The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Justin Schultz to Oilers

Mac T is with the Oilers now, bub.

No kidding pal, that is why he was with the Oilers in Toronto pitching Edmonton. Maybe now you will understand why I said,

interesting, Mac T was in on the pitch, wonder what he had to say about the Canucks?

Can't believe how fast people turned on this kid just cause we're out. If anyone is the sell-out, its you guys who are degrading Justin. Kid is making a personal career decision for himself. Who are you to judge?

It hurts even more when the cliff is actually higher than you anticipated.

@ryandittrick: "I don't want to be the guy that gets a guaranteed spot. I want to earn it and you should have to earn it in the NHL." - Schultz

@ryandittrick: Just spoke to Justin Schultz. Thrilled to be coming to #YEG. Said #Oilers made no guarantees about ice-time or a role next season.

Hmmmmm.

Haha that is such a load of _____.

Is it just me or did the Oilers tamper all the way to the finish line here. I'd laugh if the Ducks filed tampering on Edmonton and the NHL hit them hard.

Yes, NHL please fine Gretzky and Coffey as well. They dont even work for Oilers.

All will be forgiven if MG makes a huge splash tomorrow...and i mean EXPLOSIVELY HUGE! :bigblush:

Gillis is going to unload his load tomorrow and It will definitely be HUGE!!!He probably didn't get to spend time with his wife coz of the schultz saga.OPs+face+after+he+swallows+a+huge+load+_37cc935fb85e22d6658f38817c7dc2f6.jpg1752-huge-load.jpg

When you google the term 'butthurt', this thread is going to pop up. I wish you guys could see how petty, bitter and hateful you're acting. Everyone saying that karma is going to catch up with Justin Schultz and then pray he suffers a career ending injury might want to consider the irony of that. Grow up, Edmonton is going to have a hell of a team and he wants to be part of it. Not many players take 'their favourite team' into consideration when signing. They are players, not irrational fanboys. Canucks currently have a great team but with a window that's closing faster than you realize. Oilers were the right choice.

"But but... they have no goaltending! and they finished dead last so that means they are going to finish last every year because that's the logic my brain comes up with! And they're stupid cheaters and I just filled my diaper."

Seriously...this whole Gretzky lobbying the Oilers thing was really cheap! I mean you have nothing else to offer that you have to ask Gretzky to lobby for you? As soon as I heard that I knew he'd probably pick Edmonton.

We should haved answered Messier to talk with Schultz. That would change his mind for sure.

The kid is going to get booed in every building he plays in

Wayyyy too much of a diva for someone who hasn't played a single NHL game yet.

Not a big loss for us to not get him IMO

It's not his fault the media, specifically social media, blew this whole "decision" out of proportion. He was no different than any other sought after free agent.

ITT: Butthurt Canucks fans.

OH NO SOMEONE IS THINKING OF THEIR CAREER RATHER THAN WHAT WE WANT!

This thread is great. The amount of butthurt is just laughable.

tumblr_lw7qn58NxG1qii6tmo1_500.gif

These Schultz threads are hilarious, thanks to butthurt Canucks fans.

Bout as equal to the amount of people that can't be more creative then "butthurt" and other internet memes.(3 on this page I am quoting alone) We get it, you guys are superior to the standard passionate venting fan.

I could not care less where this kid ended up, just glad GMMG had nothing to do with paying a guy almost as much as Schneider who never has stepped on NHL ice.

Wow how fast the opinion on these boards turn on the kid. He is free to sign where he wants and he chose to get more ice time playing with kids his age. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't make him a spoiled kid or a diva. Geez. He doesn't owe us anything.

And to those blaming AV. Come on now. He should just give rookies more ice time without earning it. Have any of you guys even played on a team? How would you fell playing years earning your spot and some kid who is hyped comes in and the coach just gives him your ice time.

They have a pretty neat core set up now with Hall, RNH, Eberle and Schultz but I still feel Paajarvi will shine as a 2nd/3rd liner.

Supposing the big-4 want 6 million each once they start to hit their prime, Edmonton will be tied down quite a bit, and they still need some big physical defencemen, better depth up front and most importantly a goalie. No matter how good their forwards are, a bad goalie won't get them far and Dubynk is not their saviour.

Wow...He chose to go to Edmonton because guaranteed minutes are implied. Worst team in the league 3 years running and he saw how much ice the Halls and Hopkins got.

Hey if he wants ice time and less pressure than good for him. But we don't want players like that on our team, Hodgson 2.0.

Wow...He chose to go to Edmonton because guaranteed minutes are implied. Worst team in the league 3 years running and he saw how much ice the Halls and Hopkins got.

Hey if he wants ice time and less pressure than good for him. But we don't want players like that on our team, Hodgson 2.0.

Sure thing, Lebron. lol, wow.

I believe Schultz handled this whole circus very well and made his decision carefully and rationally. He will get big minutes on a very promising team full of potentially great players, at least at forward. I would have liked to see him in a Vancouver uniform but it wasn't to be this time. I wish the kid all the best and sincerely hope he turns out to be the star that most folks think he will be. Not getting Schultz will not make a whole lot of difference to how the Canucks play this coming season. They will win a whole lot of games and will be in the thick of the push for the Stanley Cup. While it would have been nice for Schultz to be part of it, the other part is that by him not signing here, it opens the door for someone else to come in and do the job. Whoever that will be we don't know yet, but Gillis stuck to his philosophy of not guaranteeing a rookie specific ice time or a particular role.

Whenever one door closes, another one opens. Trust in Gillis.

Archived