The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan is in Van today meeting with Canucks

Southpop45

We must adhere back to the topic at hand. Shane Doan's imminent signing with the Canucks for the 2012-2013 season. I can feel it. I can see Dustin Brown getting levelled in the corner by Doan or Kassian or Lapierre, or Edler......I am excited.

Burrows and the Sedins are in their 30s already, if we don't win within the next couple of years our window will be closing. The Canucks fans want a cup, which means MG is going to have to over pay for a piece or two to complete the puzzle. Yes, it'll look bad in a few years if we get Doan and we don't win a cup, but it's worth the risk.

And stop acting so high and mighty. It's pretty hilarious how everyone always comments on this site about how terrible "Canucks fans are", well guess what, you are one too! Sitting there making pretentious comments about other fans isn't impressing anyone.

I'm am a Canucks fan but I'm a hockey fan moreso. I actually participate in a lot of other hockey forums as well. And there is no forum that consistently turns on players as on these boards. Remember the whole Sundin saga where that was "our time and window" and people wanted MG to overpay saying we need him. Well now look at what they said about that with most people saying it was a stupid signing. Same thing with Lou when he first signed his contract and now everyone is throwing him under the bus.

I have my opinion of the fan base just like you have yours yet somehow that makes me pretentious and you somehow a saint to criticize me? Oh I see how that works. So if I feel someone is terrible that makes me pretentious but at the same time you who thinks I'm terrible for saying it makes you a saint.

I didn't call out a single person but in general we do have a terrible fan base that represent our team. Just look at how we treat our goalie. Look at the riots. Look at how we call for the head of the winningest coaching staff in Canucks history. Look at how we made it to the game seven of the Finals and many still say we are chockers and wanna blow up the team. Look at how the board turned on Kassian, a kid who doesn't even have a full season under his belt. Once again, my opinion of the fan base and if I am not the only one saying it like you said then maybe, just maybe there is some truth to it.

Archived