The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let's Face It, Kesler Is Better Suited To Be A 3Rd Line Center

Nucks-4-Life

I think the only thing they can do to improve there on ice chemistry is each has an electric shock coller and the other has the remote button. If they don't pass to the player in better position they get zapped.

They don't work on the same line they play too much the same game, and don't like to use there line mates.

Remember, in 09/10 Raymond equaled Kesler with 25 goals. Perhaps Raymond wouldn't have been so bad if Kesler played more like he did that season. Problem is, you guys have such short memories. Not only did Kesler and Raymond enjoy some success together that year but they actually had some really good chemistry...

There seems to be a lot of short memories around here...

A large chunk of Raymond's goals that season came when Daniel Sedin was injured, so he was playing on the top line with Henrik and Burrows. That was the only time in his career that he was scoring around a 30-goal pace.

After Daniel came back, and Raymond was put with Kesler again, he was back to being ice-cold.

if he comes out and does sweet **** all next year in the playofffs and comes out and says "I was playing Injured," I think it would be time for him to move on. I think hes a great player but if hes not durable enough to contribute in the play offs then MG should explore other options.

I disagree. Kesler is the perfect second line center. He had one off season and it's instant freak out and send him down a line. Kesler the two previous seasons put up over 70 pts. He won the Selke in the 10-11 season, played a huge role in getting the Canucks to the cup finals. He took the Canucks out of the semi finals vs the Predators last year.

Now the mention of Cody Hodgson, sure he's looking good to become a top 6 in the NHL. But in Vancouver. No. I'm sure he will fill in a great spot in buffalo as a top 6 forward. Im going to stick with Kesler producing another 65+ points when he gets on his game again. Kesler is one of the best two way forwards in the game, he uses his body well, and is capable of a great shutdown game, fast, and when he is on his game is capable of putting up 25+ goals while doing what kes does best. While cody is good at what he does and probably will get better, it's

hard to argue that Hodgson is a better second

line center.

This is ridiculous, on half the teams in the NHL, Kelser is a First line Center, on every other team he's an uncontested second line center...

He has literally one bad season after coming back from a serious... possibly career ending injury, and we just throw him under the bus? come on guys... Name one other team in the HISTORY of the NHL that had a 3rd line center with two 70+ point seasons, and a forty goal season at what 27???

THIS IS RIDICULOUS, AND WHY CANUCKS FANS GET A BAD WRAP AROUND THE LEAGUE.

Archived