Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Luongo: Trade with Toronto or Chicago?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#61 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

LMAO wow dude I think you may need to lay of the Crystal meth. How many games has Schneider started ? You want to rest the entire hopes in net on like 53 NHL games. I love Corey and think he is the future but you need to realize we havent seen a full year out of him and he could very well be average and then what ?

enough...come on here once lou is traded and whine some more ok. so that you can give you mom some quiet from your terets.

all you blinder lou fans do is repeat the same crap, talking about his play in 2007 not 2012...

not addressing facts that he is going to be traded

not addressing facts that he asked to be traded

not addressing facts that the media and fan pressure in this city will be too much of a distraction for the team

not addressing facts that schnieder is actually a better goalie now. maybe not in 2007 but as a fact now yes.

not addressing facts that you don't play your number two goalie and blatantly signal to the player and the league who your number one is now - do you think they didnt think about the impact of that decision, do you think coaches and mgmt are so stupid they think in a vacuum? No sir. They made a business decision which had and will have ramifications, but you want ignore that. Ok...fine ignore it.

instead you just repeat the same donkey crap...ok...good keep saying it...

it doesn't change facts that your lover is being traded. the stupidity and stubborness of people who are lou fans is actually frightening. you ignore facts and think by doing so reality will change

you sir and your cohorts are in such a state of denial its laughable.

now go to bed child.

Edited by ABurrows14, 20 June 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#62 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:50 PM

enough...come on here once lou is traded and whine some more ok. so that you can give you mom some quiet from your terets.

Listen you basement troll. The only retard here is you whining and crying like Kim Cardashian in multiple threads. You pathetic little e-thug do yourself a favor grow a set and step out into the real world son. You do have some talent though all my co-workers here are laughing their faces off at your pre-school behavior.

Edited by vanfan73, 20 June 2012 - 11:50 PM.

No1813_comets2_rr.jpgDec2814_jake_rr.jpg

As far as I am concerned, Juice is just "On loan" to the Ducks

#63 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

Listen you basement troll. The only retard here is you whining and crying like Kim Cardashian in multiple threads. You pathetic little e-thug do yourself a favor grow a set and step out into the real world son. You do have some talent though all my co-workers here are laughing their faces off at your pre-school behavior.

Wow you must have a high paying job at 12 am....go finish the dishes.

oh by the way, lou is still being traded sorry...can I buy you a soother?

Oh and yet another standard lou lover comment 'troll'...heard that one..

try a new one.

Denial...you're so in denial its laughable.

Pathetic ethug? Lol you're threatening me on a canucks.com site...

wow...lol...who's pathetic? me you say? lol

Edited by ABurrows14, 20 June 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#64 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,236 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

You two remind me of the time Schneids31 was arguing with me.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#65 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

Wow you must have a high paying job at 12 am....go finish the dishes.

oh by the way, lou is still being traded sorry...can I buy you a soother?

Oh and yet another standard lou lover comment 'troll'...heard that one..

try a new one.

Denial...you're so in denial its laughable.

Pathetic ethug? Lol you're threatening me on a canucks.com site...

wow...lol...who's pathetic? me you say? lol

huh ? threatened you ?lmao troll extrodinaire
Posted Image

Edited by vanfan73, 21 June 2012 - 12:46 AM.

#66 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

You two remind me of the time Schneids31 was arguing with me.

Sounds like he was right....seems to me and most of the rest of the normal world that Luongo is being traded....Not quite sure why these gusy are so up in arms at me about stating facts..

But hey, maybe if they click their heels they will end up in Kansas right?

#67 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

Alright guys, that's enough arguing. Bottom line is that Lu WILL most likely be the one going, whether we like it or not. Schneids has proven he can play in the big leagues, MG wouldn't trade lu if he felt Schneids wasn't ready.

Schneider is the start of a new era in Vancouver.
Posted Image

#68 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

By underestimating him.

Oh how a few bad TEAM games tarnishes a single player's reputation.

This.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#69 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

Neither. I dont want Luongo to leave in the first place, big mistake... But hypothetically speaking, neither either, but for different reasons. I dont want any ex-Leafs on my team, they are all poisons, and second not Chicago even though they have good players, because they are a conference rival and with our history, they probably wouldnt even go after Lu.

#70 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

Why isn't anyone considering that Anaheim might be interested?

#71 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

Steven Stamkos' Mullet said

"You two remind me of the time Schneids31 was arguing with me."

It takes 2 to argue . lol I am just feeding the massive troll :)

Edited by vanfan73, 21 June 2012 - 12:49 AM.

#72 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

dont trade to a conference competitor, ship him to the east.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#73 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

Why isn't anyone considering that Anaheim might be interested?

Mostly because the natural consensus is that they still believe Hiller is still their #1

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#74 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

Mostly because the natural consensus is that they still believe Hiller is still their #1

He's a UFA next season, and has he even gotten past the vertigo? Sure didn't look like the same Hiller from a few years ago. Plus, the 1 year experiment in Fasth. There's really nothing much there.

Anaheim is desperate for a change. Especially, since they want to win now with their core. Koivu and Selanne aren't getting any younger. Shouldn't let Perry and Getzlaf be sitting ducks. Isn't that the reason they want to move Ryan?

Why not bring in Luongo, with a long term contract and have him play a few years and mentor their second round guy last year, John Gibson. Hope Luongo can do what Giguere did.

Edited by Rey, 21 June 2012 - 02:33 AM.

#75 Touchet

Touchet

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:24 AM

Rather than Toronto or Chicago, I'd prefer that Luongo be traded (once again, assuming he is traded) to Florida, as in the state, not specifically the Panthers.

Each of those teams there look to have the best selection in roster players and/or prospects and/or likely available picks.

The biggest advantage in trading with Toronto over the Panthers and the Lightning is that Burke is likely more desperate than Yzerman or Tallon, but this still doesn't mean the return from the Leafs would be better.

regards,
G.

Actually is Dolan.

troll-dad-jump.pngtroll-dad-jump.png

#76 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

We don't have to trade anyone. We can keep both guys and have the best goalie tandem in the NHL. Come Dec. if there isn't a lock out when GM's feel they need to make a move to hopefully get their teams in the play-offs because their jobs are on the line, the value of both goalies are increased if we decide to trade one. Thankfully it won't be to the Leafs cause they'll be out of it by then and Burky will be on the unemployment line and we will not have Leaf leftover crap. If we sign Cory to 2 or 3 years we have nothing but time on our side to wait for the right deal.

Edited by canuckelhead70, 21 June 2012 - 04:16 AM.

#77 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

Hopefully Lu is dealt to Florida. Would be nice to get Upshall + and not have to settle for Leaf garbage.

Upshall is too small...... 187 lbs .....seems to have an injury peppered career and jeez I thought most of us agreed that every time we trade with Florida we get roggered.
Let's not lose concentration here we need BIG, we need snipers and we need game changers..........Upshall is none of these so why would we be giving away one of our gems for their rhinestone.
Kevin.jpg

#78 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:25 AM

Alright guys, that's enough arguing. Bottom line is that Lu WILL most likely be the one going, whether we like it or not. Schneids has proven he can play in the big leagues, MG wouldn't trade lu if he felt Schneids wasn't ready.

Schneider is the start of a new era in Vancouver.

Sadly he has not played 2/3 of a season never mind a whole season. He has never worked through a bad spell and felt the hate, he has never become a media bogeyman and come out the other side.

Honestly we must be crackers taking such a massive throw of the dice............especiall with just a rookie like Lack to back him..............and if we have to trade or make more expensive contingencies, then that further weakens the +/- outcome of trading Lu.

If Lu gets put behind a defence like Chicago we will see what we could have had and live to regret it. For too long this team has ridden on the back of an offensive defence and Lu (Schneider to a lesser extent) has either kept us in the games or paid the price.

Edited by Bodee, 21 June 2012 - 06:29 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#79 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

Oh god Ignorance is ideed bliss

Lets talk when Lou gets traded all.

VanFan - you're sad.

#80 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,345 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

Not that I would ever condone Luongo getting traded anywhere let alone Chicago, Seabrook is exactly the kind of physical, shutdown beast on defence that we need.

Edler - Seabrook
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Alberts - Salo

Then again, why would they want Luongo if he gets lit up in the Madhouse 41 games a season?
Posted Image

#81 Ray Canuck

Ray Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

people are bored...
anyway
MG is in a good position, he is in no desperate need to do a trade, he can wait for the best deal for both Lou & the club.
Only TO based writers seem to think Lou will be had for a bag of pucks...
Letting one of our goalies go has to be in the best interest of the club
it could be for just cap relief IF MG has a top shelf guy he wants to sign for the cap room created
it could be for good draft positions if he has prospects targeted
it could be a trade for immediate help
or
MG can just wait until the desperate come knocking early next season
whatever happens it is MG in the drivers seat he is in no way obligated to act hastily or irrationally
Posted Image
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Mark Twain

#82 wrath_jason

wrath_jason

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

#83 CmdrAdama

CmdrAdama

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

Dude...wow

really? really? the only reason he had to make that save was because he crapped the bed in the series and let Chi back in...

WAKE THE F UP MAN!!!!

HE IS GETTING TRADED FOR A REASON!!! NOT JUST BECAUSE RANDOM FANS ON A BLOG THINK SCHNIEDER IS BETTER

PEOPLE SMARTER ABOUT HOCKEY THAN YOU OR I HAVE DECIDED IT

OK ? OK?

WE ALL APPRECIATE WHAT LOU HAS DONE FOR THIS TEAM AND CITY - HOWEVER, THE KID WHO PLAYED GAMES 3 4 5 IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST SEASON IS NOW THE STARTER FOR A REASON

LET ...............IT.................GO

If Hammy hadn't pulled a Raymond, we may have won game 5... who's to say? Schneider DID lose two of those three games, btw. He's now the starter based on a shut-out loss, and an OT loss. Like Luongo, the team (AND the coach) ahead of him crapped the bed. Don't say it was because of not having Daniel. Yes, an impact player, for sure, but AV had juggled the lines well enough prior to puck drop, game 1, to ensure more than 1 win... Why he screwed with a 9-game win streak combination of players, is beyond me. /rant I'm also most likely wrong with this. lol I'd still prefer to see them both back in the fall, but it's most likely going to be Luongo gone, maybe by 12 Eastern tomorrow?

#84 Canucklehead420

Canucklehead420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

If you read my post I said they should have won in Game 4 or 5. And ok, Thomas had one iffy series, when it counted most, in the SCF, he was lights out. You never know, Lu makes a couple big saves, we pounce on our chances at the other end, but no, goal after goal went in, and before you know it, we're done 4-0.

Now obviously, not all the blame is on Lu, but we're not talking about who lost us the SCF, we're talking about who should be traded, Lu or Schneids. And IMO, Schneider is the better choice to move forward with.

yeah because the team did alot of pouncing when he was on top of his game winning 1-0 twice.

#85 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

Oh god Ignorance is ideed bliss

Lets talk when Lou gets traded all.

VanFan - you're sad.

How is your bliss working out for you ?

Talking means a two way conversation. You are going down the wrong way on a one way street.

You must be real popular with the ladies lol

Edited by vanfan73, 21 June 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#86 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

I don't want Patty Kane as all he would do is rack tabs at the Roxie and chase around Surrey snake charmers and play hungover. No thanks

Edited by D.J Ball, 21 June 2012 - 03:34 PM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#87 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,371 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

On every newspaper known to man from the centre of the universe (and unfortunately the internet), Schenn is being rumoured as legitimate value for something. JVR, Luongo, the 1st overall pick... The Toronto media is attempting drumming the beat of Schenn's value up to the point he should net Crosby soon?

Then you read (here) that Burke has the affordability of patience to drive down the value of his targets. Quote, he should be scored for relatively little more than relieving the Canucks of the cap hit!

Laughable! Such patience has already scored Burke Tim Connolly as his top centre. Oh wait, that was to create depth so they could be patient...

:rolleyes:

http://www.sportsnet...hl_draft_notes/

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.