Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Kesler's Antics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
307 replies to this topic

#301 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

As much as Kesler deserves jeers for his antics throughout the rest of the game, he deserves some cheers for being the only Canuck who went for at tumble in the right spot. The only place where it's acceptable to get theatrical is around the other team's net. The accidentally on purpose contact between him and Quick created a goal. Good hard play to make Quick instigate contact when Kesler was outside the crease. If he can stop trying to draw penalties and stick to creating goals, even if he isn't scoring them, he will be a valuable playoff asset.

aXmDa9t.gif

#302 velocity

velocity

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

"We need to stay away from it," Ryan Kesler said. "We haven't been doing it as much all year and with the excitement of playoffs we got caught up a little too much in it. We need to stick to our game plan, which is whistle to whistle."

#303 The Nuckist

The Nuckist

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Since it would be incredible foolish to believe anyone in the canuck organization gives a crap what people on cdc think. What would be the easiest way get voice our disgust at this crap. I tried to look the other way last year but I simply cant anymore. When I turn on the game tonight, i will care little if the nucks win or lose but I am instead just hoping that they start honoring the game that is so ingrained into our culture.
I do not think I am capable of not following the canucks, they are an obsession predating anything else I do. I know that not all the players are completely embarrassing themselves, us and the game (I do not know what I would do with out our defensemen) just as I know that it was only a small portion of canuck fans who rioted after game 7 and embarised us, our team and the game. But what else I know is that those fans that did not participate in the riot were there and let it happen (there are a couple exceptions) just as there are players on the team who need to stop this from continuing. Lets do what fans are supposed to do and raise our voice to encourage them to act.
We are the most hated team in NHL and it is well deserved, I know cause I can only ever be a canuck fan and it is getting hard not to hate myself because of it.
"There are a lot of selfless players on our roster ... I think, to a man, if you asked the guys, they would rather win a game 1-0 than lose a game and get a hat trick. That's the type of guys we have in our room and that's the type of player you need to be successful."
-- Kevin Bieksa

#304 wtpasc

wtpasc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

I hope Kes gets with the program tonight and cuts the crap. I hate seeing it from him.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#305 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

"We need to stay away from it," Ryan Kesler said. "We haven't been doing it as much all year and with the excitement of playoffs we got caught up a little too much in it. We need to stick to our game plan, which is whistle to whistle."

There's an understatement.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#306 Busty Ruffles

Busty Ruffles

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

All they do with the diving, beaking, and whining is earn the focus of the officials. The whiniest brat is more likely to get the spanking, even when he may not be guilty of being a whiny brat at that particular moment. The more time they spend on their backs looking for calls = more time they miss out on skating and making plays. I hope to see different from them tonight. They weren't so bad through the regular season; now is not the time to start and gain the ire of the officials, the league, and the fans!

#307 Real deal - Stan Smyl

Real deal - Stan Smyl

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Only high ground to speak from in Colorado or as a AVs fan in BC would be literal - if you are writing from a mountaintop - otherwise no moral high ground at all. Your team has and has had it's share of tools.

Ol fella, if your insinuation is that Kesler is also a "tool", I hope that this is not a reference to his underwear ad. Fair warning, Deb is watching and you had better not dis he of beast mode.

I realize that there is no consensus, but I too have regained some respect for fans on the CDC due to the backlash against Kes' antics in game one. If you are a hockey fan FIRST, and a nuck fan second, theatrics like this are simply embarrassing. It is stuff like this that makes me hate the sport of soccer so much. There is supposed to be more honor in hockey...

...and take it easy on the av fan (that's av, not av), they have plenty of troubles already :)
Cheers,
Steamer!

#308 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,162 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

Well, Kesler diving all over the place is better than Kesler suffering his yearly playoff injury. But it's early. Cheers.

TOML
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.