The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tomorrow is July 8. Please sign in Vancity Shane Doan.

Italia2006

Which is pretty sad considering Gillis has said he wanted to get younger and bigger, so basically Gillis is still throwing out BS to the public again. If this is really true Gillis really should take his own advice and look for younger and bigger like Rick Nash instead of Doan. Doan 6'2, 35 years old, Nash 6'4, 28 years old. Doan will be Messier 2.

10,0000 comedians out of work loser and you are trying to be one. Your parents didn't bring you up, they dragged you up. A moran who thinks his jokes are funny to everyone. Is 14 your IQ or your age?

Doan helps us get bigger, is a solid second line player or a guy you can put with the Sedins and no one will f with them. He is also a heck of a leader and a competitor and may help in the room (Put Kesler back on track and set his ego aside, along with Bieksa). This is something I think the Nucks need right now, they need that voice in the room to put some of their egos in check. I think this is what cost us last year, the attitude that they don't have to work to win, complancency. A guy in the last 3-4 years of his career who wants to win one will inject some of that attitude back in the room, not to mention his work ethic (this is why we should have gone after Jagr).

While it doesn't help us get younger, playing Kassian, giving Schroeder time while Kesler is out, giving Jensen time, giving Tanev a starting role, and subbing in Connaughton/Sauve as the number 6 will help the team transition to its next group. We have some talented young guys, just need to start playing them so that they transition. Not to mention we are going with the young gun in net now.

It is quite hard to find NHL ready Young starters on the second and third lines who come cheap. The only way we get those are via trade and hopefully thats what is on the menu for the Lou trade.

As for your comment on MG "Lying" I don't think he is, I think by playing some of their youth they will be getting younger, they just haven't played them in recent years because there has been no need to rush them because of the success of the team. However, there comes a point where the young guys need to get some NHL time to stay hungry, and further develop. I think MG is stating that time has come for a number of players and they plan to let them in at least sparingly this year.

It also creates that 'internal competetion' with the vets that AV was so focused on when he got here. Injecting that in camp may just rejeuvinate some complacency on the team.

Posted · Hidden by Templeton Peck, July 8, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Templeton Peck, July 8, 2012 - No reason given

10,0000 comedians out of work loser and you are trying to be one. Your parents didn't bring you up, they dragged you up. A moran who thinks his jokes are funny to everyone. Is 14 your IQ or your age?

Posted · Hidden by Templeton Peck, July 8, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Templeton Peck, July 8, 2012 - No reason given

You come off as a self righteous TWIT (with an a)..I just felt you should know...all he said was he only needs 5 minutes with her ( i'd only need two :bigblush: )and you feel it necessary to insult his parents and the way they raised him...by the sounds of it your parents didn't teach you proper manners...but then some parents don't love their children...how sad for you.

Archived