The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pat Quinn TEAM 1040 Interview: "If the Canucks are wise at all," they should retire Pavel Bure's number.

It was reported today that the Canucks have contacted Bure about honoring him and that he doesn't want to be involved at this time. Sounds to me that there are some hurt feelings on his part. The Canucks should plan an evening to retire his number and let him know it will happen regardless if he attends. Then start a petition from fans encouraging him to attend so that he understands how much he was appreciated as a player. We won't take no for an answer!!!

Where is 'Mr. Wonderful' in his congratulations for Pavel?

Telling,that. Mr. Canuck,and all,the captain,Mr. Wonderful.

Silent on Pavel's ascension to hockey royalty recognition.

He must be peddling some homes or new centres.Much too busy,that must be it.

Anybody seen or heard from 'Mr.Wonderful' congratulating Pavel on his grand entrance to hockey glory?

Love to see that quote.

All of the things you mentioned were "hear say" from the Vancouver media in particular one writer by the name of Tony Gallagher who I have no idea y is still writing I find him to be useless bs starter in Vancouver's media.

Everyone is getting hung up on his amazing moves and sick goals, but guys look at the statistics:

He played in 428 games for the Canucks. There's about 20 guys who have played more games than him in a Vancouver sweater, and the 3 that were retired doubled (and nearly tripled in Linden's case) Bure's tenure here.

Gradin finished with over 70 points more than Bure in a Canucks sweater and wasn't retired.

You don't have your jersey retired in a building for how exciting you are, the most important aspect is dedication and service to a franchise. In that regards, Bure didn't contribute enough to be retired and rightfully so - he didn't even make it past the 500 game mark with the franchise.

Even if it was a rumour, Bure still accused Linden that he was the one who leaked out the info to the media.

If you have a problem with your teammate, in this case, your captain. You handle it behind closed doors, not spew it out to the public.

What's your point?

I already mentioned that Linden and Bure never got along. In fact, the only time they saw eye-to-eye was when Keenan took over.

Where was Bure when Linden had his jerseys retired?

Where was Bure's congratulations?

Archived