The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

^your going to have quite the decision to make. I think nail last year was a hands down number one guy, but this year by my look its a three way race and the 4th pick guy i have in mind would in any other draft year go 2nd. Glad its deep though, I think I can get a guy I had my eye on.

^your going to have quite the decision to make. I think nail last year was a hands down number one guy, but this year by my look its a three way race and the 4th pick guy i have in mind would in any other draft year go 2nd. Glad its deep though, I think I can get a guy I had my eye on.

That's the best part of it this year though. Teams can look at what they need. If they need a defenceman, Seth Jones. If they're in desperate need of a center, Nathan McKinnon. Strong up the middle and on D already? Bolster your wing and take Drouin.

Congrats to Calgary on winning the lottery! Like TM said though can't go wrong with anyone in the top-4

Round One Predictions:

Chicago over Minny in 5

Anaheim over Detroit in 6

Vancouver over San Jose in 5

St.Louis over LA in 6

Pittsburgh over NYI in 5

Ottawa over Montreal in 6 (this will be the best series to watch imo)

NYR over Washington in 7

Boston over Toronto in 7

With the season over for the Tampa Bay Lighting, we will now be focused on off-season movement and will listen to offers with other teams. Our offseason will begin with negotiations with our pending free agents, both unrestrictive and restrictive. We have evaluated a number of our players and have began negotiations with a number of them.We will also be scouting talent of playoff teams, pending free agents, and of young draft-eligible players.

Sample Best of 7 Format Playoffs Quarterfinal Matchups

Western Conference

08. small.pngMinnesota vs Los Angeles small.png .01

game 1 Apr 30th

game 2 May 1st, 2nd, 3rd

game 3 May 4th, 5th

game 4 May 6th, 7th

*game 5 May 8th, 9th

*game 6 May 10th, 11th

*game 7 May 12th, 13th

07. small.pngSan Jose vs Winnipeg small.png .02

game 1 Apr 30th

game 2 May 1st, 2nd

game 3 May 3rd, 4th

game 4 May 5th, 6th

*game 5 May 7th, 8th

*game 6 May 9th, 10th

*game 7 May 11th, 12th 13th

06. small.pngEdmonton vs Chicago small.png .03

game 1 Apr 30th, May 1st

game 2 May 2nd, 3rd

game 3 May 4th, 5th

game 4 May 6th, 7th

*game 5 May 8th, 9th

*game 6 May 10th, 11th

*game 7 May 12th, 13th

05. small.pngDallas vs Vancouver small.png.04

game 1 Apr 30th

game 2 May 1st, 2nd

game 3 May 3rd, 4th

game 4 May 5th, 6th

*game 5 May 7th, 8th

*game 6 May 9th, 10th

*game 7 May 11th, 12th 13th

Eastern Conference

08. 2ef5pn7.jpg Quebec vs Florida small.png .01

W 25 game 1 Apr 30th, May 1st 21 L

L 10 game 2 May 2nd, 3rd 62 W

L 19 game 3 May 4th, 5th 63 W

L 19 game 4 May 6th, 7th 71 W

L 2 game 5 May 8th, 9th 74 W

small.png Wins 4 games to 1

07. small.png Ottawa vs NY Islanders small.png .02

game 1 Apr 30, May 1st, 2nd

game 2 May 3rd

game 3 May 4th, 5th

game 4 May 6th, 7th

*game 5 May 8th, 9th

*game 6 May 10th, 11th

*game 7 May 12th, 13th

06. small.pngBoston vs Buffalo small.png .03

game 1 Apr 30, May 1st, 2nd

game 2 May 3rd, 4th

game 3 May 5th, 6th

game 4 May 7th, 8th

*game 5 May 9th, 10th

*game 6 May 11th, 12th

*game 7 May 13th

small.pngPittsburgh vs New Jersey small.png .04

game 1 Apr 30, May 1st

game 2 May 2nd, 3rd, 4th

game 3 May 5th, 6th

game 4 May 7th, 8th

*game 5 May 9th, 10th

*game 6 May 11th, 12th

*game 7 May 13th

Blues News

Prospect Goalie Mathias Niederberger and his Barrie Colts won the Bobby Orr Trophy of the OHL Eastern Conference in 7 Gamesagainst the Belleville Bulls with Top Prospect Malcolm Subban.

Mathias had 36 Saves on 37 Shots in Games 7 while Subban let in 3 at 28 Shots.

Colts Win Bobby Trophy in Game 7 Victory

2013%20Rogers%20Eastern%20Conference%20Champions5648.jpg Terry Wilson/OHL Images

Ryan O'Connor and Aaron Ekblad powered the Colts, with a goal and an assist each, to a 3-1 game seven win over the Bulls capturing the Bobby Orr Trophy as Eastern Conference Champions.

Now Barrie will face the London Knights with Western Conference Top Goalie Anthony Stolarz in the OHL Finals.

Good Luck Mathias .....

Nice Story about Cody Bass ...

http://www.masslive.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/04/the_legend_of_cody_bass_contin.html

SPRINGFIELD – Long before Cody Bass played hockey hero for the Springfield Falcons in their weekend Calder Cup playoff victories over Manchester, he had a special place in the hearts of his teammates.

Some of them know what he did in the 2011-12 season, when he went all out to come back from a shoulder injury, simply because he wanted to help his team.

Then-coach Rob Riley, noting Bass’ determination to play, called him “our ultimate warrior.”

That merely was prelude to what happened Oct. 28 when the Falcons held on to beat Portland 3-2 at the MassMutual Center.

With its goaltender pulled, Portland mounted an all-out assault, trying to tie the game in the last minute. One of the visiting players fired the puck into the Springfield end. Bass wasn’t about to have his team lose possession with the clock ticking down. He raced headlong into the corner, determined to claim that puck, while knowing full well he would be taking a hard hit from a defenseman right behind him, giving chase.

Bass did get clobbered – but Portland did not get the puck, and lost the game. For his all-out effort, Bass received an injury that put him on the disabled list for most of the season.

Coach Brad Larsen, well aware of the personal sacrifice Bass made for the team, called his race for the puck “a suicide mission.”

All of the above might serve to explain why his teammates mobbed Bass after his goal with 1:16 left in overtime gave the Falcons a 3-2 victory Sunday and a 2-0 lead in their best-of-5 Eastern Conference quarterfinal with Manchester.

They weren’t just celebrating victory. They also were showing Bass exactly how they feel about him as their “ultimate warrior” and blue-collar teammate.

Oh, by the way, he also won Game 1 with an overtime goal. Do we see a playoff pattern forming for these second-seeded Falcons?

Here’s a guy who played only 10 games for them in their Northeast Division-winning regular season, but he was always there, working to overcome his injuries and serving as a leader in the locker room even when he couldn’t be in the lineup.

Bass, a 26-year-old native of Owen Sound, Ontario, is in his sixth pro season. He has spent the bulk of that in the American Hockey League, including a 2010-11 campaign in which he helped the underdog Binghamton Senators win the Calder Cup.

In his championship season with Binghamton, he received the AHL’s Yannick Dupre Award, which recognizes players for community service.

As Bass reflected on his Sunday game-winner, he was quick to deflect credit to teammates Cody Goloubef and Ryan Russell, who had assists on the play.

“When we were lining up for the faceoff, Cody said, ‘Go to the net.’ Then Vogs (Trent Vogelhuber) did a great job of winning the draw, and the puck came to me (from Goloubef and Russell) in just about the same spot I was for the goal in the first game,” Bass said.

Reminded Manchester had been carrying the attack for most of the overtime period, Bass said, “You know what? That’s hockey – the momentum of a game can change in a hurry. When they were pressing, guys on the bench were saying, ‘We bend, but we don’t break.’”

Archived