The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Re-sign Bitz ?

DaMacNamedDre

You just can't help your disrespect.

I am and always will be proud of Fife Flyers place in UK hockey as I hope any Canadian who follows soccer would be proud of his team. All sports are to be enjoyed whether by playing them or watching them, at any level. To spectate or play at a lower standard does not demean the the game nor the spectator/player it only shows his/her enthusiasm for that game.

You obviously are unable to comprehend such things.

Suffice to say that the very origins of your National Game owe much to the Scots. Many of who emigrated to Nova Scotia and gave birth to Ice Hockey from a game known as Shinny.

As for Bitz............well if he's the best we can do, so be it.

Yes indeed basketball was invented by the son of two Scottish immigrants born in Canada.

As for the rest of your ravings "theres' none so blind as he who will not see."..................get a life saddo.

Yes, basketball was invented by a CANADIAN!!! This is what I've already told you.

If I need a life, then I don't know where that leaves you? I'm not too sure that I've seen any poster on this site who gets called out and ridiculed(well deservedly I might add) for being so unknowledgeable than what you do. And the two posts that you've had deleted just this week proves that. Well, at least you can say that you're number one at something.

Rather have Bitz as our 13th forward than Ebbett. By himself Bitz doesn't bring the neccessary toughness we are missing. Neither does Kassian. The two of them plus a George Parros and we would have an answer to Lucic, Chara and Thornton. Then all we need is Raymond to man up and kick the crap out of Marchand.

I'm sure we would all feel a great satisfaction in witnessing this. However, Keith is an Olympic calibre defenseman, and Marchand is a goal scoring midget. Bitz is not an appropriate nor necessary response to either. Kesler, Booth, Bieksa, Hammer ect are all top end players fully capable of laying huge hits and beating the crap outta either of them. No need to mix apples with oranges, especially when the oranges are mediocre - subpar hockey players.

Sometimes you have to send a message. Most of the guys that you mentioned aren't going to do it. Bieksa would probably beat both of those guys and Kelser might be able too but Booth and Hamuis? They only have 3 and 4 fights in their careers respectively and they aren't going to do much, not to mention that Booth has had a history of concussions. The problem is, the message should have been sent right after the fact and not a year later. This is why we need to have a big tough guy(Bitz and Volpatti are more secondary guys) to do it and if not to Keith or Marchand, then you do it to one of their best players to send the message( I know both of those guys are really good players but if they see one of their skilled teammates taking a beating then they might think twice the next time).

Hammer is solid, Booth is one of the biggest guys on the team, Edler would be another good choice. They don't have to be fighters, not like Keith is a threat to knock any of them out, we got trolled by Brown, hes not by any means a big guy in the NHL nor a remotely feared fighter. Like you said our guys probably aren't going to do it, even Juice stood and watched as the twins got ragdolled this year. That's the problem, someone needs to make them stand up if they wont on their own. Many of our players are able to lay on the body, we had all the best hits in the 2011 run (ofcourse with Torres).

Any "goon" we ice isn't likely to be on the ice at the same time as the twins and it will be seen as much worse should we send a plug after a star player rather than star vs star. If we want to be able to ice an entirely skilled roster then guys gotta start expanding their comfort zone.

I aint asking them to start dropping the gloves on a regular basis, but just take turns in the odd time the situation calls for it. Weise stepped up and fought, sure he wasn't great, but didn't get embarassed. That's all i ask, a few more of those and maybe we won't have Keith on Daniel incidents. Reminds of that Braveheart line, "I didn't say we had to win, i said we have to FIGHT!".

This all reminds me of years back when Gino Odjick was roughing up Doug Gilmore. Wendel Clark went up to Pavel Bure and told Bure that if Gino didn't stay away from Gilmore, that Clark was going to go after Bure. Well, Gino never touched Gilmore again. That's what we need on this team but the problem is, nobody seems to have the balls to do it.

Hammer is solid but he isn't big and he's not a fighter. Booth is only 6'1" and 215lbs. He wouldn't be one of the bigger players on my team. The fact that he's one of the Canucks bigger players is pretty sad. As for Edler, he's never dropped the gloves in his life, do you really want him trying to exact some revenge on anyone? The rest of your first paragraph I do agree with, although I think there were other big hits by other teams and not just the Canucks.

What looks worse, the fact that nobody has stood up for the Sedins or how it would look if we sent a tough guy after one of their skilled players? I don't think it can look any worse than what it already has when this team, who are supposedly so close of a group, don't stick up for each other. The fact that teams are taking liberties with the Canucks skill players shouldn't be tolerated. I'm more an eye for an eye kind of guy than I am a turn the other cheek kind of guy. And if it takes the Canucks playing a thug to keep the Sedins safe, then I'm all for it.

Although I'd love to see the Sedins stick up for themselves, it hasn't happened yet and it's not going too.

Archived