The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver - Florida

Sorry but terrible trade in my opinion. Let's trade a top 10 goalie in the NHL & a possible 15-20 goal winger for a 3rd-4th line center at best, a backup waaaaaaay past his prime goalie, and a decent prospect who isn't ready to play in the NHL, and maxes out at a 2nd-3rd line player too. So we trade the 2 best players in the trade and get little back.

NICE TRADE BRO <---sarcasm

Thank god a bunch of you aren't GMs of the Canucks haha, you guys would pull the trigger on trades too fast! :lol:

Sorry but terrible trade in my opinion. Let's trade a top 10 goalie in the NHL & a possible 15-20 goal winger for a 3rd-4th line center at best, a backup waaaaaaay past his prime goalie, and a decent prospect who isn't ready to play in the NHL, and maxes out at a 2nd-3rd line player too. So we trade the 2 best players in the trade and get little back.

Thank god a bunch of you aren't GMs of the Canucks haha, you guys would pull the trigger on trades too fast! :lol:

We could look at this the other way too.

Pretend I'm a biased Panthers fan for a moment.

"We get a $5.3 million past his prime goaltender, when we already have one of the top goaltending prospects in the world almost ready to take a starter role, and a 30 point mistake prone winger, for our cheap, perfectly capable starter, great 3rd line centre, and a potential 2nd line big bodied 2-way player."

I don't like it anymore than you do, but this is pretty much what we are going to be getting for Luongo, if not worse.

Controversy!

No no, Raymond < Howden haha.

I didn't think all that much of Howden as a prospect, other than he is a fast skater, and a good two-way player. Maybe a good 2nd/3rd line winger.

But now that he scored 40 goals this year I could see him as a legit top 6 forward. Hopefully we get him.

Archived