Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

Who cares?

Doubt Keith accepts te invitation.

Then you keep running over him till he does.

#92 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Easier to protect yourself in a fight vs 1 guy, with bare knuckles, then on open ice vs 5, with composite axes. Jus sayin.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 14 August 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#93 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

I would like to see Byron Bitz (re-sign), Volpatti , Pinnizzuto , Kassian and Bieksa match up first shift and just start throwing haymakers at BlackHawks.

Take out suspensions on Toews, Keith and Kane and send them to hospital.

Send a message to the League that our stars won't be gooned anymore unless you want to lose your own assets.

:lol:

#94 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

I would rather see us stepping up when the altercations take place. not after a seasons worth of humming and hawing the situation. Doesn't really matter who it is, unless it's nobody......thats a bad example to set!, and shows a complete lack of team unity.
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#95 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,011 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Sign some unknown and give him the task of showing Steve Moore that he got off easy.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#96 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

Frankly, i'd rather have one of our guys take out Toews for a few.

i really hope not

first of all toews is a really classy and good guy

secondly i dont want to take him out because that would make us look bad and dirty

i dont care that every team hates us as long as we do it clean not dirty

im all for kassian/bieksa/kesler/volpatti fighting him though

volpatti preferably :bigblush:

Posted Image

#97 kesler is the king

kesler is the king

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Burrows, Ballard, Lapierre, Booth, or Pinnizzotto. Keith wouldn't fight Kass or Bieksa

totally agree with you there...no way duncan keith fight bieksa...kassian hasn;'t really shown us what he can do, but i'm not so sure keith would fight him...bieksa would be sweet, but i doubt keith would do it. my guesses would be volpatti or ballard or lapierre...maybe weise...hopefully bieksa though..

#98 **Pavel4Life**

**Pavel4Life**

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

Burr.

Rematch from the fish hook, hair pull incident.
CFOO SIG FTW!

QUOTE (bugmo @ Jul 23 2009, 12:09 AM) And you are an idiot who can't see things for the way they are. It's people like you who make it seem okay for the canucks to have a non playoff making team every year. Gillis supporter go jump off the Patullo.

This was said to me and it makes me laugh everytime I read it.

#99 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

I truly hope that we didn't get Kassian to be a fighter. I hope that we got him because he is a gritty power forward with offensive skill.
Yes I would like to see Beiksa step up the physical play and that doe not mean fighting, it means I would like him to play a grittier game. Hopefully Garrison will be allowed to all out instead of this ' turn the other cheek' style that we have been playing. It doesn't work.
As far as Duncan Keith, I don't really want to see anyone pummel him, what I do want to see is a whole team that hits him every chance that they get.....don't hold back because he is a star player. If he doesn't play with respect, he shouldn't expect anything else coming at him. At the end of the season, I hope that he hates playing against the Canucks.

#100 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

Yeah cause remember last time we sent out some to start a fight with the guy who injured our star player? Ask Tod Bertuzzi how that worked out for him and the Canucks.

who cares
Posted Image

#101 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,011 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

At the end of the season, I hope that he is physically incapable of playing against anyone.

Fixed.

Edited by Number14, 14 August 2012 - 10:03 PM.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#102 canucks10271999

canucks10271999

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

daniel

#103 Sorcerer

Sorcerer

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

If there is a fight it will probably be a little thing that will end too quickly.

I would like to see him hit as hard as possible, within the rules, by everyone, every chance they get, every game.

Edited by Sorcerer, 14 August 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#104 canuck2379

canuck2379

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

guillaume desbiens

Loved watching him fight in the AHL.

#105 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,598 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

I'd like to see the whole team take him out.

Keith will not finish that game. He either gets into too many fights and gets kicked out, or we injure the shi*t out of him. Say what you want about being a "classy" team, it ended up in us losing to Boston. This is a huge opportunity for the Canucks to show the NHL that we aren't going to stand for this kind of stuff anymore and take out Keith.
Posted Image

#106 Gally

Gally

KJ's Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

Too bad hat game won't happen

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#107 BRAVEMAN91

BRAVEMAN91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

When the season gets underway and these teams do finally meet. I would prefer the Canucks just kick the crap out of the Hawks on the scoreboard. That is more important.

We have already played the revenge game once and it did not turn out well for the players involved and our team.
Posted Image

Follow Me on Twitter: @braveman91
Checkout my Canuck videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/braveman91

#108 Justin6Schultz

Justin6Schultz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

been there done that

Willie Mitchell looks like the very physical manifestation of Johnny Canuck in that pic you posted

#109 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

I would like to see Byron Bitz (re-sign), Volpatti , Pinnizzuto , Kassian and Bieksa match up first shift and just start throwing haymakers at BlackHawks.

Send a message to the League that our stars won't be gooned anymore unless you want to lose your own assets.

Congratulations! You win the moronic post of the day award. "Hypocricy". Google it. Learn something. Grow up.

#110 steve french

steve french

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

Congratulations! You win the moronic post of the day award. "Hypocricy". Google it. Learn something. Grow up.

I just got this page showing me results for "hypocrisy" instead of "hypocricy". What was I supposed to be seeing?

#111 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,505 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

Who will fight Keith Ballard?

Why ,that would be Duncan Keith as Ballard will have already thrown four to his face by the time he knows he is in a fight.

Our Keith trumps theirs-especially in the fair fight category.

#112 IMyMeMine

IMyMeMine

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

Nobody because Keith won't fight.

Exactly; it takes 2 to tango.

Actually, maybe....if we can get him riled up, like when he had to fight Burr xD.

Edited by IMyMeMine, 15 August 2012 - 01:31 AM.

#113 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:33 AM

Lol.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#114 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

My bet is nobody. Shoulda been dealt with long ago. This team is full of pansies.

TomBrady.jpg

#115 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong to want to see him bleed a little bit ( :

#116 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,756 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

I'd like to see AV pull a 'San Jose'. Game after wiener Eager hit Danny from behind, AV iced his tough guys on the 1st shift. Time to send out Kassian- Lappy - Weise and let Keith chose his fate.

#117 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

There won't be any premeditated fights against Keith. The Canucks don't play that way.

Agreed.

It is silly and immature to think that we are thinking of instigating a fight with Keith. These things should be instantaneous. As for going after their stars, how does that work?

This is a team with O'Donnell, Bollig, Montador, Seabrook, Brookbank, Mayers, Hossa, Carcillo, Bickell. Their team majors in guys over 220 lbs.

I find it ironic that many who are advocating some kind of Keith payback are also the guys who constantly mention players like Versteeg, Kadri etc.

We need a change of culture in our dressing room.
If a player is cheap shotted, the retribution should be instantaneous. If the Sedins are on the ice we do a quick change and push on Kassian and Volpatti in the next shift to sort the perpetrators out. But it has to happen as near as damn it "in the moment."
We shouldn't forget how hard these two can hit "legally."

Edited by Bodee, 15 August 2012 - 04:24 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#118 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:35 AM

Tag team showdown:
Hank and Dank VS. Keith and Bolland

seriously though....if they want to run at the sedins, and keith wont answer the bell....then everyone on our team targets kane.
hes little, and after edler wiped him out during the 3rd series, he was too scared to do anything.

until keith aswers for his cheapshot....kane is toast.
he will step up if thats the case.

Jeez man, it wasn't Kane who delivered the cheap shot why should he pay? Would you have liked to see Daniel "mangled" by LA just because Bitz wasn't fit enough to get his timing right.
Points on the board and answer cheapshots instantaneously is the only way to play these teams.

"This is a huge opportunity for the Canucks to show the NHL that we aren't going to stand for this kind of stuff anymore and take out Keith."

DUC the populist chameleon ..............is there no bandwagon you won't clamber up on?

"Hopefully Garrison will be allowed to all out instead of this ' turn the other cheek' style that we have been playing. It doesn't work."

We are talking about the Jason Garrison who we have just signed ..............right? The guy who has no history of pushback and was in fact pummelled by Manny some time back............Don't hold your breath on that one. Garrison is a decent hitter but has no history of dropping them..............part of my complaint about bring him here when it was announced.

Edited by Bodee, 15 August 2012 - 03:49 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#119 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

My bet is nobody. Shoulda been dealt with long ago. This team is full of pansies.

Yup, exactly.

And the worst part? I'm sure that Chicago is looking FORWARD to playing us again. In theory, they should be sh!tting themselves. But since we've only got a bunch of pests, rather than tough guys, other teams look forward to playing us.

Honestly, I'd bet that Duncan Keith has forgotten that he even did it. That's what happens when you've got a friendly team like the Canucks.

#120 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:05 AM

My guess is either Volpatti or nobody.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.