The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dave Bolland? Hell no/yes!

burrows101

Would be nice to have him shutdown and agitate other teams top players. Imagine Marchand vs Bolland, that would be sick.

How about Luongo, a pick, and Schroeder for Saad and Bolland

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian(hopefully)

Higgins-Bolland-Hansen

Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise/Pinizzotto

If Malhotra and Kesler come back to form we'd have two second lines, one high end and the other low end, and an average third line as our fourth.

I think there would be some hesitation trading for Bolland in a deal but his comments on the radio are just g rated stuff that anybody can get past , Players say 10 x more hurtful things on the ice then the twin sharing a bunk bed

You just keep thinking that....

Did Bure ever come back? Would he have come back? Did Lindros put on the Nords jersey and play for them the following season?

Players hold grudges, not all players, but don't think for a second that all hockey players are saints because nothing is further from the truth.

Gillis has said in interviews before he expects players coming in to have a VERY high level of character both on and off the ice. He also stated he asks players around the dressing room about their attitude on potential people coming in before making his decisions.

Terrible analogy. Bolland is guilty of trash talking, not anything close to adultery.

Funny thing is, we had this exact conversation a few years back concerning Andrew Ladd when he was a 'Hawk. (and had just finished beating up a trash talking Ryan Kesler)

The sentiment on CDC towards Ladd was virtually identical to what we see in this thread towards Bolland. I wonder how many people would be okay with Ladd being a Canuck now? I certainly would, just as I would have back when he was in Chicago.

As I and others in this thread have already noted, these are professional athletes, not schoolchildren. They will put aside past slights if a player can help them achieve their ultimate goal.

Bolland can.

Holding grudges and "hating" other people / players is waste of freakin' energy that could be used for something productive, like scoring a goal or checking a guy into submission or making a new social connection.

I played sports at a Provincial level for many years. While representing BC, I played with kids from all over the province. All of these kids were opponents at some time or another. All I can say is that we learned to play together because we wanted to be Canadian Champions. We came together to fight for a common goal and we learned to like each other and enjoy one another's company.

After the competition, we went back to our respective clubs and continued to play hard against our provincial teammates until the next time we gathered to play together.

NHL players are capable of putting things behind them for the better of the team, too, because they are adults, not temperamental, inexperienced teenagers.

:towel: :canucks:yep yep....here here.....exactly what he said!!!!

Archived