The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Go for Doan now or wait for Iginla?

cmpunk

We have nothing that the Flames need.

I doubt we'll get Doan either.

The sooner we accept the team for what we have the sooner we'll all stop going crazy.

If something does change - then we'll be pleasantly suprised.

really wouldn't mind it if Doan signed here, I think with someone with those leadership credentials can really help keep the team in line and focused on winning rather than going back to stupid diving and complaining again. As well, he brings size, hitting, skill, play making to the 2nd line and I doubt that he would be one (as an ex-captain) to disrupt locker room chemistry but he can step in and do some leading to support Hank.

Really hope that MG can pull out the stops during his visit in the Canucks' facilities and reel in this big fish.

But are the chances not that good that we can land Iginla via trade or free agency? I don't see Iginla being the player that is just going to look at the money and go to a big market team for a chance to win. I think Iginla will want to play for a Canadian team. I don't see him going to a team like Philly, Pitts, Detroit or NY.

both would be a great addition. But I doubt it is going to happen.

it is a matter of cost vs profit. I think our GM is playing the business game, and not willing to spend too much to get he needs.... profit!!! Who care about cup, when you are making money...

both would be a great addition. But I doubt it is going to happen.

it is a matter of cost vs profit. I think our GM is playing the business game, and not willing to spend too much to get he needs.... profit!!! Who care about cup, when you are making money...

Calgary has ruined Iginla unfortunately. He will retire there probably and the Flames are so dumb, they would rather see Iggy retire then win. They will be in 9th place again at the trade deadline, not trade him, and they will finish in 10th, 3 points out of a playoff spot.

Archived