The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler possibly ready for season opener?

MistuhMan

Love how people are speculating what day he will return this soon after his surgery. We own't know until the day before if he is ready.

I for one think Kesler should sit out for October, even November if the team is playing well. No point in rushing a star foward back from injury if he can take the time off.

Love how people are speculating what day he will return this soon after his surgery. We own't know until the day before if he is ready.

I for one think Kesler should sit out for October, even November if the team is playing well. No point in rushing a star foward back from injury if he can take the time off.

I can see it now. Kesler opening night, in the press box, saying "I feel great. I am good to go, but CDC said no. I have to listen to them." The report was that he was healing faster than expected and he feels he can play on opening night. We don't have inside information on the matter, so if he is ready to play, he's good to go.

With the CBA issue, it's unlikely the season starts on time anyway. At least this stops the "Who replaces Kesler?" threads. So, in a week Suter, Nash and temporary second line center threads all die, excellent!

Well if the season starts late I don't see why not.

I hope they learned their lesson from last season though. Give him time to be 100% and build his strenght back up.

We don't need Kesler at 75% again.

No, Kesler should just take October off.

We don't play great in October anyways and we don't need him in the beginning of the season as much, as we would need him after December.

Please Kesler take your time and come back at 100% or at least 95%

Archived