The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada-Israel 'solidarity' includes defence partnership

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

True...but your last statement is kind of harsh is it not?

So...let us expand on it...so Hitler has his way, exterminates all the Jews...then what? Takes out all the Arab nations as well?

Problem of this confrontation is solved by Hitler?

911 would never have happened.

It matters if our white European cousins are being brutalized and killed by a genocidal megalomaniac, but what the Imperial Japanese did to its neighbouring countries didn't matter...at least until they bombed Pearl Harbor.

I suppose Canada really didn't have a choice, since it was still a British Colony and had to go to war when they did prior to the Constitution of 1983 anyways.

America doesn't commit its full strength to a single cause, if they had, the entire middle east would've been full of strip malls by now. Middle east wars aren't to win but to last and cash in on. Come on man!

I'm just saying that Hitler planned to fight the USA long before USA joined into the war. Who knows, maybe after defeating Europe he would have made peace, spent another few years building up arms without relying on American steel, and then POW, right in the kisser.

I'm no WW2 expert, so take my comment re: Germans beating the living crap out of Americans with a grain of salt. :lol:

Both the nazis and the USSR would have gotten nukes shortly:

http://en.wikipedia...._energy_project

Nuclear fission was not a secret at that point. Japan was also in the race. It was only a matter of time. Given that countries were willing to commit attrocities including burning Dresden, put millions in gas chambers, slaughter tens of millions throughout Asia, etc.. etc.. etc..

There is no doubt in my mind, whoever got the nuke first would have used it.

Then they could have dropped a nuke on Berlin and gotten it over with. (Not that I want to see that happen.)

Somehow, I don't think nuking hundreds of thousands of white Germans to their deaths would have sat as well with the conscience of Europeans and North Americans as nuking the Japanese did.

It matters if our white European cousins are being brutalized and killed by a genocidal megalomaniac, but what the Imperial Japanese did to its neighbouring countries didn't matter...at least until they bombed Pearl Harbor.

I suppose Canada really didn't have a choice, since it was still a British Colony and had to go to war when they did prior to the Constitution of 1983 anyways.

He didn't exterminate just the Jews. He also killed all the Romas, people of colour, communisists, homosexuals, etc...

There just happened to be more Jews than other minority groups in that part of Europe at the time.

And therein lies the entire crux of the matter... right there....... in the underlined portion of the quoted content. Exactly WHAT else do you want Israel to do when dealing with that sort of mind set and the actions??? (Bolded) You cannot negotiate with someone who has absolutely NO intention of negotiating. You cannot reason with someone who has no sense of reason to begin with.

Does it matter? The point is, most of his victims were white anyways, unlike the Chinese, Koreans and whatever other Asians were brutally oppressed, tortured and killed by the Imperial Japanese forces. North Americans didn't consider their plight to be worth going to war over.

Since you brought up the Hitler comparison in the first place, tell us how would global security, and by extension, ours be threatened if we let Israel's neighbours beat up on it?

Going back to my earlier question, what's in this alliance for us? What do we get out of it?

What's your point? All that demonstrates is that Jews are allowed to speak their mind freely, even when it means taking a very unpopular opinion.

Arabs and Muslims for Israel:

This woman probably gives the most powerful speeches after her own experience in Israel and Lebanon during the Lebanese civil war (she's also hot):

Archived