The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada-Israel 'solidarity' includes defence partnership

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went into bibliography, clicked on the links, read the relevant paragraphs then copied and pasted. Do you have anything more to contribute or are you just going to cry in your little tinfoil hat, closet anti-Semite corner over there?

*military

http://en.wikipedia....Munich_massacre was the Munich Massacre considered a military target? I know it isn't considered that way under the Geneva Conventions to which you hold so dear!

The Palestinians rejected UN Partition Plan 181. The State of Israel immediately agreed to it as well as a series of other partition plans. Every single partition plan was accepted by the Jews, every single partition plan was rejected by the Arabs.

Not true. The military situation with the Phillistines remained at a stalemate. Israel's 12 tribes divided into two different countries after King Solomon died. His son, Reheboam installed several of his own advisers who told him to raise taxes after the completion of the Temple. Jereboam persuaded the 10 Northern Tribes to separate from the Kingdom of Judah and form the Kingdom of Israel.

Not long after, the Assyrians attacked the Kingdom of Israel and enslaved the Jewish people. They took all the religious scholars, prophets and intellectuals to Assyria and left all the foolish Jews behind. The Kingdom of Judah fell years later to the Assyrians. The Assyrians destroyed the entire first Jewish temple. The Assyrian empire soon fell to disease and was replaced by the Babylonian empire.

The Babylonian King, Cyrus The Great, allowed the Jews to return to the Land of Israel and rebuild the Temple. Years later, the Roman Empire destroyed the 2nd Temple and left one, outer wall remaining. Each year on Tisha B'av, the Roman soldiers forced Jews to march to the remaining outer wall of the 2nd Temple and weep. Jewish sects that were not exiled before Tisha B'av commemorate once a year and hold a fast.

Please Note that your source, Jean Shaoul, is notorious for fabricating falsehoods. I've already debunked a few of her facts that you've presented by citing specific Jewish traditions which I've observed in the past.

Here's a quote from one of her articles:

Sounds like somebody is a little "out to lunch". Especially for a French woman with what appears to be an Algerian-British background. So far I've used neutral sources and taken the facts rather than inserting rhetoric in there. Ms. Shaoul is completely unreliable so I won't be addressing points that you make using her as a source. Totally out of touch with the situation of the ground in the Middle East.

A quick question for Scorpio and the boys, how do you explain this poll:

http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/358.htm

Israel asked it's arab citizens if they would prefer to live in an arab state as a result of land transfer with the Palestinian authority. IE: They would not be forced off their land, but the land politically transferred to arab sovereignty.

An overwhelming 83% of Arab Isrealis said they would choose to stay in Israel, and only 11% stated they would choose to be under Arab political control.

http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/358.htm

Israel asked it's arab citizens if they would prefer to live in an arab state as a result of land transfer with the Palestinian authority. IE: They would not be forced off their land, but the land politically transferred to arab sovereignty.

An overwhelming 83% of Arab Isrealis said they would choose to stay in Israel, and only 11% stated they would choose to be under Arab political control.

http://www.memri.org...0/0/0/0/358.htm

http://www.memri.org...0/0/0/0/358.htm

here is some information on the website you pulled this information from

Middle East Media Research Institute

Last updated 10 days ago

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from MEMRI)

Jump to: navigation, search

Ambox_content.png

This article has multiple issues. Please help

improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.

• Its introduction may need to be rewritten to comply with Wikipedia's lead section guidelines. Tagged since February 2011.

• It has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. Tagged since February 2011.

Middle East Media Research Institute Memrilogo.jpg Founder(s) Yigal Carmon Type 501©(3) non-profit Founded 1998 Location Washington, D.C. Key people Yigal Carmon (President) Product(s) Translation and original analysis services. Focus Arabic and Persian media. Method Media monitoring Motto Bridging the language gap between the Middle East and the West Website www.memri.org

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) is a Middle Eastern not for profit[1] press monitoring organization with headquarters located in Washington, DC. MEMRI was co-founded in 1998 by Yigal Carmon, a former colonel in the Israeli military intelligence and Meyrav Wurmser, an Israeli-born, American political scientist. MEMRI states that its goal is to bridge the language gap between the Middle East and the West.[1] It publishes and distributes free English language translations of material published in Hebrew, Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Pashto, Turkish, Chinese, Dari and Polish, publishes analyses and reports on its website and offers specialized content for a fee

this is from wiki-pedia

and what does this have to do with the information i have been presenting ?

and what does this have to do with the information i have been presenting ?

I hope you didn't hurt yourself with that one. For a Christian, you sure don't like being the bigger person. :lol:

People like their neighbors? Don't want to uproot the family? Prefer to live in a country supported by the US instead of bombed by the US? 2000 was a different time from 2012? Ignorance? Complacency?

What is it you think this poll states in relevancy to the topic? That Israel is good to Arabs so they don't want to leave? Because that's really not it.

I agree that Memri is biased. However, they weren't the ones who conducted the poll. You guys are alleging there's widespread racism in Irsaeli society on par with nazi Germany. However, when you actually ask Israeli Arabs what they want the answer seems to be:

Things aren't perfect here, but we're way better off in Israel than we would be in an Arab state.

Here's a wider poll, 68.3% of Arab Israelis saying they would prefer to live in Israel over any other country in the world:

http://www.ynetnews....4239288,00.html

Are you for real? I called you a hack, but goddammit I never thought you are stupid like the others. Nobody has alleged anything remotely along those lines. My post that Morris took exception to even said "if anyone has hints of it (Nazi Germany), it is Israel", that's a far cry from "Israel is as racist as Nazi Germany", don't you think? Enough of this bull man, we can argue without you pissing in our ears every other post.

My bad, I misread when I said "bombed by US" as relevant to Muslim nations, not Palestine itself.

The U.S did care about Asia/China prior to ww2,in fact after Japan invaded China the states imposed trade sanctions(air craft manufacturing equipment,then oil) on Japan.When told the sanctions would stay in place till Japan left China the Japanese had 2 choices

1. Back down and leave China.

Unthinkable to the Japanese pride and codes of Bushido and Sammuri spirit.

2. Continue the war in China and extend it into taking the oil rich Dutch East Indies.

They opted for choice 2 and decided the only way to be successful was to delay any American armed intervention was the attack on Pearl.

They hoped to consolidate their power,draw the American fleet into a short war and negotiate a peace.

They badly miscalculated.

The U.S did care about Asia/China prior to ww2,in fact after Japan invaded China the states imposed trade sanctions(air craft manufacturing equipment,then oil) on Japan.When told the sanctions would stay in place till Japan left China the Japanese had 2 choices

1. Back down and leave China.

Unthinkable to the Japanese pride and codes of Bushido and Sammuri spirit.

2. Continue the war in China and extend it into taking the oil rich Dutch East Indies.

They opted for choice 2 and decided the only way to be successful was to delay any American armed intervention was the attack on Pearl.

They hoped to consolidate their power,draw the American fleet into a short war and negotiate a peace.

They badly miscalculated.

Archived