Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ewok

Remaining Free Agents?

75 posts in this topic

What Free Agents are left? And which of those, if any, would you want to join the Canucks organization (being realistic of course) to further help our team towards winning the Stanley Cup?

Please discuss!!!! :canucks:

1310497097772.gif

Doan's agent confirmed that there are a number of contending teams interested in him. If Phoenix ownership is resolved, he'll likely re-sign there.

doan is in such a unpredictable situation that i wouldnt put him on my wishlist because you just dont know what he is looking for in a new team

Doan's agent confirmed that there are a number of contending teams interested in him. If Phoenix ownership is resolved, he'll likely re-sign there.

Doan would be awesome, Semin probably wouldn't. It would be great if the Canucks could land Weber with their newfound cap space, but I highly doubt it would be possible. Even if we did something similar to the Kessel trade and traded a pair of 1st rounders for Weber, it could still be worth it. We'd get bigger, younger and stronger. Not to mention an amazing D:

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Weber

Garrison-Tanev

Traded: Ballard, 1st + 1st received in Luongo trade.

Dylan Reese for depth defense (righty). Asap.

Jacob Dowell

Would also like to see Bitz back, he was solid in Van.

Hopefully Gillis fills 3rd line C and top 6 F in Lu trade.

Doan would be awesome, Semin probably wouldn't. It would be great if the Canucks could land Weber with their newfound cap space, but I highly doubt it would be possible. Even if we did something similar to the Kessel trade and traded a pair of 1st rounders for Weber, it could still be worth it. We'd get bigger, younger and stronger. Not to mention an amazing D:

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Weber

Garrison-Tanev

Traded: Ballard, 1st + 1st received in Luongo trade.

Dylan Reese for depth defense (righty). Asap.

Jacob Dowell

Would also like to see Bitz back, he was solid in Van.

Hopefully Gillis fills 3rd line C and top 6 F in Lu trade.

I think both (Doan and Semin) of those players have priced themselves out for the Canucks...

MG loves reclamation projects - so maybe he'll convince Mueller, but injury is a big concern. Guy cannot stay health.

Idea 1: Sign one of Mueller or Doan. Keaton Ellerby, Shawn Matthias, 4th round pick from Flo for Lu.

Idea 2: Sign Olli Jokinen. Versteeg, Keaton Ellerby 6th round pick from Flo for Lu

Idea 3: Sign Depth D. Versteeg, Matthias from Flo for Lu.

I'd go with idea 2.

I would like Jagr or Semin.