The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank You Luongo

FattieAcid

...and that is exactly why we should keep our best goalie.

I'm a long-time Luongo fan, but he's no longer the best Vancouver Canuck goalie. And he's only going to decline, while Shneids gets better.

But props to the OP - Lu was the man for our franchise for many years. Hope he is successful wherever he ends up.

Best goaltender in franchise history, nothing but respect for one of my all time favorite athletes. If it is indeed the end of the Luongo era, I wish him nothing but the best and hope his dream of winning a Stanley Cup comes true, thankyou Roberto for turning this franchise into a contender and giving us the best seasons in Canucks history. LUUUUUUU!!!!!

I'm definitely a fan of Lu, but to say he's the "best thing to ever happen to this team...even more so then 16" is giving the guy too much credit. Linden's days as a Canuck trump Luongo's days. I'll admit it would favor Lu had he brought home the cup last year, but without that accomplishment in the uniform Lu doesn't stand a chance to #16 in that regard. Bure, McLean, Smyl, Naslund, and Kurtenbach are in the ranks of #16. Last year Lu had his chance and with any luck, Schneider will have his soon.

Nice video of the greatest Goalie in our Franchises history-bar None. I've been watching for 40 of the 41 years and no one has raised our team to the "elite" level before. I love the Captain, the King and Suitcase Gary but none of them touch Luuuu.

Luongo is statistically the best goalie this team has ever had, he helped Canada win gold and he took this team to game 7 of the finals. Something only one other goalie has done here. If you say he "sucks" then you're just a butthurt idiot and have hate for him for some other reason

I'm definitely a fan of Lu, but to say he's the "best thing to ever happen to this team...even more so then 16" is giving the guy too much credit. Linden's days as a Canuck trump Luongo's days. I'll admit it would favor Lu had he brought home the cup last year, but without that accomplishment in the uniform Lu doesn't stand a chance to #16 in that regard. Bure, McLean, Smyl, Naslund, and Kurtenbach are in the ranks of #16. Last year Lu had his chance and with any luck, Schneider will have his soon.

People are so dumb about goalies in Vancouver, part of me thinks it's the newbie fans.

Do you guys remember who our goalies were after Kirk and Pre-Luongo

Cloutier? Auld? Old Potvin? Kevin Weeks? Skudra?

this team is blessed to have a goalie who has been a multiple Vezina nominee who brought stability to the position. I remember exploding with happiness when we got Luongo and the picture of him on the main page came up. Everyone on this board was very happy too.

Yes, I have criticized him when he has not performed up to standard but let's be honest. The first round loss wasn't about him, it was about the lack of production from the forwards. Even the cup final loss last year wasn't completely on him. The team played brutal in front of him (our banged up D had a large role to play there) and he stole a few games in that series. Again, the scoring wasn't up to par.

Unless the secondary scoring issue with the second/third line gets sorted, this team cannot win the Cup. The Sedins are not gonna carry this team in the playoffs.

Thank you Luongo.

Was an unbelievable goalie and I just can't believe how crappy our fans are for booing him and for trashing him for the littlest mistakes hes done so much for us turned us into an elite team and now we trash him for some guy who has never played a full season who plays 25 games a season. I would rather have Luongo over Schneider.

Archived