Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 13 votes

If We Acquire Shane Doan Does He Become Our New Captain?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#121 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

everytime i see messier on the tv i yell F$CK you messier

:lol: Me too! In my most ladylike way, of course!

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#122 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

What a stupid ???? question

Man, what a retarded response to a perfectly good question that the OP made! This retarded response is the perfect example of why the minus button should NEVER be brought back! The vast majority of members here are group think morons, virtual bully morons, and if any of you 69 people were to take an IQ test, I gaurentee that ALL of you who plussed this guy would fall well below the average!

Doan if he signs here for say 4 years should be considered for captaincy, next year, not this.

#123 xCANUCKAHOLICx

xCANUCKAHOLICx

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

some people lol heck NOOOOOO....

#124 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#125 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

Man, what a retarded response to a perfectly good question that the OP made! This retarded response is the perfect example of why the minus button should NEVER be brought back! The vast majority of members here are group think morons, virtual bully morons, and if any of you 69 people were to take an IQ test, I gaurentee that ALL of you who plussed this guy would fall well below the average!

Doan if he signs here for say 4 years should be considered for captaincy, next year, not this.

I'm curious if this I.Q. test you mention will include grammar?
(pssst!!....If so....YOU should decline to take it! :bigblush: )
((Please don't virtual bully me!))
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#126 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,562 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

This is for real?
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#127 Wonderine

Wonderine

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

I really hope this signing does not take place. SD is what he is but is there really a slot for him here. As to the C that is taken and should not be moved HS has done very well and will continue for years too come. I think SD wants to returns to the Yotes if the team and rink leases and such go the right direction. He is dedicated to that club. The ice clouds up if he goes anywhere else.

:canucks: NUFF SAID :canucks:

#128 CCF4E

CCF4E

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

Thought this was a troll thread... :picard:
Posted Image

Ehrhoff isn't from europe....

#129 **Pavel4Life**

**Pavel4Life**

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

Nope
CFOO SIG FTW!

QUOTE (bugmo @ Jul 23 2009, 12:09 AM) And you are an idiot who can't see things for the way they are. It's people like you who make it seem okay for the canucks to have a non playoff making team every year. Gillis supporter go jump off the Patullo.

This was said to me and it makes me laugh everytime I read it.

#130 LegionOfDoom

LegionOfDoom

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

What's 2 + 2

#131 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Doan wouldn't want the C.

It disrupts chemistry to change captains, especially to give it to a new guy. If Henrik decided he didn't want to be Captain any more, then fine, but I don't think that is the case at all.

Messier was an egomaniac, which is why he accepted (demanded?) the C when he came here. Doan has too much class for that. He would be a leader whether he has a letter on his chest or not.

Believe it or not Trevor Linden himself handed the C down to Messier, because of the career Messier already had which was pretty impressive. Although Trevor should of known better for what Messier did to him in the 94 playoffs, but unfortunately this is the type of guy Trevor Linden was, if he felt someone older deserved the C he would hand it down to them, this one was just his biggest mistake and even Trevor has admitted to that.

Linden initially gave up the team captaincy to Messier out of respect, but later regretted the move as he felt that Messier's invasion of the dressing room was hostile
http://en.wikipedia....i/Trevor_Linden

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#132 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,472 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

I have no idea why I bothered reading this thread.

Pineapple_jumps.gif9rpqmc.jpgPineapple_jumps.gif

Thanks to Blueberries for the awesome sig!

#133 'NucKô

'NucKô

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

:unsure: umm can we delete this thread so other people cant see it?

henrik is the captain here..
Posted Image

#134 'NucKô

'NucKô

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:21 AM

youre right.. we do need a minus button.

Edited by 'NucKô, 10 July 2012 - 01:21 AM.

Posted Image

#135 steviewonder20

steviewonder20

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:33 AM

Henrik is a great player its just he doesn't have the 'it' factor to be a Captain. By giving the Captaincy to Shane Doan it might benefit the team because it would put less pressure on Henrik. This means he could focus on scoring. Everyone knows Henrik isn't the most vocal leader. Shane Doan is Canadian and I kind of compare him to Trevor Linden. A player who was born to lead a team.

If we get Doan I want him to become our new Captain. And its not like the organization hasn't changed captains before i.e Luongo

He's not even a Canuck and you are already naming him our captain. Sorry, but this is pretty lame.

#136 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

If we do manage to sign Doan I say why not? He's a good Canadain kid and definitely has great leadership skills. It'll take the media focus off of Sedin letting him just concentrate on his game.

I've said it from the get go that Sedin just isn't vocal or emotional enough to carry the C and get the team going when neccesary.

wmmkuv.jpg

#137 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

Ahh the long dog days of summer....................

#138 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,877 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

All you had to do was see the way Doan stared Brown down after Doan outmuscled him to know who should be captain of the Canucks. Doan wants the CUP and will do what it takes to get it. Take the pressure off the Twins. Hank should offer the 'C' to Doan.

The biggest benefit signing this guy will be his prepping of Kesler to take over the 'C' when he hangs them up.

You mean he wouldn't do that without the C?
Posted Image

#139 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,877 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

Believe it or not Trevor Linden himself handed the C down to Messier, because of the career Messier already had which was pretty impressive. Although Trevor should of known better for what Messier did to him in the 94 playoffs, but unfortunately this is the type of guy Trevor Linden was, if he felt someone older deserved the C he would hand it down to them, this one was just his biggest mistake and even Trevor has admitted to that.

Then why didn't he do it as soon as Messier showed up?
Posted Image

#140 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,877 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

Doan would still be a leader on this club even without the 'C' on his jersey. Hank has been a canuck for his entire career and is an elite player; no way he would be asked to give it up.

No way. That letter is magical. Without it Doan has no superpowers to lead. :lol:
Posted Image

#141 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

And Messier should have refused it out of respect for Linden and the organization. Instead he was a giant egomaniac who eagerly accepted it.

As it turned out, both men would take the decision back if they could. I believe became a blue print for all others who followed going to other teams and disrupting the chemistry.

It would be akin to Ray Bourque going to Colorado and getting the 'C' from Joe Sakic because he had seniority in the league.
Posted Image

#142 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

If it takes making Doan the captain and giving him #19 then get it done. Naslund was a somewhat useless captain anyway. Much more respect is due Sedin but time for a revamp of what the Canucks mean and how to achieve a CUP. Sedin has never been a type to grab the iniative if he had then Kesler and Burrows would not have found the disaster they did when they came to the team. Being a leading offensive power does not equate to effective leadership. Ask LA and their captain Dustin Brown.

You need a captain who is prepared to look opposing players in the eye and clearly show them that the CUP will be ours. No more turning the other cheek and all that BS. The window is closing and DOan would be a key piece to making it happen in Vancouver.

#143 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

Two days of sun and Vancouverites already suffering heat stroke.

LOL!

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#144 mygame

mygame

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

:picard: :sadno:

#145 RXnucks975

RXnucks975

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

hahaha yes lets make Doan the captain and force the Sedin's out and alienate Kesler and tick off the rest of the roster who show loyalty to their Captain and best players Henrik and Daniel Sedin. I think that it worked well in 97 with Messier and Linden and I think it will work this time around too!!!

#146 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,380 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Anyone remember the last time we signed a "proven leader" and had him strip the C from our existing captain? How did that work out again?
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

#147 RXnucks975

RXnucks975

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

If it takes making Doan the captain and giving him #19 then get it done. Naslund was a somewhat useless captain anyway. Much more respect is due Sedin but time for a revamp of what the Canucks mean and how to achieve a CUP. Sedin has never been a type to grab the iniative if he had then Kesler and Burrows would not have found the disaster they did when they came to the team. Being a leading offensive power does not equate to effective leadership. Ask LA and their captain Dustin Brown.

You need a captain who is prepared to look opposing players in the eye and clearly show them that the CUP will be ours. No more turning the other cheek and all that BS. The window is closing and DOan would be a key piece to making it happen in Vancouver.

Soooo do we want everyone to lose respect for the organization? Retire #'s one year and then change our mind the next year? Honestly I don't think Doan has done enough in his career to earn Nazzy's # and Henrik's C. Both did so much for this Franchise, and just because Swedes aren't as vocal as Canadian or American leaders doesn't mean that they don't have an effective of leadership style, look at Lidstrom.

Sign Doan, that would be awesome, but don't ruin the integrity of the Franchise for a guy who's usually 60 point guy. Granted we need that, but not if you lose the respect of the team

Edited by RXnucks975, 10 July 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#148 Cody9

Cody9

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Do you have any clue what you just wrote? USELESS post is how I'd describe this.

#149 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

Soooo do we want everyone to lose respect for the organization? Retire #'s one year and then change our mind the next year? Honestly I don't think Doan has done enough in his career to earn Nazzy's # and Henrik's C. Both did so much for this Franchise, and just because Swedes aren't as vocal as Canadian or American leaders doesn't mean that they don't have an effective of leadership style, look at Lidstrom.

Sign Doan, that would be awesome, but don't ruin the integrity of the Franchise for a guy who's usually 60 point guy. Granted we need that, but not if you lose the respect of the team

Last time I looked Lidstrom never played for the Canucks. Doan would be an excellent mentor for Kesler. Season after season drifts by in 'feel good land' while other teams win CUPS. I don't believe I am disrespecting the Twins. In actual fact acquiring Doan would place them on the cusp of winning a CUP. If in fact it takes team play to achieve SC victory then what has been happening in Van has not been successful. The Twins have another 4 years of top level play so their time is now.

#150 Hedman

Hedman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Doan won't be captain for this team as long as the Sedins are here, i can guarantee you that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.