pahlsson up against Richards instead.

I agree with this line-up. Raymond is really good defensively. He isn't the right fit on the first line and he has no chemistry with Kes and Booth. Thus, 3rd line is the only line I can see him being on.

As for the fourth line.. I want to see Reinprecht there but I don't see him getting called because he is important in wolves. We can try Ebbett but he isn't 4th line material though. Since Bitz is suspended, I can see Weise back for game 2.

I thought Hanson was one of the few players that had a great game.mo

I have to think that its hard to get flow in a game when the refs were calling EVERYTHING,

I watched the Pit vs Ph I game earlier, and the refs let them bang away all game.

Then I watched the Vancouver game, and it was painful.

Good pk on our part too. (Had enough practise)

I thought Hanson was one of the few players that had a great game.mo

I have to think that its hard to get flow in a game when the refs were calling EVERYTHING,

I watched the Pit vs Ph I game earlier, and the refs let them bang away all game.

Then I watched the Vancouver game, and it was painful.

Good pk on our part too. (Had enough practise)

Archived