Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Daniel Sedin At Langara Golf Course

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#31 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

well some of the ones that make more money are complete d-bags

Any some of the ones that make less money are complete d-bags. ;)

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#32 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

the sedins are actually members at Marine Drive Golf Club. I guess he just wanted to play a different course

Ah ok didn't know, makes sense if you like golf and have that kind of money. I've seen them both at UBC before too so yeah i think they like to get around and play other courses, Daniel was by himself today though no Henrik

Edited by Tm085, 07 May 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#33 Ajax19

Ajax19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,969 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Posted Image

You kidding? I am Queens Boulevard.

#34 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

lol we didn't take any pics but my friend left his Canuck ball marker on the green to see if Daniel would notice, he didn't :bigblush:

#35 canucks_rock12

canucks_rock12

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

I was at Langara today. I wish I saw him...but I wouldn't have bothered him either.

#36 tan

tan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

pic next time

tumblr_m0nxk38n5q1qdlh1io1_400.gif

#37 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,561 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Pics or it didn't happen

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#38 nucklebucker

nucklebucker

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Really, he's still in Vancouver? Doesn't he spend the off-season in Sweden? Wouldn't he be there now?
Maybe he has a kid in school? Or maybe someone's telling stories.

#39 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

Is his daughter school age? Maybe he's waiting for her to finish the school year before heading home to Sweden.

Yeah, his oldest is 6, so she should be in school until June.

#40 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

remember, they could be playing in TO for 7-8 million per year. that is 5-10 million over the 5 years, considerable coin.

I also second (third? fourth? etc) the motion to leave these guys alone. They are here to play hockey, that's it. Sure, they are stars, and get attention, but a "classy" fan - ie. one with brains - doesn't bother them.

I mean, really, who gives a flying two-pence cow dung hut if DS is playing golf, or you meet HS in a grocery store. Holy Frack, don't you have any sort of life?

#41 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

How was his drive?
Posted Image

#42 Glove

Glove

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

My friend saw Henrik in a grocery store while he was shopping and got a picture with him and posted it on Facebook, Henrik didn't look too thrilled to be getting his picture taken lol.

That's not surprising. I can only imagine how annoying it would be getting harassed by random people every single time I was in public.

#43 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

wow didn't read one cool story bro, good job cdc

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#44 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

Your 'right'? Perhaps I' missed something but I don't recall reading that ^^^ in the Canucks contract he signed. You're the sort of elitist and rude season ticket holder that give others a bad name. Your 'right'....... :rolleyes:

On one side public relations are part of the contact, however I guess on the other side season's over and contracts don't apply for now. I for one don't see the problem going up and giving the guy a handshake and such. But I feel you on the part that it's rude to think you can because " he owes you"
Posted Image

#45 HorseGem2007

HorseGem2007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

Who else was part of the foursome ? Or was he playing on his own ?
Any other Canucks players with him ?
And you sure it was Daniel and not Henrik ::D
" OnceUgotItUpKeepItUp "

Burr Kes Higgy
#14 #17 #20

YOU CAN PLAY ... Gay athletes. Straight allies. Teaming up for respect: http://youcanplayproject.org/

#46 yes we can nucks

yes we can nucks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

Good on you for not saying anything....I think a lot of the time "Professional Athletes" (A.K.A. normal people) just want to live a normal life.

I think it would've been fine to say something like 'too bad about the playoffs but have a good rest, and go get the cup next year'. As others have said, millionaire athletes don't have a 'normal life' and I think they accept that.
BTW, lol at your name... am I the first to pick up on your fetish? :lol:

#47 taiwanchik

taiwanchik

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

Pics or it didn't happen

Don't believe if you don't want to. Some people do respect the privacy of others by not invading other people spaces.

#48 taiwanchik

taiwanchik

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Really, he's still in Vancouver? Doesn't he spend the off-season in Sweden? Wouldn't he be there now?
Maybe he has a kid in school? Or maybe someone's telling stories.

The Sedin families travel to Sweden when hockey season is over. That means they return to Örnsköldsvik in late June and travel back to Vancouver in August.

#49 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,306 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

LIAR

Edited by Snake Doctor, 08 May 2012 - 01:32 PM.

Posted Image

#50 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

How was his drive?

THis is what i'm more interested in, both the Sedin's are probably insane at golfing as well.

#51 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

Langara? Couldn't get in at Marine Drive or Shaughnessy?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#52 xDarklandsx

xDarklandsx

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hell no. He is getting 5 million a season and has chosen to be in the spotlight, definitely don't bother him with his family but when it's just him, I'm getting a photo together! That's my right for paying $1000's of dollars a season on Canucks tickets and gear!

To the people who say 'pics or it didn't happen'... or the goofball above that I quoted….just because there are no pics does not prove nor disprove the claim that someone actually saw someone famous.
Secondly, the fact that the OP didn't take a pic, if he had the means, shows respect towards someone in their private life. Whether one spends "$1000's of dollars" a season or spends nothing that does not give them the “right” to invade peoples privacy. That was not part of the purchase agreement for your hat, shirt or flag - check the receipt.I have seen a few of the Canucks by where I live, usually with their families, and each time all I do is the standard double-take and then keep walking – out of respect of their private life; and their time with the wife and kid(s) as in the case of Bieksa and family.
I think at best a nod or “good game” comment should suffice. As soon as someone approaches them, stops them asking for a pic or signature when with family that goes across the line of your “rights” as a fan. If they were available for an event such as a signing at Best Buy/FS or at the airport on the way to/from a game, then that is work and deemed acceptable.
Even my wife was sitting beside Trevor Linden and wife on the way to Palm Springs she respected their space and left them alone.

Oh, and back to the "pics or it didn't happen" comment...let's hope someone doesn't say the same to you after claiming a girl actually kissed you, because you know they're not going to believe you without the proof. :)

Edited by xDarklandx, 08 May 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#53 d.joh91

d.joh91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

well some of the ones that make more money are complete d-bags

Well you can't count the Sedin twins as "complete d-bags". They donated 1.5mil to BC Children's Hospital after all! ::D
Golfing and salary talk aside, I figured Daniel would've gone back to Sweden for the summer at this point in time, But I must've been mistaken..

Posted Image

#19 Markus Näslund

Forever a Canuck

#54 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

remember, they could be playing in TO for 7-8 million per year. that is 5-10 million over the 5 years, considerable coin.

I also second (third? fourth? etc) the motion to leave these guys alone. They are here to play hockey, that's it. Sure, they are stars, and get attention, but a "classy" fan - ie. one with brains - doesn't bother them.

I mean, really, who gives a flying two-pence cow dung hut if DS is playing golf, or you meet HS in a grocery store. Holy Frack, don't you have any sort of life?

lots of people would i'm sure, just cause you lead a miserable life and wouldn't care doesn't mean everyone else is as miserable as you

#55 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

I'd be surprised if he did spend big $$ to join one of the hoity-toity joints. Don't the Sedins usually go home to Sweden for the summer? Besides, you can play lots of courses without being a snob this way.

If his kids are in school they probably wait until end of June.

Good to not disturb him, he probably just wants to enjoy his summer like everyone else now.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#56 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

I always thought that millions of dollars would not match up with a "normal" lifestyle.

Yeah playing hockey everyday of your life and getting 4 months between work seasons is "normal" and making 6.5 mill in 8 months is normal aswell

sScxLxA.jpg

#57 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Yeah playing hockey everyday of your life and getting 4 months between work seasons is "normal" and making 6.5 mill in 8 months is normal aswell

if you really think about it he makes 6.5 million in roughly 82 hours LOL, not bad, around $79,000/hr

#58 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

So what is normal?
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.