Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hall-RNH-Simmonds
Wilson-Peverley-Silfverberg
King-Bjugstad-

Pitkanen-Myers
Erixon-Voynov
Hamilton

Price

Can I get some opinions on what some GM's think of my roster?

It's so old.....you should have gotten Lidstrom

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#2162 Ilya Kovalchuk.

Ilya Kovalchuk.

Fantasy Hockey Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Fehr better be careful for what he wishes for, otherwise I can see the owners just saying screw it, and cancelling the whole season. If Fehr wants to tinker this, tinker that, he better be careful, otherwise the owners will just backoff and look like the good guys while Fehr is the one who wanted more, more more. If Fehr does blow this deal though, the PA will now be getting heat, guarantee it.

I definitely agree. At this point, I think Gary Bettman has gave out a very fair proposal and like I said the ball is in NHLPA's court. They have to be careful with what they do here because like you said, it is a good chance the owners back off.

I think at this point, for the love of hockey and fans, this deal should very well be taken into considerations as being accepted as is. Very minor changes that really don't affect much is fine, but big changes could set off something.

Posted Image

#2163 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,344 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

It's so old.....you should have gotten Lidstrom

Make a god damn original joke you dud.

iM9vOuM.jpg

#2164 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

Make a god damn original joke you dud.

:frantic: Ohhhhh noooooo......the internet man is mad!!! What will I do :frantic: :frantic:

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#2165 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

I definitely agree. At this point, I think Gary Bettman has gave out a very fair proposal and like I said the ball is in NHLPA's court. They have to be careful with what they do here because like you said, it is a good chance the owners back off.

I think at this point, for the love of hockey and fans, this deal should very well be taken into considerations as being accepted as is. Very minor changes that really don't affect much is fine, but big changes could set off something.

Yup, all down to the PA now. They pretty much decide what happens with the season now, it's in their hands now. I think some things will be changed, but nothing drastic. PA has a little over a week to review it, and make some possible counteroffers on some issues, but if they don't accept, the owners just gained tons of support because either way, lockout or not, they're going to be the heroes out of this when they used a lockout as a threat in the first place.

Amazing how things can change so fast.

vykJJ.jpgk5COD.jpgxd8CQ.jpg

#2166 Ilya Kovalchuk.

Ilya Kovalchuk.

Fantasy Hockey Dog

• Members
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Yup, all down to the PA now. They pretty much decide what happens with the season now, it's in their hands now. I think some things will be changed, but nothing drastic. PA has a little over a week to review it, and make some possible counteroffers on some issues, but if they don't accept, the owners just gained tons of support because either way, lockout or not, they're going to be the heroes out of this when they used a lockout as a threat in the first place.

Amazing how things can change so fast.

Dregger tweeted that the PA had a conference call a little while ago discussing a counter offer. I don't know what to make of this as a part of thinks the counter proposal will be way off from the original offer.

This really did come out of no where, it would be in the best interest for everyone for the PA to take this deal imo.

Posted Image

#2167 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Initial reaction from players is not great. They still see themselves losing on revenue split and contract terms. Want more info on...

revenue-sharing formula. Also concerned about escrow for next year even with any losses guaranteed as a deferral.

Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns
Talked briefly again with #Blackhawks dman Steve Montador after NHLPA call, he said the NHL's new offer changes what makes up HRR again.

Thing is, the PA at least has something they can tinker and change now, where before there was nothing to go off of.

#2168 Ilya Kovalchuk.

Ilya Kovalchuk.

Fantasy Hockey Dog

• Members
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Initial reaction from players is not great. They still see themselves losing on revenue split and contract terms. Want more info on...

revenue-sharing formula. Also concerned about escrow for next year even with any losses guaranteed as a deferral.

Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns
Talked briefly again with #Blackhawks dman Steve Montador after NHLPA call, he said the NHL's new offer changes what makes up HRR again.

Thing is, the PA at least has something they can tinker and change now, where before there was nothing to go off of.

Yes, it is an excellent "starting" point, but I think the NHL proposed this wanting to get a deal done as close as possible to the original deal. You can't really even call it a starting deal as at this point it's fair.

Posted Image

#2169 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

Yes, it is an excellent "starting" point, but I think the NHL proposed this wanting to get a deal done as close as possible to the original deal. You can't really even call it a starting deal as at this point it's fair.

Still some questions to be answered and some things to be changed, but other then what the NHL offered, Fehr and the PA aren't going to change much. This is pretty much the NHL saying take it or leave it, lose a season, and have the fans turn against you guys.

#2170 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

This day has been a roller coaster of emotions for me.
Posted Image

#2171 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,683 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

How much information has been released about the NHL's offer? The 50-50 thing sounds great but there's a hell of a lot more that needs to be figured out. Wouldn't be surprised if this was just a tactic to shift public opinion since most people seem to be pretty angry with the owners this time around.

#2172 Gally

Gally

KJ's Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

How much information has been released about the NHL's offer? The 50-50 thing sounds great but there's a hell of a lot more that needs to be figured out. Wouldn't be surprised if this was just a tactic to shift public opinion since most people seem to be pretty angry with the owners this time around.

5 yr. max contracts and players like Redden cant be buried in the minors. No salary rollbacks. That's all I've heard.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#2173 AriGold

AriGold

Hairy Old

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC
One issue pointed out: Entry-level deals: 2yrs. Max contract: 5 yrs. No free agency until after 8 yrs. That really clamps on 2nd contracts.

Edited by SonsOfAnarchy, 16 October 2012 - 05:45 PM.

Hockey-Canada-Logo__2__large.png

#2174 Ilya Kovalchuk.

Ilya Kovalchuk.

Fantasy Hockey Dog

• Members
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Bruins select Todd Bertuzzi.

Posted Image

#2175 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,683 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

The Detroit Red Wings are proud to select David Savard!

Posted Image

#2176 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • 11,482 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

I don't think any animosity towards the owners after this offer, it's on the players at this point to get something done, this offer is more than fair.

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#2177 susraiders

susraiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Elliotte Friedman‏@FriedgeHNIC
One issue pointed out: Entry-level deals: 2yrs. Max contract: 5 yrs. No free agency until after 8 yrs. That really clamps on 2nd contracts.

I heard about this too, but from what I saw on sportsnet was that entry level contracts were still 3 years. And there is still no word on the Olympic situation either.

#2178 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Dallas Stars

Dustin Brown-Matt Duchene-Jakub Voracek
Mikkel Boedker-Martin Hanzal-Brett Connolly
Nino Niederreiter-Zack Smith-Andrew Cogliano

Alex Pietrangelo-Erik Johnson
Luca Sbisa-Tom Gilbert
Kris Russell

Corey Crawford

Thoughts guys and girls?
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#2179 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,344 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Dallas Stars

Dustin Brown-Matt Duchene-Jakub Voracek
Mikkel Boedker-Martin Hanzal-Brett Connolly
Nino Niederreiter-Zack Smith-Andrew Cogliano

Alex Pietrangelo-Erik Johnson
Luca Sbisa-Tom Gilbert
Kris Russell

Corey Crawford

Thoughts guys and girls?

Well it's better than your GML roster at least.

iM9vOuM.jpg

#2180 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Well it's better than your GML roster at least.

My team isnt great in gml but that is the best league with the best gms and it is very hard to improve!
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#2181 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,683 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

I don't think any animosity towards the owners after this offer, it's on the players at this point to get something done, this offer is more than fair.

That's my point. The majority of people are going to look at that offer and say that the players are at fault if this drags on any longer. Fact of the matter is, we don't know the entirety of the deal so focusing solely on the HRR split is pretty foolish, though likely what the owners want us to do.

For the record, I'm not really taking a side on the whole labour dispute (if anything, moreso on the owners side). Just wanted to throw out that it's not as simple as it looks.

#2182 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

After hearing players reactions to the offer, the optimism people once had, is quickly fading. PA thinks this is a starting point, and the NHL thinks this is a done deal offer. Both sides still far apart if this is the thought process of each side. Far apart, but at least both sides have something to work off of, but I can still see a lockout happening because if the PA doesn't agree to the NHL's offer by November 2nd, it screws Bettman's plans to start the season at that time, so they could very well just call it quits.

The 50/50 split looks good in general, but there is a ton of crap behind it, and how the owners can still come out on top even though it is 50/50. Can't wait for the fans to bash all the players on social media sites when this deal isn't accepted by Nov.2, as I'm eager to see players reactions as everyone was on their side.

Edited by Dave Bolland, 16 October 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#2183 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • 11,482 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

After hearing players reactions to the offer, the optimism people once had, is quickly fading. PA thinks this is a starting point, and the NHL thinks this is a done deal offer. Both sides still far apart if this is the thought process of each side. Far apart, but at least both sides have something to work off of, but I can still see a lockout happening because if the PA doesn't agree to the NHL's offer by November 2nd, it screws Bettman's plans to start the season at that time, so they could very well just call it quits.

The 50/50 split looks good in general, but there is a ton of crap behind it, and how the owners can still come out on top even though it is 50/50. Can't wait for the fans to bash all the players on social media sites when this deal isn't accepted by Nov.2, as I'm eager to see players reactions as everyone was on their side.

I am quite surprised at how poorly the players think of it to be honest.

I think it will be a fair response from fans though.. Bettman takes tonnes of heat for his decisions and maybe it's time for the players to feel the same thing.

Edited by OurTimeToShine, 16 October 2012 - 09:19 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#2184 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

I am quite surprised at how poorly the players think of it to be honest.

I think it will be a fair response from fans though.. Bettman takes tonnes of heat for his decisions and maybe it's time for the players to feel the same thing.

50/50 looks good, but the owners can still get more money via other ways in their offer, I think. I still think the NHL comes out as the good guys now, lockout or not.

#2185 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

50/50 looks good, but the owners can still get more money via other ways in their offer, I think. I still think the NHL comes out as the good guys now, lockout or not.

Agreed. As much as I hate Bettman, I don't see him as the enemy in this case

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#2186 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Assistant to Regional Manager

• Members
  • 14,415 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

Thoughts on mah roster?

Hossa - Backstrom - Parenteau
Wolski - Connolly - Franzen
Chimera - Ott - Neil
XXXXXX - Nyquist - XXXXXX

Carle - Shattenkirk
Tyutin - Brewer
XXXXX - XXXXX

Schneider
XXXXX

You will be missed.

#2187 Ilya Kovalchuk.

Ilya Kovalchuk.

Fantasy Hockey Dog

• Members
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Thoughts on mah roster?

Chimera - Ott - Neil

Carle - Shattenkirk
Tyutin - Brewer
XXXXX - XXXXX

Schneider
XXXXX

solid top six with some real point getters on your 3rd line. Ott and Neil combined will get you a tonne of points. Defense is solid, but pool points wise, I don't think Brewer would be an ideal top four, but solid group nonetheless. Schnieder is considered a starter but with Luongo not traded yet, we may very well see a split between Lu and Schnieds which would be a huge blow to your team and can cost it a few spots in the standings.

Top 7-8 team for sure, but depending on how the goalie situation goes, may very well drop to 11-12th.

Posted Image

#2188 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,683 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

Thoughts on mah roster?

Chimera - Ott - Neil

Carle - Shattenkirk
Tyutin - Brewer
XXXXX - XXXXX

Schneider
XXXXX

Hossa, Backstrom and Franzen are great pieces and your third line is going to produce a ton of points. Parenteau, Wolski and Connolly are all pretty risky and could go either way. Nyquist is a great prospect and might even produce well enough to be a top-6 forward this season.

Carle and Shattenkirk are solid players but Carle's contract is frightening and I'm not sure he's worth the money. Tyutin is good but I'm not a huge fan of Brewer in all honesty.

When Luongo gets moved, Schneider will likely be one of the best goalies fantasy wise assuming he can handle the starting role. Unfortunately for both of us, no one's really sure when that's going to happen haha.

In all, probably a top-10 team that could creep into the upper echelon depending on guys like Parenteau, Wolski, etc. Should definitely make some noise in the playoffs regardless of how high you finish.

#2189 CM Punk

CM Punk

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Justin Falk

E Kane - Skinner - Pacioretty
Clarkson - Granlund - Cole
Clutterbuck - Anisimov - R Jones

Garrison - Bouwmeester
Harrison - Boychuk
Falk

Ward
Enroth

3304diw.png

#2190 AriGold

AriGold

Hairy Old

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

lol nvm

Edited by SonsOfAnarchy, 17 October 2012 - 06:14 PM.

Hockey-Canada-Logo__2__large.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.