The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G part 2 [ST.LOUIS AND TAMPA BAY OPEN!]

Patrick Kane

What's all the fuss? I chose him cause he is penciled in as a top 6 player on the Wings, and especially since Hudler left. Yea Brunnstrom and others didn't turn out quite well, but I don't know if you guys know, Detroit's scouting kicksass and it's by far the most dominant in the league. ...if he was signed by a team like Minnesota, I wouldn't have picked him this early for sure, as I don't trust Minnesota scouting, but when the leagues top scouting squad says ink this guy, I trust them for sure without doubt. Risky, somewhat, but looking at Detroit's depth chart, he is a sure top sixer on that team and being on a team as good as the Wings, I don't think it'll be hard for him to go on the scoresheet every now and then.

(...I'm sure you would've taken him round 20 lol :picard: ..)

What's all the fuss? I chose him cause he is penciled in as a top 6 player on the Wings, and especially since Hudler left. Yea Brunnstrom and others didn't turn out quite well, but I don't know if you guys know, Detroit's scouting kicksass and it's by far the most dominant in the league. ...if he was signed by a team like Minnesota, I wouldn't have picked him this early for sure, as I don't trust Minnesota scouting, but when the leagues top scouting squad says ink this guy, I trust them for sure without doubt. Risky, somewhat, but looking at Detroit's depth chart, he is a sure top sixer on that team and being on a team as good as the Wings, I don't think it'll be hard for him to go on the scoresheet every now and then.

I'd be surprised if Brunner even starts the season with the Red Wings given all the depth they have at forward. They have a ton of players in the system that can fill the void left by Hudler and I really wouldn't be banking on a relatively unknown player from the Swiss league stealing that open spot. He's good but who knows how ready he is for the North American game?

its not really about whether or not hes good, the fuss was about the timing of the pick, this is the 10th round and you've picked someone noone save for a few people know about. personally i didnt know who this guy was, and judging by the responses in the thread, neither did anyone else, so im sure you coulda snagged someone that wouldnt be here in rounds 15-20 an then pick damien in round 15-20 because frankly nobody knew who he was

its not really about whether or not hes good, the fuss was about the timing of the pick, this is the 10th round and you've picked someone noone save for a few people know about. personally i didnt know who this guy was, and judging by the responses in the thread, neither did anyone else, so im sure you coulda snagged someone that wouldnt be here in rounds 15-20 an then pick damien in round 15-20 because frankly nobody knew who he was

As Intoewsables mentioned, DET has players that can easily fill the departure of Hudler. Saying Brunner is guaranteed top 6 minutes is kind of far-fetched IMHO. Detroit has older, experienced NHL'ers that can fill in to Hudler's spot, what makes you think Detroit is going to just hand an unknown top 6 minutes? You know Detroit has good scouting, but you also forgot to mention Detroit doesn't just hand their players minutes so freely, especially when you've never played a game in North America.

Hell, Detroit has prospects that can replace Hudler's role.

Who cares if no one knows who he is that's not the point

Although I probably would not of picked this player considering what is still out there but he has a valid point about the red wings and there scouting talent

I mean if he does get top 6 minutes on a Detroit team this year he could be a decent pick

Yea they have depth, but it doesn't mean anything if those depth players are top 6's....its like the Canucks putting Bitz, a depth player, on the 2nd line...won't really turn out well. And just fyi, he is listed as Detroit's best 'prospect' atm.

Archived