The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dave Bolland? Hell no/yes!

burrows101

What if it turns out that Bolland is the missing piece from our roster?

We don't have many players that play well in the playoffs, and Bolland has proven to be a very effective playoff player.

What if we go on to win the cup with Bolland and he plays a significant role?

I also don't think many people think a 1 for 1 deal would occur. We could see another pieces added in in all likelihood

Why not get someone else other than Bolland?

Then we don't deal with Chicago and give them the piece they need, plus Gillis wouldn't take him he wants character players.

Honestly if they could take us to game 7 with Crawford then I think they could beat us with Luongo.

Why not get someone else other than Bolland?

Then we don't deal with Chicago and give them the piece they need, plus Gillis wouldn't take him he wants character players.

Honestly if they could take us to game 7 with Crawford then I think they could beat us with Luongo.

Precisely. They're still (one of) our biggest hurdles. I would much rather make a modest gain with few losses instead of a bigger gain with an even more potentially destructive loss. It's the net difference that's key.

I've always been more fond of the idea of making sneaky, low risk, under the radar type of moves. It worked when we acquired Higgins and Lapierre - that sort of thing is what will help you to a cup. Not helping your sworn enemies...

Yeah well if they offer something really good then I might do it but it would have to be something good that would put us over the top.

And they won't get Kipper unless they overpay big time because Calgary is stupid and wants to make the playoffs and there's no chance they won't without Kipper. So the deal would have to be really good.

And Minnesota is probably in the same boat as us, but I think Backstrom is overrated so I don't think he would be much of an upgrade. Doubtful he's the goalie they need to take them to the cup.

Yeah there are others, and they we wouldn't have to help out our biggest rival, and make them a top contender.

Well if they get Luongo & stay healthy + play the way they can, and we don't get Eliminated odds are we will face at some point.

Burrows - Bolland - Kassian

That would be a crazy third line. Every star player will want to kick Bolland and Burrows' asses but they'll have to go through Kassian.

It's like Marchand/Peverley/Kelly in Boston. They run around and agitate, letting Lucic handle the repercussions.

If Calgary is going to miss the playoffs, or even if Minnesota falters both could become expendable.

Or maybe they become free agents next year, and Chicago signs one, while giving up no assets.

Chicago can upgrade their goaltending whether its through a deal with us or not.

If both teams improve, and can make a hockey trade they should do it.

I don't see Toronto/Florida having an expendable roster player who would help us as much as Bolland would.

If Chicago is offering the best deal of any team, then MG will look to get the best return for Luongo. His job is to make this team as good as possible, and if a Bolland trade does that then that is the avenue he should pursue.

Archived