The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sign Mikeal Samuelsson?

haha imagine that? the Booth trade would just look even better for us lol

I liked him when he was here but atm i think we need a more skilled and overall better player than him in the top 6. He would be a decent addition on the 3rd line but with players like Higgins, Hansen, Kassian?, Raymond (if he stays), etc. he would not be necessarily for that line.

0 points in 5 games means he's on pace for 0 points....

The guy was brought in to score goals. If he was getting chances I'd give him a break, but he wasn't even close to scoring.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Honestly Samuelsson is just garbage ... pure garbage. He's old, he doesn't play defence, he's selfish, and he's slower than molasses.

He also destorys the power play and gives up odd man opportunities like they're going out of style. This guy could care less whether the team wins or not as long as he scores.

I will cheer for the Leafs if he comes back.

And besides, it's the same old problem. He's not good enough to play on the top 2 lines and he refuses to try on the third. I.e., not a team player.

Well maybe Kesler expected the odd return pass from Booth. The man has superglue on the end of his stick. Many of the the times Booth does pass, his passes take no account of which direction the recipient is going or his speed. Not worth $4.2M for me.

As I said at the time, we could have waited for Sammy's form to return (we did it for 3/4 of the team why not him?) shunted Sturm down to Chicago and made a decision on both of them now. Instead we got $4.2 x3 of puck hog and a guy who we paid money for only to put in Chicago anyway.

I really don't see the up side of any of it...........unless Booth starts scoring for fun next year.

I will support him as long as he is playing for us but personally he is not my idea of what we needed

Well maybe Kesler expected the odd return pass from Booth. The man has superglue on the end of his stick. Many of the the times Booth does pass, his passes take no account of which direction the recipient is going or his speed. Not worth $4.2M for me.

Not just NNNNOOOOOO but HHHHEEEE??????? NO!!!!! We had that horse it did not work and he is gone for a reason. We are better off without him. I never thought I would say that about any Detroit player but it is so. We tried the koolaide and well.........

NUFF SAID

We already have several of this type of player! why would we want another one, especialy when everyone on here has been saying that we want ot see some younger guys in the line up?

This team is aging, we need to get some young guys in the line up getting another older guy is not what this team needs. I wish every one would just forget about UFA's and see that we have lots of young talent just itching for a chance to prove thier worth, so MG give them a shot, things can't be much worse than they are right now, I mean we still don't have a cup do we?

It's funny how people always point the blame at Keslers wingers when every winger seems to struggle when paired up with Kesler. How many more wingers do we have to try out with Kesler before we realize Kesler is the problem? Centers are responsible for distributing the puck, the greatest centers of all time were all playmakers. Kesler plays like a winger which screws everyone on his line. Tunnel vision, if Kesler doesn't carry the line himself, the line sucks. That's because he doesn't know how to use anyone else. Great players make everyone else better, Kesler makes people worse. When are we going to realize Kesler isn't as great as he's hyped up to be?

With MG on record stating that he wants the team to be younger, signing Samuelsson seems like a long shot (though there were rumors that MG was trying to get him back at the trade deadline).

I think the only way he'd be in the Canucks camp in the Fall would be on a PTO, and that is highly unlikely given that he'll probably draw interest as an UFA.

One ex-Canuck UFA that I'd like to see in camp in the Fall is Taylor Pyatt...he hasn't looked out of place in the first two rounds for the Coyotes and he's a serviceable big-bodied forward (albeit, he plays like a gentle giant most of the time). This move would also contradict the plan for the team being younger.

"OMG the booth hating will never end. What did the guy do, other than have a mediocre season with us, to deserve the hate ( Bear Killing?) I think given a year in the system booth will do better for the team, and hopefully Kesler can fully recover from his injuries to be able to help us out."

I'm not hating him, and I have never mentioned his hunting, when talking about his play. In fact when the latest video was posted I complained to the mod to have it locked and put on the original thread as I didn't want the "hunting thing" to end up stigmatising him.

My "beef" with Booth is that I want to see him play the early set-up pass more often (that shouldn't be difficult as he hardly ever does) I would also like to see him drop pass, or lay off occasionally as he goes to the net and just pass more in general.

For me he is easily figured out because he mostly does the same thing of crashing up the boards and trying to cut in. However he just ends up being outnumbered and 9 times out of 10 loses the puck.

Two things follow this. Firstly our forwards move up to get a pass and then have to hare back (usually Raymond) and we can tend to get caught on the break more often than not because of the offensive style of our defenders.

None of this is unfixable, but he has to want to do it. He has all the strength needed to be a great player for us but only if he varies his game a lot more.

No it doesn't imo. For a start Kesler has played well with his wingers up until this season when he was injured and struggled to get back to form before being injured again.

Raymond played well with Kes........check the videos. So did Sammy.

Anyway we will see come next season when Kes may have to get back to full fitness after his op and it may mean someone else gets his place for a few, pre-season games at least.

Archived