The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Experience Counts

fanfor42

First post for an old timer. Took a while to find out how to do this lol!

Have been attending Canucks games since 1970, so I'm older than a lot of the fans on this site. I've read the posts many times and wanted to offer my opinion. Experience counts. What I mean is that please listen to the posts from people who have been doing this a long time. Those with a history of posting are worth listening to.

Why is that salient? Because it helps to educate the fan base. All Canuck fans want the team to do well. Those who have invested time know that the way to support the team is to help educate the fans to become the best and most knowledgeable fans in the league.

You know, back in the day, there was no internet. The team was reviewed every night by the fans live, when the game was played. The tone of the fans in the building helped set the tone for the team on the ice. This is still true today.

The difference today is that all the immediate feedback of social media etc affects the live experience. So know that. If you are going to post a comment online think about the impact that has on the fans and the team. It may seem trivial, but en masse this does provide the impetus for who the fans are, their reaction at the games and ultimately what the team hears when they play.

If you want your team to be successful be positive in your comments. if you want them to make changes, be thoughtful about your comments on line. The quality of your comments is your contribution, good or bad, to the success of the team. Negative comments lead to negative results. Flippant comments lead to a flippant fan base.

In today's day and age, this is how you contribute. Don't take it lightly. In the old days, we spoke directly to each other one on one. If you were wrong you were immediately challenged to defend your position. In a world where you can annonimously post a comment please remember that you are contributing to the Canuck fan base as a whole. I know that you want the team to do well and have the fans respected around the league for their knowledge, patience and quality. We must all earn that respect. It starts here by demonstrating that we know what we are talking about.

Now go enjoy the heck out of a great Canuck team. These guys are the real deal.

people are over reacting a little bit because 1) we haven't been down 1-0 in a playoff series since 2007 2) we were 4-0 in game 1's in our run last year 3) We never trailed a series last year until we lost game 7 of the SCF

I (like many others) expect a much better effort tomorrow by the Canucks. It's very important we don't leave Vancouver down 0-2.

thanks for42 i totally agree with you! regardless if we are down in the series by 1 game we cant start freaking out. The excuse people are using is "well thats just how Canucks fans are" is a lame excuse and just means we are lazy lets be positive

Archived