Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

This topic is in the process of being archived.
4386 replies to this topic

#3241 KSniper88

KSniper88

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

If Theodore is the only reason the deal is being held back, who are the others that are coming our way?

#3242 KSniper88

KSniper88

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

never mind lol

Edited by KSniper88, 07 July 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#3243 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Leafs feeling the heat...

That's still a crap offer.

#3244 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

Dude ... It's Erik Gudbranson coming back ... This kid has Chris Pronger potentials, so I'd include Tanev in a heartbeat - although I highly doubt that Tanev alone would fetch Gudbranson - we may have to add other pieces.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#3245 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

I would love having pavelski, goalie and a decent prospect in return from sj, but maybe there not on lu's list...

Why would the Sharks trade for a goalie? Niemi is a great goalie who is close (or at) Luongo's level. They don't need to trade for a goalie
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#3246 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

Why would the Sharks trade for a goalie? Niemi is a great goalie who is close (or at) Luongo's level. They don't need to trade for a goalie

Niemi is no where near Lu. A product of good teams.

#3247 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Niemi as good as Luongo?? LOL. We've all seen how Niemi plays without Keith and Seabrook infront of him.

#3248 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Niemi is no where near Lu. A product of good teams.

So what? Let's say quick becomes available does that mean Montreal should try to acquire him for a crazy high price that hurts the team overall even though they have price? Niemi is good enough and performs well in their system, media just needs crap to talk about, he lets in a few softies and he's automatically on the block. please.

Edited by GMantooth, 07 July 2012 - 04:46 PM.

"I think it's time to move on." RL1 @GrizzlyMantooth"It was what it was." TB44

#3249 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

At this point I would like to see us steal away a high draft pick regardless. Throw in a mid level vet + youth and I would be happy. But next year I want us picking top 10 at the draft and with a Stanley cup as well.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#3250 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

So what? Let's say quick becomes available does that mean Montreal should try to acquire him for a crazy high price that hurts the team overall even though they have price? Niemi is good enough and preforms well in their system, media just needs crap to talk about, he lets in a few softies and he's automatically on the block. please.

Exactly, ok Niemi might not be as good as Lu but it's not like he sucks. It's like this Rick Nash business, Nash is better than most of our wingers so why don't we trade them all and more for Nash?
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#3251 shadowscyne

shadowscyne

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

Hearing a deal with #FlaPanthers was all but done a few days back, but was nixed by an involved player with a NTC.

#Leafs leading the charge currently with a recent counter offer. Burke WILL NOT involve Joffrey Lupul.
Posted Image

#3252 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

Hearing a deal with #FlaPanthers was all but done a few days back, but was nixed by an involved player with a NTC.

#Leafs leading the charge currently with a recent counter offer. Burke WILL NOT involve Joffrey Lupul.

Sigh...

#3253 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

whispers going around is tanev, schroeder, luongo are the package heading to FLA. for a young prospect, theodore, 1st rd pick. DT wants tanev after losing garrison. And people say theodore has nixed the deal.Take this with a grain of salt.

Edited by ALTtimegreat, 07 July 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#3254 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

whispers going around is tanev, schroeder, luongo are the package heading to FLA. for a young prospect, theodore, 1st rd pick. DT wants tanev after losing garrison. And people say theodore has nixed the deal.Take this with a grain of salt.

if we are giving up that much it better be huberdeau.... and just take clemenson

#3255 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

One of Bjugstad/Huberdeau/Gudbranson, Theodore and a 1st? I said if we can't convince Jose to waive his NTC to come here then just go for Clemmensen. Or we can tell Theo that if he comes here we can immedieatly flip him to a team on his list.

#3256 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

One of Bjugstad/Huberdeau/Gudbranson, Theodore and a 1st? I said if we can't convince Jose to waive his NTC to come here then just go for Clemmensen. Or we can tell Theo that if he comes here we can immedieatly flip him to a team on his list.

Huberdeau Plz

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Huberdeau Kesler
Jensen Lappy Hansen
Higgins Malhotra Kassian

#3257 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

FLA would rather part with theodore than clemmensen. And I dont think theodore would like the idea of being flip around.

Edited by ALTtimegreat, 07 July 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#3258 Thunder Bunnies

Thunder Bunnies

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

:sadno: I really don't want to be giving up Tanev ..I think in the long run, he's our Salo replacement, and plus we are already short of right-handed shooting defensemen. Please don't trade Tanev, he still has a lot of potential.

#3259 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

:sadno: I really don't want to be giving up Tanev ..I think in the long run, he's our Salo replacement, and plus we are already short of right-handed shooting defensemen. Please don't trade Tanev, he still has a lot of potential.

..... if it means getting Huberdeau and a first... who who knows Florida could screw up completely and give us 1st overall and we could get McKinnon if that happened would you even remember tanev? we would have two of the best young players

#3260 hiebskey

hiebskey

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

I think that would be a good deal for both teams.. I would be very happy with this trade.. Especially if the "prospect" is gudbranson.
saskatchewan's biggest Canuck fan :)

#3261 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

I think that would be a good deal for both teams.. I would be very happy with this trade.. Especially if the "prospect" is gudbranson.

i thought it would but if they need Tanv to replace Garisson why would they give us another defensemen.. their best?

#3262 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

..... if it means getting Huberdeau and a first... who who knows Florida could screw up completely and give us 1st overall and we could get McKinnon if that happened would you even remember tanev? we would have two of the best young players

That would be the biggest dream come true. Imagine if both Huberdeau was NHL ready next year and MacKinnon would be ready the next?

Sedin - Sedin - MacKinnon
Booth - Huberdeau - Kesler
Burrows - ???? - Kassian
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Wow

#3263 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

That would be the biggest dream come true. Imagine if both Huberdeau was NHL ready next year and MacKinnon would be ready the next?

Sedin - Sedin - MacKinnon
Booth - Huberdeau - Kesler
Burrows - ???? - Kassian
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Wow

Sedin Sedin MacKinnon
Booth Huberdeau Kesler
Burrows Mueller Kassian
Higgins Lappy Hansen

#3264 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

you really think Florida is gonna tank next season.... with Luongo in net if they do this trade.

that first round pick will be nowhere near the #1 spot.
Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#3265 hiebskey

hiebskey

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

i thought it would but if they need Tanv to replace Garisson why would they give us another defensemen.. their best?

Yeah.. That's a good point.. Well hopefully this can just end soon so there is no more need for guessing!

#3266 hiebskey

hiebskey

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

Double post

Edited by hiebskey, 07 July 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#3267 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

you really think Florida is gonna tank next season.... with Luongo in net if they do this trade.

that first round pick will be nowhere near the #1 spot.

you never know plenty good teams tank.. Tampa has tanked while having some of the best players in the game

#3268 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

lets say we get Huberdeau and then trade for Phillips from Min :P imagen

#3269 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

you never know plenty good teams tank.. Tampa has tanked while having some of the best players in the game

just shows you how important goalies are.

"I think it's time to move on." RL1 @GrizzlyMantooth"It was what it was." TB44

#3270 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

just shows you how important goalies are.

and if Luongo has a bad season? i mean the flames suck and they have kipper

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.