Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Nicklas Jensen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#1 gdcanucks02

gdcanucks02

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

I am really looking forward to seeing Nicklas Jensen in training camp. If his short stint with the wolves (4 goals in 6 reg season games, 2 goals in 5 playoff games), then i think we have a really good offensive player on our hands. i think he needs to beef up a bit to fight his height but if he can put on some weight we have a great powerforward waiting for his chance. yes he does need to prove himself and only a very impressive training camp will result him being with the Canucks to start but I think we should try and find a top 6 forward to play with the sedins (perry?) and bring up jensen to replace raymond in the top 6. Hopeful line up:

Sedin-Sedin-Perry
Jensen-Kesler-Booth
Hansen-Phalsson-Higgins
Kassian-Lapierre-Bitz
Weise
Malhotra

Edler Tanev
Bieksa Hamhuis
Ballard Connauton
Rome

Schneider
Lack

#2 gdcanucks02

gdcanucks02

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

Ok I totally forgot about burrows and thought Perry was a free agent (hence no trade proposal), so for the mean time Burrows in for Perry on the top line and maybe anaheim will want to replace Hiller so we could send lu to anaheim for perry and throw Burrows on the third and move Hansen down to the 4th and bitz/kassian in the press box.

We have too many awesome players!!!!!!

#3 WetPaint

WetPaint

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

| like the cut of your jib.

#4 LegionOfDoom

LegionOfDoom

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Lol...? Csb

#5 vancouvercanucks#1

vancouvercanucks#1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

You're really stupid.

i am so sick of don cherry. get him the hell off ...hes way past his expiry date. I'm trying to watch hockey I don't want some senile blowhard talking about respecting baby jesus's birthday and not taking the lord's name in vain.

#6 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,460 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

Next season Kassian will be more NHL ready than Jensen for that top 6 spot. Jensen needs time to develop, he's still a boy playing trying to play in a man's league.

#7 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

Honestly,I don't see the Vancouver organization pushing this kid too hard. Many times mistakes are made by rushing good, young prospects to the NHL (ie. Alexander Daigle). There is little doubt he is going to be a machine (quite possibly the steal of the draft) for the Canucks, but MG needs to make sure he's ready. I think they'll have a good look at him, but in the end they'll send him to Chicago for a season.

#8 6string

6string

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

about jensen, i'll caution you this organization are impatient at the nhl level to play youngsters, this club would have sent ryan nugent-hopkins back to juniors lol

#9 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

You're really stupid.

not even that smart
stan smyl 2.0

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 AM

It's not 7.5 per year, Kesler's at 5 million and Malhotra's at 2.5 million

#10 Louis

Louis

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

about jensen, i'll caution you this organization are impatient at the nhl level with youngsters, this club would have sent ryan nugent-hopkins back to juniors lol

Posted Image

#11 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

about jensen, i'll caution you this organization are impatient at the nhl level to play youngsters, this club would have sent ryan nugent-hopkins back to juniors lol

100% agree. If our prospects needs to shine at NHL level than it can only happen if they go to other team or fire AV. AV likes his favorite "guy" like rome but he won't give chance to ballard.

I think jensen will stay with wolves next season too.
Posted Image

#12 Jimmy.crack.corn

Jimmy.crack.corn

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

Yes. And it would have been the right decision to send RNH down.
woooo no sig!!!

#13 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

how can you compare the oilers needs to ours?
stan smyl 2.0

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 AM

It's not 7.5 per year, Kesler's at 5 million and Malhotra's at 2.5 million

#14 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

luongo for perry??? i really dont see that happening :bored:

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSFHL

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#15 Walking Paradox

Walking Paradox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

I could see the Canucks calling up Jensen if there was an injury to a top six guy. I'm really excited to see what this guy can do when he makes the NHL.

#16 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

Luongo for Perry -> :sadno:

Bringing up Jensen for next season -> :picard:

TRADING BURROWS - > :shock:

D Pairing? -> <_<

Edler Tanev
Bieksa Hamhuis
Ballard Connauton

Posted Image

#17 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

Landeskog would've stuck the whole year though. Depends on the player. Landeskog is a man, Hopkins is a boy. Hopkins injured half the season because he's not physically ready.

#18 6string

6string

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

how can you compare the oilers needs to ours?

a player of nugent hopkins calibre doesn't even fall into needs, he's special - he stays, moreover a scorer never gets moved ( general managing 101 )

#19 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

Jensen just suffered a concussion at the A level.

This kid is not developed physically.

#20 6string

6string

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Landeskog would've stuck the whole year though. Depends on the player. Landeskog is a man, Hopkins is a boy. Hopkins injured half the season because he's not physically ready.

good point on health issues for young guys, edmt. suffers with taylor hall too, but tyler seguin in boston, tyler myers in buffalo and skinner in carolina have succeeded with flying colours....

#21 6string

6string

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Yes. And it would have been the right decision to send RNH down.

so, rookie of the year candidates with a low hit on the cap are a better fit for junior ....gross misconduct!

#22 Jimmy.crack.corn

Jimmy.crack.corn

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

so, rookie of the year candidates with a low hit on the cap are a better fit for junior ....gross misconduct!

I understand what you're driving at, but do you think jeopardizing RNH's health for the rest of his career is worth it? He would've still gotten his full 3 years on an ELC if he was sent down as well so I don't see your point.

His shoulders are broken already...
woooo no sig!!!

#23 6string

6string

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

I understand what you're driving at, but do you think jeopardizing RNH's health for the rest of his career is worth it? He would've still gotten his full 3 years on an ELC if he was sent down as well so I don't see your point.

His shoulders are broken already...

we agree to dis-agree, edmonton has a promising lineup, only time will tell.

#24 Kassian's Tooth

Kassian's Tooth

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

People need to accept that Jensen can't play in the AHL next year. Here or Junior until his junior team is finished it's season.

#25 PONCHE

PONCHE

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

we agree to dis-agree, edmonton has a promising lineup, only time will tell.

I think everyone can agree that RNH is a good player and that edmonton in a few years could be a very serious threat for every team in the league. However, the point stilll remains that rushing prospects into a large role can be detrimental
Posted Image

#26 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,884 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

a player of nugent hopkins calibre doesn't even fall into needs, he's special - he stays, moreover a scorer never gets moved ( general managing 101 )

Ok armchair GM, which of Henrik or Kesler would he replace to play in the top 6? Your memory must be short if you don't remember the exact situation we had with Hodgson in the lineup, where he was forced to the 3rd line.

RNH wouldn't have been as capable pushed down the lineup. Perhaps he might have fit with Kesler moving to the wing and Booth on the other side, but with that line playing tougher minutes and more of a physical north south game I don't see how an undersized playmaker would have been as much help.

Jensen just suffered a concussion at the A level.

This kid is not developed physically.

That's the worst logic I've ever heard. By that logic, no one should want the 1st overall this year to draft Yakupov since he was injured in juniors - clearly not physically ready even for junior.

The hit on Jensen was an elbow to the head, similar to the Moore hit on Naslund. Jensen was on the boards rather than open ice, but he made the same mistake of reaching for the puck and a player hit him in a vulnerable position. Being more 'developed physically' wouldn't have saved him injury there, but if you still think so, we never should have played Naslund since he obviously couldn't stand up to the same type of hit. For that matter, Moore should never have played since he clearly wasn't physically ready for Bertuzzi to punch him from behind and then have multiple players dog pile on top of him.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#27 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

I am really looking forward to seeing Nicklas Jensen in training camp. If his short stint with the wolves (4 goals in 6 reg season games, 2 goals in 5 playoff games), then i think we have a really good offensive player on our hands. i think he needs to beef up a bit to fight his height but if he can put on some weight we have a great powerforward waiting for his chance. yes he does need to prove himself and only a very impressive training camp will result him being with the Canucks to start but I think we should try and find a top 6 forward to play with the sedins (perry?) and bring up jensen to replace raymond in the top 6. Hopeful line up:

Sedin-Sedin-Perry
Jensen-Kesler-Booth
Hansen-Phalsson-Higgins
Kassian-Lapierre-Bitz
Weise
Malhotra

Edler Tanev
Bieksa Hamhuis
Ballard Connauton
Rome

Schneider
Lack

where did burrows go??? :sadno:

#28 TwinTelepathy

TwinTelepathy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

Of course we would probrably send nugent hopkins back to juniors because we are already stacked as a championship calibre team. The Oilers on the other hand..........

#29 TheGreatCanucks

TheGreatCanucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

I seriously doubt Kassian will be playing on the fourth line, he might be moved to the third or second. I don't think Connauton is ready to play at the nhl level just yet, maybe another season in the AHL. Trading Burrows would be stupid. Hell has a better chance of getting snow then the Canucks picking up Corey Perry.

Edited by TheGreatCanucks, 06 May 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#30 Get_That_Puck_Deep

Get_That_Puck_Deep

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

Perry.... why didnt i think of that! :picard:

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.