The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why I think people hate on Luongo.

Not A Fruit

No, the consistent argument is Luongo let's in "one goal" and it deflates the team. Which is idiotic, even when teams are down by 2 or 3 near the end of a game they're still trying to score a goal, i remember a game against Minnesota here a little while ago we were up 2-1 and Minnesota pulled the goalie. Edler gets an empty netter and we go up 3-1, game over right? Wrong. Minnesota scored twice in the final minute and tied it up 3-3. Lucky for them they don;t give up when going down 1 or 2 goals like the Canucks do apparently :rolleyes:

or here is the BEST example, Flyers/Bruins 2010.

Not only did they come back from 3-0 to force a game 7 they also came back from 3-0 IN game 7 to win the series and the game 4-3. Canucks should have taken notes, we were down 3-0 in game 7.

or here is the BEST example, Flyers/Bruins 2010.

Not only did they come back from 3-0 to force a game 7 they also came back from 3-0 IN game 7 to win the series and the game 4-3. Canucks should have taken notes, we were down 3-0 in game 7.

1 goal can be very deflating when you are totally outplaying a team and their goalie is standing on his head, and yours lets the 1st mediocre shot in. Is not only about your team losing momentum,it also gives the other team a major boost.

No, the consistent argument is Luongo let's in "one goal" and it deflates the team. Which is idiotic, even when teams are down by 2 or 3 near the end of a game they're still trying to score a goal, i remember a game against Minnesota here a little while ago we were up 2-1 and Minnesota pulled the goalie. Edler gets an empty netter and we go up 3-1, game over right? Wrong. Minnesota scored twice in the final minute and tied it up 3-3. Lucky for them they don;t give up when going down 1 or 2 goals like the Canucks do apparently :rolleyes:

1 goal can be very deflating when you are totally outplaying a team and their goalie is standing on his head, and yours lets the 1st mediocre shot in. Is not only about your team losing momentum,it also gives the other team a major boost.

Now I pose a new question.

After the first goal did the team lose confidence in their goalie or their ability to come back and score goals.

Personally I turned the game off after the first goal of game 7. Seriously I didn't watch the rest of the game, went to my neighbours and sat outside by fire drinking beer. Deep down I knew they were done, after 1 goal.

I'm sure many fans out there thought the same thing. After 1 goal we were done. This shows a big lack of confidence in our ability to score goals.

Now I pose a new question.

After the first goal did the team lose confidence in their goalie or their ability to come back and score goals.

Personally I turned the game off after the first goal of game 7. Seriously I didn't watch the rest of the game, went to my neighbours and sat outside by fire drinking beer. Deep down I knew they were done, after 1 goal.

I'm sure many fans out there thought the same thing. After 1 goal we were done. This shows a big lack of confidence in our ability to score goals.

Both. Two of the three games in Boston Luongo played well enough for the entire first period and ten minutes and the offense still mustered a big fat zero. Despite his collapse, he still bought them enough time to at least get something going and they failed to do anything. Scoring was going to bring this team down regardless of who was in net.

Im sorry bud but how can we honestly critique the teams state of mind.

All I know is how I felt in a similar situation,

like i said before your legs go from weightless to rubber.

your goalie needs do bail the team for a few shifts out after a weak goal, a bad penalty, a lucky bounce, a big hit.

Until you get your legs back from a big save, a big hit or a lucky bounce.

These guys are playing at such a unbelievably high level, and mental edge will turn the tide.

It doesn't help that the Bruins could beat the crap out of anyone they wanted with no consequence.

I cant even begin to imagine how extreme those ups and downs must have been.

All I can say is Luongo did not step up in game 7 or Boston.

He completely unraveled and the team followed.

Im sorry bud but how can we honestly critique the teams state of mind.

All I know is how I felt in a similar situation,

like i said before your legs go from weightless to rubber.

your goalie needs do bail the team for a few shifts out after a weak goal, a bad penalty, a lucky bounce, a big hit.

Until you get your legs back from a big save, a big hit or a lucky bounce.

These guys are playing at such a unbelievably high level, and mental edge will turn the tide.

It doesn't help that the Bruins could beat the crap out of anyone they wanted with no consequence.

I cant even begin to imagine how extreme those ups and downs must have been.

All I can say is Luongo did not step up in game 7 or Boston.

He completely unraveled and the team followed.

I think we are finally putting our biases aside and having a real conversation now.

Is it safe to say that Luongo did not play very well in games 3,4,6 &7. But the team didn't play very well in games 1,2,3,4,5,6 & 7.

For all those that put the loss of Luo you are forgetting that the rest of the team chocked as well.

Its not Luo's fault, but you guys wont stop blaming everyone else on the team.

It's everyone else's fault except Luongo's

Luongo did all he could to win the stanley cup but everyone else failed.

doesn't that sound crazy?

Archived