The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let's face it. The Canucks don't have the assets or the management to make a bold move.

miles.p

Those dates only matter if we choose to go to arbitration. People panicking over an offer sheet are being stupid. Is it possible someone makes a 4 yr/16M offer? I guess. Match it and move on. Not that it matters right now, there is lots of time to get this done. I assume some people just need to complain because they are not happy with their lives.

The dumbest thing the canucks could do is to trade Luongo...he is an elite goaltender and get over it already...he did not lose us the stanley cup last year!!!!! that was a team effort not just Lu!!!!....Why would we trade an elite goalie for a backup who had a hot streak for a few games and had no pressure knowing that Lu was there to take all the heat...I like Schnider but let's face it he has only played like 3 playoff games?!?!?! are you kidding me....what's gonna happen to Cory if Lu is gone...can you imagine the pressure there. Better not F up cause if we traded Lu for Cory he dam well better perform. I would not make that move yet until Cory had some more playoff experience....Lu took us to game 7 in cup final...he can do it again....

And once again the CDC board proves just how desperate and ignorant it is. We complain like crazy if the Canucks play poorly during the regular season and if we win the presidents troohy we complain that it means nothing and if they went on a cup run we complain they only made it to the finals. I have a feeling if we win the cup morons will still complain we didn't win it in a dominant way. What the hell is wrong with our fans?

You don't just make a trade for the sake of making a trade. I bet even if a trade was made people like the op would still bitch we didn't get enough back. It's like the board always needs something to bitch about.

And once again the CDC board proves just how desperate and ignorant it is. We complain like crazy if the Canucks play poorly during the regular season and if we win the presidents troohy we complain that it means nothing and if they went on a cup run we complain they only made it to the finals. I have a feeling if we win the cup morons will still complain we didn't win it in a dominant way. What the hell is wrong with our fans?

You don't just make a trade for the sake of making a trade. I bet even if a trade was made people like the op would still bitch we didn't get enough back. It's like the board always needs something to bitch about.

The dumbest thing the canucks could do is to trade Luongo...he is an elite goaltender and get over it already...he did not lose us the stanley cup last year!!!!! that was a team effort not just Lu!!!!....Why would we trade an elite goalie for a backup who had a hot streak for a few games and had no pressure knowing that Lu was there to take all the heat...I like Schnider but let's face it he has only played like 3 playoff games?!?!?! are you kidding me....what's gonna happen to Cory if Lu is gone...can you imagine the pressure there. Better not F up cause if we traded Lu for Cory he dam well better perform. I would not make that move yet until Cory had some more playoff experience....Lu took us to game 7 in cup final...he can do it again....

I think MG's stubborness, ego and his 'patient' approach will bite him in the ass once Florida and Toronto says FU and ends negotiation.

I do believe Burke when he said the asking price is way to high. MG probably wants Gardiner AND Shenn or Franson...

Also a possibility. Look at teams like the Kings/Flyers, Pens, and then the Flyers/Leafs most recently. They've all made huge moves and Gillis has stood pat with his biggest asset. Sometimes you can't just sit on your ass and wait for the perfect offer because teams are going to look elsewhere or change their mind

Reminds me of the Neal and Niskanen to Pitt for Goligoski... I know, i know there were 28 other GMs that didnt get Neal, but with his patient style of trading, we might be missing out on some good deals like that.

When MG was hired, he said he would be an aggresive thats not afraid to make bold moves....

In my EHM

I actually did this in EHM the other day

Two deals in the works with the Stars and Pens. One was just about finalized with the Pens. I canceled it because I liked the other deal which was also nearly finalized with the Stars. Instead the Stars found a better offer last second and went with that trade. When I tried to go back to trading with the Pens, they shipped out what I was looking for and in the end I got nothing. :lol:

But yes, it's uneasy to see other teams making moves and we're doing nothing with our biggest and redundant asset. But I think he'll get something done soon enough.

"Rye" is a spirit? ,, it is more like "essence of un-dead" .. you have a seriously developed sense of humor AND taste .. I can just tell .. true whiskey has the word "Scotch" in the label .. come back when you are man enough to appreciate the finer things in life, laddie .. has no-one told ya yet that mixing crap alcohol with corn syrup based "pop" will give you a hangover? .. sheesh .. kids these days ..

Archived