The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

What's wrong with the patriots haha, why on earth does everyone hate him??

My reasons go back 12 years. I pretty much started the trend.

Also, just read back through the last few pages. LOL good stuff.

NPF, that was low wishing Pollard to be a vegetable. Despite what you say, the guys gotta keep his head up. Different situation than a receiver after catching a pass. There is a reason you hear the phase "keep your head up" about 100 times at every youth football practice on every football field in North American. That was just stupid by him. Defenders going head first into tackles is an epidemic in the NFL if you ask me, but runners can protect themselves more with their head up. The responsibility is shared.

• Upvote 1

I don't have a horse in the race. There isn't any teams that I am really excited to see win. The only team that makes me really happy when the lose, no matter the year or situation, is the Patriots. I don't feel bad for one second when getting joy out of seeing that pouty lip on Brady's face.

:lol:

What's wrong with the patriots haha, why on earth does everyone hate him??

I'm a Jets fan, my dislike for them comes from natural rivalry. However, they have one of the biggest bandwagons in sports history. Boston fans are already the worst in the world.

NPF, that was low wishing Pollard to be a vegetable. Despite what you say, the guys gotta keep his head up. Different situation than a receiver after catching a pass. There is a reason you hear the phase "keep your head up" about 100 times at every youth football practice on every football field in North American. That was just stupid by him. Defenders going head first into tackles is an epidemic in the NFL if you ask me, but runners can protect themselves more with their head up. The responsibility is shared.

Look at my previous post, Ridley lowers his head first. No one ever complains when a RB lowers his head into the head of a defender. Dislike the double standard.

Sad day for me. I don't wish death/veggie status upon anyone either. Ravens obviously wanted it more. Congrats to them. You now get to play what is, IMO,an unstoppable juggernaut in San Fran.

I called it though at halftime. I told my wife, they're gonna come back and put the beatdown on us. First it was the absolutely horrendous clock management at the end of the half by Hernandez, then Brady himself. 3 points that cluld've been 7. Then of course, WELKER. Ohhh Wes. Such great regular season stats, then for the second eliminating game in a row, you drop a shoe-in for a first down, leading to the oppositions comeback. Wonder why WW has no rings. Maybe it's coincidence?

Anyways, was a good season. Great shootin the sh*t with you guys throughout the year. Will

Do again next year as I'm off on a much needed vacay and won't be around for the Super Bowl. Go Niners.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually wish that towards Polland. Just his anger speaking, or typing.

It's like when your mad at someone and you say I'm going to kill him, it's just your anger speaking.

Well sometimes it's better to not vocalize the crazy things being tossed around in your brain. Maybe his reaction is why a lot of people are happy the Patriots lose?

Edited by pimpcurtly

Why do people hate the Patriots??? Do you guys know those fans are the same annoying pieces of crap that cheer for the Boston Bruins???? Thats my reason to hate them, other than them fluking out last year in the AFC championship game against my Ravens, also, Tom Brady in a princess!

Why do people hate the Patriots??? Do you guys know those fans are the same annoying pieces of crap that cheer for the Boston Bruins???? Thats my reason to hate them, other than them fluking out last year in the AFC championship game against my Ravens, also, Tom Brady in a princess!

I'm a Pats fan and I'm also a Canucks fan, therefore, your logic is invalid.

Shame that we lost at home. Hoping Welker stays with us. Brady's got a good two seasons left until he retires.

Could only watch the 1st quarter because I wanted to beat the lines for the Canucks store sale for tonight's game and was at the game as well. Sad that we lost but I know for sure, if we make it back to the AFC Championship game again next season, there is no way, NO WAY in hell the Pats will lose that game.

Shame that we lost at home. Hoping Welker stays with us. Brady's got a good two seasons left until he retires.

Could only watch the 1st quarter because I wanted to beat the lines for the Canucks store sale for tonight's game and was at the game as well. Sad that we lost but I know for sure, if we make it back to the AFC Championship game again next season, there is no way, NO WAY in hell the Pats will lose that game.

Where have we heard that before?