Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

How Long Until Av Gets It Booth And Kesler Dont Work

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#1 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

SERIOUSLY booth and kesler have zero chemistry i dont see why they are together ever since booth was acquired he has been no help for kesler time to spilt them up!!!!!

#2 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

I tend to agree and I actually thought Booth was easily one of the worst Canucks tonight. I swear to god the guy cannot pass, every pass I saw him attempt was way off the mark and resulted in a tunover. Don't get me wrong I think Booth is capable of being a pretty good power forward, but I thought he was straight up awful tonight.

#3 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,572 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

Who do suggest we use? Raymond?

I think they have Shown Flashes of chemistry, and I think they work better than most of the Players we have Tried with Kesler.

zackass.png

#4 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

Particularly in this scenario, I have to admit I agree with AV leaving them together. What other option does he have? Booth is not a good candidate for the first line because he can't pass worth a damn and when you're playing with Henrik Sedin or both the twins it goes without saying you have to be able to pass in order to work with them. He's also a sub-par defensive player so he doesn't suit the 3rd line either. The only time he suited the 3rd line was when Cody Hodgson was still a Canuck. In fact, I remember Booth when he first got here having better chemistry with Hodgson than Kesler.

At the end of the day, Gillis brought Booth in to be the winger for Kesler he was looking for and that's what he'll be. Unfortunately, he doesn't really belong anywhere else. They're both fast, they're both physical, and they both have the size and willingness to drive the net. They suit eachother so whether they're clicking or not, they might as well stay together.

#5 2010Canucks

2010Canucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

Kesler might be better off with guys like Hansen or Kassian, he would rather take a weak shot then make a pass. In my opinion he's just hurting skilled players he plays with. At least with less skilled guys they can pick up his garbage or just focus on setting Kesler up.

#6 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

Who do suggest we use? Raymond?

I think they have Shown Flashes of chemistry, and I think they work better than most of the Players we have Tried with Kesler.

Raymond was once again one of the better forwards tonight. Neither Kesler or Booth are willing to pass the back. At least they are playing a physical game.

#7 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,848 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

The Amex line was doing perfectly fine a week or two back, BEFORE Raymond was randomly slotted in for no reason. I dreaded that goal because I knew he'd get promoted and ruin a hot line. And that's what happened.

#8 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,572 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

Raymond was once again one of the better forwards tonight. Neither Kesler or Booth are willing to pass the back. At least they are playing a physical game.

Your Kidding right? Raymond had Hands of stone tonight.

I remeber countless times when he would carry the puck around the outside and just lose it, a couldn't control the puck and he had a few good chances off one of the Rap arounds in the 3rd and he took a shot right at the goaile with part of the net open then on the Rebound the puck rolled of his stick agian.

I though booth was better, atleast he was able to control the puck.

zackass.png

#9 mysticriver

mysticriver

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

Booth and Kesler rammed Richards' ass into the boards and gave him a nose bleed. They did some brilliant work tonight.

Posted Image

Sig/Avatar by ExpectoPatronum

#10 smackyo23

smackyo23

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:41 AM

Interesting thought. I think they could work but they need a true play making center on the line with them, move Kes to the wing like he should be and give them a play maker. Booth's physical game was there tonight no doubt but he does look a bit shakey on some of the passes.
Posted Image

#11 canucksnhl

canucksnhl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

Booth-H.Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Raymond
Lapierre-Pahlsson-Hansen
Weise-Malhotra-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Salo
Ballard-Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

My game 3 preferred lineup. They better be watching some film on Quick instead of trying to get in his head through verbal attacks on the ice. The defence could have played better, but it's time to give Schneider an opportunity. The Canucks are a far stronger team overall on paper than the Kings, and they must prove this Sunday in LA.

Go Canucks Go!

DSedin.jpg HSedin.jpg Todd.jpg Luongo.jpg Markus.jpg Kesler.jpg Burrows.jpg

#12 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

My lines for the next game would be:

Booth-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Lapierre
Kassian-Pahlsson-Hansen
Raymond-Malhotra-Weise

Hamhuis-Edler
Ballard-Salo
Bieksa-Tanev

Schneider
Luongo
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

I tend to agree and I actually thought Booth was easily one of the worst Canucks tonight. I swear to god the guy cannot pass, every pass I saw him attempt was way off the mark and resulted in a tunover. Don't get me wrong I think Booth is capable of being a pretty good power forward, but I thought he was straight up awful tonight.

They are both playing with the wrong players. I'm surprised it has taken so long for people to realise that. I have been saying for weeks that there is no chemistry between them. They are both selfish, the difference is Kesler has so much more to his game and gets on with making an impression even when things are not working for him.

Both need to play with a couple of players who will pass to them. Booth also needs someone like Raymond/Burrows on his line because his defensive game is non existent, especially if his offence is struggling.

Edit

I accept that Booths poor passing and defence might rule him out from being with the twins so how about the following

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler ........see if we can't get some sparks flying.

Booth - Ebbett - Burrows

Higgins - Phalsson - Hansen

Kass - Malhotra - Raymond

Edited by Bodee, 14 April 2012 - 03:34 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#14 mgorospe

mgorospe

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

Booth and Kesler rammed Richards' ass into the boards and gave him a nose bleed. They did some brilliant work tonight.

Oh hey sweet, how many goals does giving nose bleeds to the opposing teams star players give us...? I guess one for each, that would explain the "2" we had compare to LA's "4".

#15 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

That's the trouble with some people on here, they get their sports mixed up and forget, that the point of hockey is to get the puck in the net. Still they give some entertainment value I suppose before their Mom pops them off to bed.
Kevin.jpg

#16 py17

py17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

and this board was soooooo excited to put Booth Kesler and Kassian on the same line! i LMFAO when you guys were happy for that crap... putting three players that can't pass if their life depended on it on the same line.

#17 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,394 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

Maybe they need a play maker????

Unfortunately, pre Hodgson, Samuelsson who we gave up for Booth was the guy who distributed the puck on that line. We're now post Hodgson & we still have not put the line back together with a playmaker. They also had an extra play maker on the back end; Erhoff. Behind anyone named Sedin, we gave up our next three best play makers and suddenly we cant score.

Go figure?

:huh:

Particularly in this scenario, I have to admit I agree with AV leaving them together. What other option does he have? Booth is not a good candidate for the first line because he can't pass worth a damn and when you're playing with Henrik Sedin or both the twins it goes without saying you have to be able to pass in order to work with them. He's also a sub-par defensive player so he doesn't suit the 3rd line either. The only time he suited the 3rd line was when Cody Hodgson was still a Canuck. In fact, I remember Booth when he first got here having better chemistry with Hodgson than Kesler.

At the end of the day, Gillis brought Booth in to be the winger for Kesler he was looking for and that's what he'll be. Unfortunately, he doesn't really belong anywhere else. They're both fast, they're both physical, and they both have the size and willingness to drive the net. They suit eachother so whether they're clicking or not, they might as well stay together.

#18 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,394 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

All things considered; this is the best line-up below (well done).

Booth-H.Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Raymond
Lapierre-Pahlsson-Hansen
Weise-Malhotra-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Salo
Ballard-Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

My game 3 preferred lineup. They better be watching some film on Quick instead of trying to get in his head through verbal attacks on the ice. The defence could have played better, but it's time to give Schneider an opportunity. The Canucks are a far stronger team overall on paper than the Kings, and they must prove this Sunday in LA.

Go Canucks Go!

Bodee also had this to offer below. Too bad we still did not have Hodgson to center the 2knd line...

They are both playing with the wrong players. I'm surprised it has taken so long for people to realise that. I have been saying for weeks that there is no chemistry between them. They are both selfish, the difference is Kesler has so much more to his game and gets on with making an impression even when things are not working for him.

Both need to play with a couple of players who will pass to them. Booth also needs someone like Raymond/Burrows on his line because his defensive game is non existent, especially if his offence is struggling.

Edit

I accept that Booths poor passing and defence might rule him out from being with the twins so how about the following

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler ........see if we can't get some sparks flying.

Booth - Ebbett - Burrows

Higgins - Phalsson - Hansen

Kass - Malhotra - Raymond

#19 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

Well, in today's poll nearly 23% of our "fans" think Booth was the unsung hero of last night's game.  I don't know based on what?  Fewest times having his name mentioned on the broadcast, maybe.  Of course this is the same fan base that voted him the Most Exciting Player and Edler the Best Defenceman, so that pretty much tells you that the voting must have been made up of teenaged girls and morons (not that the two are mutually exclusive, by any means).

Edited by dorrcoq, 14 April 2012 - 05:55 AM.

#20 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

the difference is Kesler has so much more to his game

Yeah, there's the whining. The moaning. The diving. The general histrionics. Shall I go on?

#21 Biznow

Biznow

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

booth-sedin-lapierre
raymond-kesler-burrows
higgins-malhotra-hansen
kassian-pahlsson-weise

Two guys that will go to the net for Henrik, put Burrows down with Kesler because you know there's some chemistry there, move Pahlsson to the 4th to solidify that line, and move Manny up to the 3rd and see if it sparks him to play out of his mind (with the kind of character he is, in the playoffs, not out of the question). Cross fingers, hope for the best, then call in that youth pastor to pray for the whole damn team. (not religious, but willing to try anything at this point)

Posted Image~Biznow

#22 RIPRYP

RIPRYP

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

ANYONE BUT LU IN NET

RIP to the BEST pound for pound fighter the NHL has ever seen. Will be missed.

#23 CodyHodgson's #1fan

CodyHodgson's #1fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

Maybe they need a play maker????

Unfortunately, pre Hodgson, Samuelsson who we gave up for Booth was the guy who distributed the puck on that line. We're now post Hodgson & we still have not put the line back together with a playmaker. They also had an extra play maker on the back end; Erhoff. Behind anyone named Sedin, we gave up our next three best play makers and suddenly we cant score.

Go figure?

:huh:

Exactly this. I have always had faith in GMMG but right now looking back at those trades, I dont know what to think.
Always will love and support Cody Hodgson, great player, great potential great character, and I don't care about those stupid rumours about the trade. And we lost him, what a dissapointment. Love you COHO, forever a canuck in my heart!

One day Luongo will raise Lord Stanley's cup.
And show all those haters that he is the amazing goalie that he is.
No matter what jersey he wears, I will always be cheering for Luongo.

Forever Believe.

#24 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

The Amex line was doing perfectly fine a week or two back, BEFORE Raymond was randomly slotted in for no reason. I dreaded that goal because I knew he'd get promoted and ruin a hot line. And that's what happened.

Raymond tries so hard and looks good but it's obvious the guy rarely finishes his chances. He really needs to be used in a checking role or not at all. His top 6 touch just isn't there and I don't think it will ever develop to a point it is consistent,

Booth is OK, he's kind of the same but has a bit more finish and more drive/presence. He doesn't seem to fit into our cycle system that well but that system hasn't seemed to work that great this year in general.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#25 -- Alexander 89 Mogilny --

-- Alexander 89 Mogilny --

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

Higgins - Sedin - Hansen
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Pahlsson - Burrows
Lapierre - Malhotra - Ebbett

PLEASE. KASSIAN WITH KESLER AND BOOTH WORKS AV. PLEASE.

Start schneider because, unfortunately for Luongo, the team needs a change. Also, Henrik badly needs either Daniel, or someone with enough skill. Higgins has enough skill.

Our powerplay needs to stop that bullsh!t drop pass. This isn't peewee league, I never liked it. Looks childish. If we just relax and set up we will be fine. They gang the puck with three players that means there are players WIDE open. Once we find them a couple times it'll keep them honest and they will resort to a more passive penalty kill.

Quick is human. We can beat him, but we have to take more QUALITY shots.
Credit RK.17/-H.Sedin33-for the sick sig.

The Most Exciting in History.
Posted Image
The Most Exciting in History.
Credit RK.17/-H.Sedin33- for the sick sig.

#26 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

Interesting thought. I think they could work but they need a true play making center on the line with them, move Kes to the wing like he should be and give them a play maker. Booth's physical game was there tonight no doubt but he does look a bit shakey on some of the passes.

I agree with this.The Canucks.org had that pure playmaker but kept trying to put him on the wing,whereas it was Kesler that should hve been told to patrol the wing.
Kesler is riding on pre hip surgery accolades.

#27 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

Yeah, there's the whining. The moaning. The diving. The general histrionics. Shall I go on?

Grow up. He is one of the hardest working players out their and even when not scoring is handful for any team. If you can't see that without taking cheap shots hockey is not for you.
And by the way, put your bias aside and see that some of the LA antics were just as bad.
Kevin.jpg

#28 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

booth-sedin-lapierre
raymond-kesler-burrows
higgins-malhotra-hansen
kassian-pahlsson-weise

Two guys that will go to the net for Henrik, put Burrows down with Kesler because you know there's some chemistry there, move Pahlsson to the 4th to solidify that line, and move Manny up to the 3rd and see if it sparks him to play out of his mind (with the kind of character he is, in the playoffs, not out of the question). Cross fingers, hope for the best, then call in that youth pastor to pray for the whole damn team. (not religious, but willing to try anything at this point)

I like that............almost as good as mine :)
Kevin.jpg

#29 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,883 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

Booth - Henrik - Higgins (2 hard working forwards, 1 great playmaker, plenty of net presence and a great shot for Hank)
Burrows - Kesler - Raymond (perfect mix of skill, speed and grit, Burr has more chemistry with Kes than the Hank by himself IMO)
Lapierre - Pahlsson - Hansen (very gritty 3rd line, Lappy has great speed to replace Higgins/Raymond)
Weise - Malhotra - Kassian (just go out there and hit everyone)

The only player not really doing much is Malhotra who has been brutal for a while now, but everyone else in that lineup has a role and would play it well.
Posted Image

#30 meh_wassup

meh_wassup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

burrows-sedin-lapierre
Amex line
ebbet-pahlsson-hansen
Duco/Kassian-malhotra-Weise

Bieksa-Hamhuis
Edler-Salo
Ballard-Tanev

At the end of the day, I realy can't do much more than say Go Canucks Go!

Edited by meh_wassup, 15 April 2012 - 11:09 AM.

Charlotte-McKinney-21-155x160.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.