The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Luongo Does Not Get Traded And Decides To Retire..is Hi Cap Hit Hit Off The Books.

briana

If Luongo does not accept to go to any of the trade partners and will probably refuse to come back to Vancouver, if he should decide to stay home and not play until a trade is in effect does his salary still count against the cap?

And what bhappens if he decides to retire instead..Is his salry off the books ..?

What the bleep kind of question is that? Nothing better to do than think of silly scenarios to the Luongo Drama. Didn't you know that in the next UFC paperview its Luongo Vs. Schnieder!!! Fight to the death.........

If Luongo does not accept to go to any of the trade partners and will probably refuse to come back to Vancouver, if he should decide to stay home and not play until a trade is in effect does his salary still count against the cap?

And what bhappens if he decides to retire instead..Is his salry off the books ..?

He could temporarally retire to cancel the old contract, and re-write a new one with Gillis that is more tradeable. It would be good for him, as he could be moved to the team of his choice, as the teams that would want him now,but are not willing to take him on because of the size and length of that contract, would start bidding for him.

Also it would be good for the Canucks as it would increase the trades we would get back for him.

If it was say four more years at 22 mill., then there would be many takers, and it would place less pressure on Luongo. It would give him a chance to shine again, and play light's out, to earn himself, a new contract after four years.

Good topic, I was going to start one myself about re-negotiating a new contract, as it would be a win-win situation, for all involved.

:frantic:

He could temporarally retire to cancel the old contract, and re-write a new one with Gillis that is more tradeable. It would be good for him, as he could be moved to the team of his choice, as the teams that would want him now,but are not willing to take him on because of the size and length of that contract, would start bidding for him.

Also it would be good for the Canucks as it would increase the trades we would get back for him.

If it was say four more years at 22 mill., then there would be many takers, and it would place less pressure on Luongo. It would give him a chance to shine again, and play light's out, to earn himself, a new contract after four years.

Good topic, I was going to start one myself about re-negotiating a new contract, as it would be a win-win situation, for all involved.

:frantic:

Archived