Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Dave Bolland? Hell no/yes!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
347 replies to this topic

#331 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

No you dont understand quite yet... Bolland will NEVER be a Canuck...

FYI: Its pretty easy for your agent to slap your name on a golf tournament to build up your image while you shoot a few rounds with your buddies... what a role model that Bolland is...

blows my mind how much an alleged "fan" will keep going to bat for Dave Bolland :sadno:

How do you know that Bolland "slaps his name" on this fundraiser? Are you privy to the inner workings of the Blackhawks charities? You continue to slag a player because he made some cheeky comments on the radio about the Sedins and Vancouver. He apologized. Get over it.

I'm not "going to bat" for Bolland. I am just trying to present facts instead of simply ripping guys for the sake of ripping them.

The thread was about Bolland helping the Canucks. I think he is a very good hockey player. I think he would help and you think he wouldn't. I'm OK with that, dude. :)

:towel: :canucks:

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

#332 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Fair enough, as long as you admit (which you did) that it isn't just the Canucks who do it occasionally.

Totally, Moonshinefe! There's plenty of cheating going on on a too regular basis these days and it certainly isn't just the Canucks!

#333 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

How do you know that Bolland "slaps his name" on this fundraiser? Are you privy to the inner workings of the Blackhawks charities? You continue to slag a player because he made some cheeky comments on the radio about the Sedins and Vancouver. He apologized. Get over it.

I'm not "going to bat" for Bolland. I am just trying to present facts instead of simply ripping guys for the sake of ripping them.

The thread was about Bolland helping the Canucks. I think he is a very good hockey player. I think he would help and you think he wouldn't. I'm OK with that, dude. :)

I don't know man Bolland in blue and green just does not process for me... :frantic:
Posted Image

#334 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

I don't know man Bolland in blue and green just does not process for me... :frantic:

It would be tough to wrap my head around it, too, but chances of it happening are pretty slim.

Sure would add some nice depth at centre, though. Bolland and Hjalmersson would work for me in a deal for Lu that would help both teams.

#335 burrows101

burrows101

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

It would be tough to wrap my head around it, too, but chances of it happening are pretty slim.

Sure would add some nice depth at centre, though. Bolland and Hjalmersson would work for me in a deal for Lu that would help both teams.

:towel: :canucks: I know the teams we are working with to make a trade happen with LU r only 2 or 3.... not much to choose from... I would say just try to get Picks for LU and try to land a 3rd line center somewhere else....

#336 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

Did Bure ever come back? Would he have come back? Did Lindros put on the Nords jersey and play for them the following season?

Players hold grudges, not all players, but don't think for a second that all hockey players are saints because nothing is further from the truth.

Dan Hamhuis got beat up by Burrows the year before signing with Vancouver.
He certainly didn't seem to hold a grudge, and was more than willing to sign here.

http://www.hockeyfig...om/fights/93153

Us not wanting Dave Bolland would be like Hawks fans saying they don't want Burrows.

Edited by Kack Zassian, 16 July 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#337 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

May wasn't the main person though, it was Bertuzzi, and I don't remember that injury thing, but it was probably not that big of a deal either.

Both cases weren't a huge deal, (May wasn't the main guy so that's why, if he did it it would have been a different story) so it's not really a fair comparison. There was never really the same hate for each player like there is for Marchand and Bolland.

Like I said, there are just some players that your organization hates, and we have seen this throughout history, and that's the same case here.

I agree with what BUREV has been saying.

May was still involved in the incident, and obviously there was a lot of bad blood between the 2 teams.
It didn't stop him from signing with the Av's.

As for the Morrison incident (http://www.torontosu...8/17542356.html)
he obviously was less than impressed with a few different blackhawks on the incident. He called them immature, etc and ended up playing for them.

They are pros... its their job.

#338 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Let me use an analogy here. You come catch your handyman banging your wife....you and her work things out stay together. 2 years later that same handyman wants to rent a room in your house. Are you saying you would do it because the house would stay in better shape?

Some things are unforgivable...I would hope the Canucks organization would have a little more dignity than that

Let me use a better analogy.

You are a salesman at a Honda (Vancouver) dealership. Your rival Nissan dealership has been more successful than you over the past few years (Chicago).

One of the Nissan salesmen has been stealing clients for years, and has been advocating that Nissans are better than Hondas for the last few years.

The manager of the Honda dealership has an opportunity to hire that salesmen (lets call him Dave) from the Nissan dealership.

Do you think the employees at the Honda dealership would be unhappy bringing in a guy who would obviously yield positive results, despite a rocky past with the guy? They are professionals, this isn't high school.

#339 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

Dan Hamhuis got beat up by Burrows the year before signing with Vancouver.
He certainly didn't seem to hold a grudge, and was more than willing to sign here.

http://www.hockeyfig...om/fights/93153

Us not wanting Dave Bolland would be like Hawks fans saying they don't want Burrows.

Yes, yes, lots of players don't hold grudges, I was pointing out a few that did because the guy I was replying to seemed to think that there has never been a player in the NHL that has held a grudge.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#340 CanucskDominateOnceAgain

CanucskDominateOnceAgain

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! I would never want this guy on the canucks. I would take you up on that $1000 though.

#341 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:17 AM

May was still involved in the incident, and obviously there was a lot of bad blood between the 2 teams.
It didn't stop him from signing with the Av's.

As for the Morrison incident (http://www.torontosu...8/17542356.html)
he obviously was less than impressed with a few different blackhawks on the incident. He called them immature, etc and ended up playing for them.

They are pros... its their job.

Yeah but that's not nearly as bad as what Bolland has done.

Yeah that was classless, not surprisingly but that's like when Burrows and Hamhuis were fighting then Hammer signed here and now there friends, it's not a huge deal, trash talking happens on the ice, B-mo just went to the media and talked about it, alot worse stuff has been said that doesn't get spread in the media.

This is very minor as a opposted to getting Bolland, it's not really a good example, as I said it would be like if Claude Lemeiux joined the Wings the offseason after smashing Draper's face into the boards, it wouldn't happen.

And thankfully Bolland won't come here.

zackass.png

#342 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,640 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Yeah but that's not nearly as bad as what Bolland has done.

Yeah that was classless, not surprisingly but that's like when Burrows and Hamhuis were fighting then Hammer signed here and now there friends, it's not a huge deal, trash talking happens on the ice, B-mo just went to the media and talked about it, alot worse stuff has been said that doesn't get spread in the media.

This is very minor as a opposted to getting Bolland, it's not really a good example, as I said it would be like if Claude Lemeiux joined the Wings the offseason after smashing Draper's face into the boards, it wouldn't happen.

And thankfully Bolland won't come here.

You've got it backwards. What Bolland did was very minor, compared to what Lemieux did. And guess what? Lemieux and Darren McCarty have gotten together on OTR to talk about that incident. Both expressed respect for each other, one for standing up for his teammate, the other for taking ownership of the act and showing up for a fight that he knew he was going to lose.

The entire thing was very civil and they shook hands afterward.

You are likely correct when you state that Bolland won't be coming to Vancouver, but it will be because both teams will be reluctant to help out a conference rival, not because of some schoolyard-like war of words.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#343 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

You've got it backwards. What Bolland did was very minor, compared to what Lemieux did. And guess what? Lemieux and Darren McCarty have gotten together on OTR to talk about that incident. Both expressed respect for each other, one for standing up for his teammate, the other for taking ownership of the act and showing up for a fight that he knew he was going to lose.

The entire thing was very civil and they shook hands afterward.

You are likely correct when you state that Bolland won't be coming to Vancouver, but it will be because both teams will be reluctant to help out a conference rival, not because of some schoolyard-like war of words.

How do I have it backwards? I was saying the B-mo incident was nothing.

Us and Chicago are bitter rivals, just like Detroit and Colorado were, and Bolland is one of the main guys like like Lemeiux was one of the main guys that the wings really despised.

And your missing the point with your OTR example.

I'm saying Bolland joining us now would be like if Lemeiux had joined the Wings after the Draper incident, it wouldn't happen.

Of course there going to be okay now, when our players become old and retire they will be fine with the current hawks players aswell, but for right now we hate them, and they hate us, just like Avs and Wings hated eachother.

zackass.png

#344 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

I'm going to go with no to Bolland.

Why are we even discussing a third liner return for Luongo? Shoot for the stars guys.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#345 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

I'm going to go with no to Bolland.

Why are we even discussing a third liner return for Luongo? Shoot for the stars guys.

Part of a package, I'm sure, Ossi. Not straight up.

#346 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

I can't believe his name is a title topic on CDC, that's just bad enough major fail :picard:

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#347 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,640 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

I'm saying Bolland joining us now would be like if Lemeiux had joined the Wings after the Draper incident, it wouldn't happen.

And I'm saying it would be nothing like it. Bolland trash talked the twins in the media. Lemieux broke half the bones in Draper's face causing a career-threatening injury.

Not comparable at all, IMHO.

Edit: And the OTR example is used to show that if rivals can put something like the Lemieux-Draper incident behind them, getting past some bad-mouthing can be done easily.

Edited by RUPERTKBD, 17 July 2012 - 01:56 PM.

Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#348 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

And I'm saying it would be nothing like it. Bolland trash talked the twins in the media. Lemieux broke half the bones in Draper's face causing a career-threatening injury.

Not comparable at all, IMHO.

Yeah that particular event is much worse, I can't argue that.

But we have hated Bolland for a long time and not just for that, with the Col/Det thing, the Lemeiux hit started the whole thing, Bolland just added fuel to an already raging fire.

So even though the particular events are that bad I think it's safe to say we hate him and all the Hawks just as much as Det hated Lemeiux and the Avs.

Edit: And the OTR example is used to show that if rivals can put something like the Lemieux-Draper incident behind them, getting past some bad-mouthing can be done easily.

Yes but it's usually a long time after the dust settles, like it was here.

There's no chance they would have played together on the same team during that rivalry like it's being proposed to here with Bolland.

Once all the players in this rivalry retire im sure everyone will put it behind them like Lemeiux and McCarthy did, It's not really a rare thing, it happens alot.

zackass.png

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.