The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Maxim Lapierre, one of the more under-rated players on the team

uber_pwnzor

The Canucks' fourth line center ended the season with 19 points (nine goals and ten assists) while playing all 82 games. His 244 hits ranks first in the team (Kevin Bieksa is second with 159) and eleventh in the entire league, he managed to do this while only playing 11:13 minutes per game, the only person who had less ice-time while playing more than 24 games was Dale Weise.

Lapierre got just above a minute’s worth of PK-ice time every game (seventh among forwards), he won more than half of all face offs he took. Lapierre ranked first on the team in penalty minutes, but only tenth in minor minutes. He is also one of the league’s best agitators.

And he does this making the least money on the team (not counting the rookies) at $1million a year.

To me he is one of the most under-rated players on the team, and I really hope Gillis signs him next year as well.

He had great chemistry with Burrows playing on the 1st line with Henrik when Daniel was injured. Showed he is capable of playing a much larger role in a pinch.

Great player when he keeps his mouth shut and just plays the game.

He's a great player for us... A great trade for him, and great signing by Gillis...

He reminds me of Hansen.. Hardworking, Loyal, Skillful, Speedy, Hits a lot, Can drop the gloves, Can put up some points, Has heart, Can play on any line, Can defend the against the league's top players... and Lappy wins a lot of Faceoffs.

Lappy (and Hansen) are great players to have on your team.. They can do it all, and do it well.

Lappy is a keeper.

No idea why the mgmt never kept together Lappy,Burr and Henrik.

Mgmt seemed to shuffle the lines to lose as that line was a killer.

What were they thinking shuffling the d pairs and Higgy and Lappy right as the playoffs began.

It seemed like mgmt. made the decision to lose because they blew it.

He's a great player for us... A great trade for him, and great signing by Gillis...

He reminds me of Hansen.. Hardworking, Loyal, Skillful, Speedy, Hits a lot, Can drop the gloves, Can put up some points, Has heart, Can play on any line, Can defend the against the league's top players... and Lappy wins a lot of Faceoffs.

Lappy (and Hansen) are great players to have on your team.. They can do it all, and do it well.

Agree that Lapierre is under rated. He's got size (6'2" 207), decent set wheels and pair of hands, still relatively young by pro sports standards (27), a good banger, and defensively responsible.

I believe he needs to be given more responsibilities (i.e., more PK time, more difficult shut down assignments, etc.) and he's shown that he can provide some offense when given the opportunity. But I share those who have concerns about his "antics" on the ice, though I would have to say that he's shown more maturity as a Canuck than as a Duck and Hab (and Rocket...I got a chance to see him play as a 17 year old for the Montreal Rocket...just imagine a tall, skinny, obnoxious kid running around the ice trying to hit and bother everyone and you have Lapierre as a pimply faced teenager playing in the Q...he was a beauty).

I'd love to see a line of Burrows LW -- Kesler C -- Lapierre RW for a sustained stretch. I remember a couple of games in 2011-2012 when they played as a trio, thinking that they looked pretty good. As long as they stuck to playing hockey, I can see this line being a dominating shut-down line that could deliver 60 goals and being a tough line to play against.

Archived