The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Bure's #10 be retired/be in the Ring of Honour?

ChrisCo!

#10 Retired or Ring of Honour?   

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't give a crap about retired numbers anymore after the Naslund retirement. IMO the ring of honour killed the retired numbers significance. Having both is silly. Why have different levels of "honour"?

Bure's going to the HHOF. The freakin' HHOF. And the Canucks mgmt have to think about if he belongs in their ring of honour? :picard:

He only played 428 games as a Canuck but got 478 points. He has 1.12 points per game average that’s higher then anyone in the top ten for points as a Canuck. 7th all time in points out of Canuck players, 5th all time in goals with 254 0.59 goals per game average highest in the top 10, 9 hat tricks one away from being tied with Tanti and Naslund, 4th in game winning goals 1 behind Linden for 3rd, 7th in power-play goals, 1st in short-handed goals, 10th in over-time goals, 2nd most points in the playoffs he had 66 in 60 games for a 1.10 points per game average again the highest in the top 10 of Canucks, tied for 1st in goals in the playoffs with Trevor Linden at 34 Trevor has 58 more games in the playoffs, 0.56 goals per game average in the playoffs the highest in the top 10, 6th in assists in the playoffs, 0.53 assists per game tied with Geoff Courtnall for 2nd best assists per game average by a Canuck in the playoffs, 9th in playoff games played by a Canuck, 2nd in playoff hat tricks by a Canuck, 6th in game-winning playoff goals, 10th in playoff power-play goals, 2nd in playoff short-handed goals, 5th in playoff over-time goals, most goals in a season by a Canuck 60 he did it twice, most points by a rookie he didn’t play a full season, won the Calder trophy as a Canuck, most goals and points in a playoff run with 16 goals and 31 points also a Russian record until Malkin beat it, he was an all star, and he won numerous Vancouver Canucks team awards

Wow. I remember the time when Bure wasn not in the HHOF. People here were iffy about the retired number. Now, everyone wants Bure's number to be up in the rafters?

I'm not too sure. But Bure should have been in the ROH 2 seasons ago!

Should be in the ROH but he won't be. And I don't think #10 should be retired.

Pavel Bure will always be remembered as a Canuck but I just don't think the team is interested in any sort of association with him at all. Minutes after the HHOF inductions were announced, the Florida Panthers send out a series of congratulatory tweets to Pavel:

Florida Panthers@FlaPanthers

No comment yet from the Canucks

This is obvious, the very first Canucks Jersey to go in the hall of fame should be retired. The display case shows more than one jersey but the main one should be the first Canuck's jersey. #10 or #96

#10 should be in the rafters. I have always said this and Pavel's induction to HHOF makes the Canucks look silly.

It is high time bridges were built and Pavel brought back into the fold.

Perhaps one day we will have a player who is more exciting to watch and has better talent than Bure....but I doubt it.

Canuck drafted. Most exciting player in Canucks uniform. Best raw talent player in Canucks history. Goes on for multiple scoring titles. Possible Hall of Famer? Yeah... Put #10 up there. If he's good enough for the game of hockey in general to honour, our lowly franchise should, too...

I didn't think this until recently, though, so I'm not a Bure fanboy or anything.

Archived