The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

Yea, but everyone knew that Carter and Richards had issues with their comittment to hockey. Obviously Philly had enough of it.

Luongo has been nothing but a champ and a warrior for this team. He's been involved in the community, he's captained the team, he's mentored young players including Schneider. He's genuinely proud to be a Canuck.

Schneider on the other hand just looks like he's biding his time until he can get a ticket out of here.

IF CS has no intrest of staying here, he would have pulled a Hodgson and asked for a trade asoon as they signed Luongo to the lifetime contract.

Luongo most certainly will be the one that will be traded. Hearing his interview, It doesnt sound like a guy who thinks he will be back or want to come back.

He knows that MG will not ask him to waive his NTC so he had to break the ice and publicly declare he is open to a trade if asked. MG cant use the "Oh we dont ask players to waive their NTCs" excuse in this one.

Listening to his interview it sounded like reporters were asking lead on questions because they all assume that he will be traded. Nothing more than speculation from the media.

Luongo will not be traded, sorry to burst your bubble. Schneider is much more marketable and will fetch us a solid piece at the draft.

Listening to his interview it sounded like reporters were asking lead on questions because they all assume that he will be traded. Nothing more than speculation from the media.

Luongo will not be traded, sorry to burst your bubble. Schneider is much more marketable and will fetch us a solid piece at the draft.

To me this is heartbreaking, It's personal..you develop a relationship with these guys, they become a part of your life, A Big part, They give memories for a life-time, good and bad...I have a feeling of what's going to happen with Luongo but all I have to say is that I'd rather win the cup with him then with out him. It won't feel right, He deserves it. Class act.

If Luongo does get traded I hope it's not to Toronto. Those fans are total a**es and would make fun of him every chance they get, they might throw waffles at him. Hopefully he goes to a legitimate team like Tampa where he has a solid chance to win the cup.

TO fans and media would be worse than Vancouver's fans and media.

Well it's more speculation on the media's part since they asked the question about him waiving his NTC.

No one in the media was even talking about the idea of trading Luongo until about a week ago. Why would management all of a sudden change their plans out of the blue. The plan has always been to trade Schneider, Gillis has talked about it countless times.

Exactly my thoughts. The longer this awkward situation drags on, the more likely it is that Schneider is going to request to be traded.

Gillis better deal with this situation swiftly, so that either player can move on with their careers.

Well when you already have a starting goalie in Luongo, why wouldn't you try and trade for a young impact player?

You're telling me you wouldn't trade Schneider for a player that could become as good as Malkin? Not saying that Grigerenko will be, but what if he did? I don't think you can underestimate the impact a top 3 pick can have on a franchise.

Well when you already have a starting goalie in Luongo, why wouldn't you try and trade for a young impact player?

You're telling me you wouldn't trade Schneider for a player that could become as good as Malkin? Not saying that Grigerenko will be, but what if he did? I don't think you can underestimate the impact a top 3 pick can have on a franchise.

Well it's more speculation on the media's part since they asked the question about him waiving his NTC.

No one in the media was even talking about the idea of trading Luongo until about a week ago. Why would management all of a sudden change their plans out of the blue. The plan has always been to trade Schneider, Gillis has talked about it countless times.

Yeah Im sure CS will feel so bad that he might consider quiting hockey because he cant live with the guilt of taking a job from his friend.. ?? like seriously? lol

Luongo sounded genuinely happy for CS and is willing to waive his NTC so his friend/teammate can take over for him.

All I heard MG talk about a hundred times, is that he's happy with the goaltending situation and is in no hurry to trade either one. I dont know where you get that from. I never heard MG say we plan on trading CS.. EVER, unless theres an interview i must have missed.

Archived