The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Long Until Av Gets It Booth And Kesler Dont Work

yete

I tend to agree and I actually thought Booth was easily one of the worst Canucks tonight. I swear to god the guy cannot pass, every pass I saw him attempt was way off the mark and resulted in a tunover. Don't get me wrong I think Booth is capable of being a pretty good power forward, but I thought he was straight up awful tonight.

Particularly in this scenario, I have to admit I agree with AV leaving them together. What other option does he have? Booth is not a good candidate for the first line because he can't pass worth a damn and when you're playing with Henrik Sedin or both the twins it goes without saying you have to be able to pass in order to work with them. He's also a sub-par defensive player so he doesn't suit the 3rd line either. The only time he suited the 3rd line was when Cody Hodgson was still a Canuck. In fact, I remember Booth when he first got here having better chemistry with Hodgson than Kesler.

At the end of the day, Gillis brought Booth in to be the winger for Kesler he was looking for and that's what he'll be. Unfortunately, he doesn't really belong anywhere else. They're both fast, they're both physical, and they both have the size and willingness to drive the net. They suit eachother so whether they're clicking or not, they might as well stay together.

Kesler might be better off with guys like Hansen or Kassian, he would rather take a weak shot then make a pass. In my opinion he's just hurting skilled players he plays with. At least with less skilled guys they can pick up his garbage or just focus on setting Kesler up.

Interesting thought. I think they could work but they need a true play making center on the line with them, move Kes to the wing like he should be and give them a play maker. Booth's physical game was there tonight no doubt but he does look a bit shakey on some of the passes.

Booth-H.Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Raymond

Lapierre-Pahlsson-Hansen

Weise-Malhotra-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Salo

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

My game 3 preferred lineup. They better be watching some film on Quick instead of trying to get in his head through verbal attacks on the ice. The defence could have played better, but it's time to give Schneider an opportunity. The Canucks are a far stronger team overall on paper than the Kings, and they must prove this Sunday in LA.

Go Canucks Go!

I tend to agree and I actually thought Booth was easily one of the worst Canucks tonight. I swear to god the guy cannot pass, every pass I saw him attempt was way off the mark and resulted in a tunover. Don't get me wrong I think Booth is capable of being a pretty good power forward, but I thought he was straight up awful tonight.

That's the trouble with some people on here, they get their sports mixed up and forget, that the point of hockey is to get the puck in the net. Still they give some entertainment value I suppose before their Mom pops them off to bed.

and this board was soooooo excited to put Booth Kesler and Kassian on the same line! i LMFAO when you guys were happy for that crap... putting three players that can't pass if their life depended on it on the same line.

Maybe they need a play maker????

Unfortunately, pre Hodgson, Samuelsson who we gave up for Booth was the guy who distributed the puck on that line. We're now post Hodgson & we still have not put the line back together with a playmaker. They also had an extra play maker on the back end; Erhoff. Behind anyone named Sedin, we gave up our next three best play makers and suddenly we cant score.

Go figure?

:huh:

Particularly in this scenario, I have to admit I agree with AV leaving them together. What other option does he have? Booth is not a good candidate for the first line because he can't pass worth a damn and when you're playing with Henrik Sedin or both the twins it goes without saying you have to be able to pass in order to work with them. He's also a sub-par defensive player so he doesn't suit the 3rd line either. The only time he suited the 3rd line was when Cody Hodgson was still a Canuck. In fact, I remember Booth when he first got here having better chemistry with Hodgson than Kesler.

At the end of the day, Gillis brought Booth in to be the winger for Kesler he was looking for and that's what he'll be. Unfortunately, he doesn't really belong anywhere else. They're both fast, they're both physical, and they both have the size and willingness to drive the net. They suit eachother so whether they're clicking or not, they might as well stay together.

All things considered; this is the best line-up below (well done).

Booth-H.Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Raymond

Lapierre-Pahlsson-Hansen

Weise-Malhotra-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Salo

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

My game 3 preferred lineup. They better be watching some film on Quick instead of trying to get in his head through verbal attacks on the ice. The defence could have played better, but it's time to give Schneider an opportunity. The Canucks are a far stronger team overall on paper than the Kings, and they must prove this Sunday in LA.

Go Canucks Go!

Well, in today's poll nearly 23% of our "fans" think Booth was the unsung hero of last night's game.  I don't know based on what?  Fewest times having his name mentioned on the broadcast, maybe.  Of course this is the same fan base that voted him the Most Exciting Player and Edler the Best Defenceman, so that pretty much tells you that the voting must have been made up of teenaged girls and morons (not that the two are mutually exclusive, by any means).

Archived