The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why do you think I said: 'Even though there's an archive...'????????????? I said that - again - just so I wouldn't have to write this bloody paragraph!

Oh, and the archive I mentioned ISN'T ON CANUCKS.COM! That's an important distinction! Every thread here disappears quickly - and you have to go to an outside archive to find them (I forget what it is here, roughly three months before posts disappear from Canucks.com forever). That makes it the bloody textbook definition of transitory....

Why am I even arguing with people who aren't smart enough to understand what I'm saying??? I've had to post multiple dictionary definitions for christ-sakes! I've never argued with people who don't even understand common English words before. It's ludicrous... I should never be able to prove people wrong by posting a dictionary definition (it should be MUCH harder than that)!

Isn't it interesting how people keep personally-attacking me here - yet there's not a single valid argument against anything I've said (you'll recall, I absolutely destroyed all ten points from the only person who tried).

When Einstein discovered the theory of relativity, a group of detractors published a book called '100 Authors Against Einstein' - in which they absolutely trashed the man (just like here, they were all wrong, and the lone man was right).

Well, old Einstein had the perfect comeback and absolutely destroyed their argument with just one sentence:

'If I were wrong, one would have sufficed...'

Same here. If I were wrong, you'd be able to point out how I'm wrong - and wouldn't have to resort to nothing but personal attacks...

Isn't it interesting how people keep personally-attacking me here - yet there's not a single valid argument against anything I've said (you'll recall, I absolutely destroyed all ten points from the only person who tried).

When Einstein discovered the theory of relativity, a group of detractors published a book called '100 Authors Against Einstein' - in which they absolutely trashed the man (just like here, they were all wrong, and the lone man was right).

Well, old Einstein had the perfect comeback and absolutely destroyed their argument with just one sentence:

Same here. If I were wrong, you'd be able to point out how I'm wrong - and wouldn't have to resort to nothing but personal attacks...

Lol.. Eklund has it that there is a 0% chance Doan comes to the Canucks on his rumor chart... I didn't pay anything, but it is the first one on the page, so we can see it... Coyotes 25%, Penguins 20%, Kings Sharks & Canadiens 15% each, and Flyers 10%..

Eklund is a moron..

Lol.. Eklund has it that there is a 0% chance Doan comes to the Canucks on his rumor chart... I didn't pay anything, but it is the first one on the page, so we can see it... Coyotes 25%, Penguins 20%, Kings Sharks & Canadiens 15% each, and Flyers 10%..

Eklund is a moron..

It's funny... You guys keep slandering me, but you obviously don't remember...

1. I was the guy who started the massive 'Why aren't we talking about firing Nonis' thread - which gave a long list of reasons why Nonis was utterly incompetent to run an NHL team (and, if you remember that thread, I actually praised Nonis for his early moves - incl. the Luongo trade - so isn't it interesting you guys are calling me a Luongo hater without doing your research). In the dozens or hundreds of pages in that thread, it was the same as this thread - 100% of people here were against me. Everyone flamed me, and told me how little I knew about hockey. Personal attacks, etc... But, who was right in the end??? Right. I was. 100% right. And, everyone here was 100% wrong. And, a month or so later, the Canucks' owner agreed with me and canned that incompetent hack...

2. I was the only person on this board who supported Alex Burrows in his second season (when he didn't even break 10 points). Everyone flame me, and told me how little I knew about hockey. I said he would be a first-line offensive star one day. 100% of CDC'ers disagreed. Again, who ended up being right??? Me.

3. Allow me to draw your attention to my signature. You'll also notice that I posted that BEFORE Mike Gillis had GM'd even one single NHL game in his entire career (and, remember #1 - all of you disagreed with me). Again, who ended up being right??? And, I even called Grabner there too!

4. I could go on listing times I was right and everyone here was wrong. But, I'll just start with those...

Here, allow me to illustrate why everyone is personally attacking me (without proving me wrong in any way). It's because you guys CAN'T prove me wrong, so your only hope is to attack...

For instance, here's what I said that has you all up in arms:

1. Luongo is a prima donna. If you've followed Luongo's Canucks career - you can't argue with that. At all!

2. Luongo wasn't nice to management. Again, if you've followed his career - it's impossible to argue this point.

3. Luongo asked for a trade three games after being benched. Can't argue with this, as he did it on television.

4. Luongo asked for a trade - then is forcing us to ship him to basically a single team. Again, this has been reported in the press. Can't argue there. Although, granted, this is about the only that you could argue slightly (based on the veracity of those reports). But, it's likely you will be wrong...

5. Luongo's family never moved here. Again, you can't argue this, it's a well known fact that's been reported on in the press many times.

6. Luongo's performance declined the last couple years. Again, there's no possible argument here. It's easy to look up stats and see that Luongo's nowhere near as dominant a goaltender nowadays (you guys are ignoring the fact that your saviour just got supplanted by a freaking rookie!!! If Lu's so bloody good, how did a rookie steal his job???). It's been reported on endlessly in the press.

7. He's got a ridiculous contract. Yet again, there's no possible argument. Virtually every hockey writer in the other 29 NHL cities have run articles about how bad Lu's contract is.

8. Luongo's contract is designed to cheat the rules. Again, no possible argument. The contract OBVIOUSLY was intended to circumvent salary-cap rules. Again, all 29 other cities have written about this.

9. Luongo made his trade request public. Yet again, there's no possible argument here. He did it on television.

10. Luongo made his trade request three games after he lost the starter's job. Again, no possible argument you can make. It happened on television. It's a fact.

So, there you have it. There is no possible arguments you guys can make. But, you don't like what I have to say (even though ALL TEN POINTS ARE OBJECTIVELY TRUE), so you personally attack me...

And, you all think you guys are the honourable ones! It's hilarious!

Here, allow me to illustrate why everyone is personally attacking me (without proving me wrong in any way). It's because you guys CAN'T prove me wrong, so your only hope is to attack...

1. Luongo is a prima donna. If you've followed Luongo's Canucks career - you can't argue with that. At all!

2. Luongo wasn't nice to management. Again, if you've followed his career - it's impossible to argue this point.

3. Luongo asked for a trade three games after being benched. Can't argue with this, as he did it on television.

4. Luongo asked for a trade - then is forcing us to ship him to basically a single team. Again, this has been reported in the press. Can't argue there. Although, granted, this is about the only that you could argue slightly (based on the veracity of those reports). But, it's likely you will be wrong...

5. Luongo's family never moved here. Again, you can't argue this, it's a well known fact that's been reported on in the press many times.

6. Luongo's performance declined the last couple years. Again, there's no possible argument here. It's easy to look up stats and see that Luongo's nowhere near as dominant a goaltender nowadays (you guys are ignoring the fact that your saviour just got supplanted by a freaking rookie!!! If Lu's so bloody good, how did a rookie steal his job???). It's been reported on endlessly in the press.

7. He's got a ridiculous contract. Yet again, there's no possible argument. Virtually every hockey writer in the other 29 NHL cities have run articles about how bad Lu's contract is.

8. Luongo's contract is designed to cheat the rules. Again, no possible argument. The contract OBVIOUSLY was intended to circumvent salary-cap rules. Again, all 29 other cities have written about this.

9. Luongo made his trade request public. Yet again, there's no possible argument here. He did it on television.

10. Luongo made his trade request three games after he lost the starter's job. Again, no possible argument you can make. It happened on television. It's a fact.

So, there you have it. There is no possible arguments you guys can make. But, you don't like what I have to say (even though ALL TEN POINTS ARE OBJECTIVELY TRUE), so you personally attack me...

And, you all think you guys are the honourable ones! It's hilarious!

The fact that you're saying giving the "C" to Roberto was just to "stroke his ego" alone makes you look stupid. Can you prove to us that that's the case and not just pure BS? Or at least convince us? Because most likely, the management saw captain qualities in him and therefore he became "captain".

Here, allow me to illustrate why everyone is personally attacking me (without proving me wrong in any way).  It's because you guys CAN'T prove me wrong, so your only hope is to attack...

1.  Luongo is a prima donna.  If you've followed Luongo's Canucks career - you can't argue with that.  At all!

2.  Luongo wasn't nice to management.  Again, if you've followed his career - it's impossible to argue this point.

3.  Luongo asked for a trade three games after being benched.  Can't argue with this, as he did it on television.

4.  Luongo asked for a trade - then is forcing us to ship him to basically a single team.  Again, this has been reported in the press.  Can't argue there.  Although, granted, this is about the only that you could argue slightly (based on the veracity of those reports).  But, it's likely you will be wrong...

5.  Luongo's family never moved here.  Again, you can't argue this, it's a well known fact that's been reported on in the press many times.

6.  Luongo's performance declined the last couple years.  Again, there's no possible argument here.  It's easy to look up stats and see that Luongo's nowhere near as dominant a goaltender nowadays (you guys are ignoring the fact that your saviour just got supplanted by a freaking rookie!!!  If Lu's so bloody good, how did a rookie steal his job???).  It's been reported on endlessly in the press.

7.  He's got a ridiculous contract.  Yet again, there's no possible argument.  Virtually every hockey writer in the other 29 NHL cities have run articles about how bad Lu's contract is.

8.  Luongo's contract is designed to cheat the rules.  Again, no possible argument.  The contract OBVIOUSLY was intended to circumvent salary-cap rules.  Again, all 29 other cities have written about this.

9.  Luongo made his trade request public.  Yet again, there's no possible argument here.  He did it on television.

10.  Luongo made his trade request three games after he lost the starter's job.  Again, no possible argument you can make.  It happened on television.  It's a fact.

So, there you have it.  There is no possible arguments you guys can make.  But, you don't like what I have to say (even though ALL TEN POINTS ARE OBJECTIVELY TRUE), so you personally attack me...

And, you all think you guys are the honourable ones!  It's hilarious!

Just to add on from earlier about Doan's negotiations with Phoenix. This also helps the Canucks.

I posted this in one of the other Doan threads as well.

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

UPDATE on Doan: Negotiations between him and #Coyotes NOT going according to plan. He is feeling low-balled by PHX+rltn w Jamison NOT great.

Source: #Coyotes have until the end of the week (TICK-TOCK) or Doan will start negotiations with other teams (6 team list prepared).

Preliminary reports on Doan's 6 teams list include #Habs #Pens#Canucks and #SJSharks. Unaware of other 2 teams.

Mentioned by sources as potential other teams on the list are #Oilers#Sabres #NHLJets and #Canes, but these are not confirmed.

One thing is certain (and this is info straight from Doan's agent) Shane prefers tradition,team history and chance to win the cup over $$$.

Doan also adamant about obtaining long term contract (4 years) as he wants this to be the last contract of his career. Prefers term over $$$

One thing that is certain now is that Shane Doan's future in Phoenix looks more grim than ever. #Coyotes

Sign him to the 4-year deal!!

Just to add on from earlier about Doan's negotiations with Phoenix. This also helps the Canucks.

I posted this in one of the other Doan threads as well.

UPDATE on Doan: Negotiations between him and #Coyotes NOT going according to plan. He is feeling low-balled by PHX+rltn w Jamison NOT great.

Source: #Coyotes have until the end of the week (TICK-TOCK) or Doan will start negotiations with other teams (6 team list prepared).

Preliminary reports on Doan's 6 teams list include #Habs #Pens#Canucks and #SJSharks. Unaware of other 2 teams.

Mentioned by sources as potential other teams on the list are #Oilers#Sabres #NHLJets and #Canes, but these are not confirmed.

One thing is certain (and this is info straight from Doan's agent) Shane prefers tradition,team history and chance to win the cup over $$$.

Doan also adamant about obtaining long term contract (4 years) as he wants this to be the last contract of his career. Prefers term over $$$

One thing that is certain now is that Shane Doan's future in Phoenix looks more grim than ever. #Coyotes

Sign him to the 4-year deal!!

Archived