The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Children’s OxyContin Trial Underway

DarthNinja

Once again, better reading comprehension would serve you well. Nowhere did I say children "might be sensitive to these drugs". It is a well known fact in the medical community that children's bodies break down and process some drugs much differently than adult bodies do. As I said it several times, you obviously were too busy putting words in my mouth that I didn't say to process it. Apparently actual written words can suffer the same fate as some drugs do in breaking down and processing in some people's brains the way some drugs can do in children.

Yeah, I don't really like it when people discuss something they don't really know nothing about. Unless Bertuzzi Babe has an MD, or PharmD or has taken some pharmacology courses and has worked in the big pharma, she shouldn't be misleading other people. There are other alternatives to treat pain other than taking narcotic-analgesic such as oxycodone.

Or maybe you need better writing skills. If you wrote clearly, people wouldn't be that confused with your original post and you wouldn't keep referring people to read your original post. Either everyone here has poor reading comprehension or your post just isn't clear on what your stance on this drug is.

I don't care, I just want you (bunch) to leave

Hopefully "oh obtuse one" is considered condescending enough and vaguely insulting enough (without being an "name calling" in the traditional sense) that the mods will act on it!

Fingers are crossed!

Now isn't that interesting........and I've been waiting for this comment, actually. There have been plenty of people who have had no difficulty at all in understanding the points and tone in my original post. It just seems to be a select few who are having this problem. Many people have commented privately via PM, not wishing to be targeted by a certain segment of users posting in this thread. And how sad is that? That people won't post their agreement or comment due to others being referred to as 'morons' or 'idiots', or having their character or credentials called into question.....kinda defeats the purpose of a thread, wouldn't you say?

Unfortunately for some, I don't back down from bullying tactics and there is nothing I have said in this thread (save a comment about abject stupidity) that I would take back or can be reported and sanctioned for. Where this thread went off topic originally was due to someone else launching a personal attack which had nothing to do with the thread topic.

So no, my original post will not be amended in any way. If people cannot understand it then perhaps they need to brush up on their reading skills.

When have I bullied anyone?? If anything, you have been more condescending to me when you repeatedly question my reading comprehension. I also don't back down from bullies when they keep coming back at me and attacking my posts when I have been posting facts relevant to this thread. I guess am not a doctor like you and I might have to go back to university and take the 4th year English courses, since your posts maybe only understood by English profs. Maybe you should talk to my 1st year English prof at SFU and ask him why I received a B+ in English 199.

Archived