The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Giants thread

Rate this topic

TACIC

Yep I agree,, this team is a joke,,no improvement after a horrible season last year and off to another horrible start,,I just dont understand what happened to this team

You cant win with a bunch of midgets,,another last place finish coming up for the sad sack team of the WHL..what a let down.

Come on giants Atwal is better then sward and houck, and there 1-4-0-0

They will be 2-20-0-0 before long,,this team is horrible. another last place finish in the WHL coming up..bet on it..Im amazed Don Hay is keeping his job.

Lucic must be having nightmares.

They will be 2-20-0-0 before long,,this team is horrible. another last place finish in the WHL coming up..bet on it..Im amazed Don Hay is keeping his job.

Lucic must be having nightmares.

you and versace are idiots ... the team dominates for 10 years , and only now has to rebuild [ like every junior team does , since they lose there best players every year ] their rebuild will be more efficient then most , but why am I wasting my time writing to losers like you ??? you make it obvious that you know nothing about the game .. you belong together .

cant wait to quote you guys , so you look like even bigger fools within a couple years ..

• Upvote 1

you and versace are idiots ... the team dominates for 10 years , and only now has to rebuild [ like every junior team does , since they lose there best players every year ] their rebuild will be more efficient then most , but why am I wasting my time writing to losers like you ??? you make it obvious that you know nothing about the game .. you belong together .

cant wait to quote you guys , so you look like even bigger fools within a couple years ..

Nice talk mouthpiece, get a life,, I like the Giants alot , have for years,,,but this team has been rebuilding for 4-5 years now,you dont trade away all your size and toughness and replace it with small players, you build as you go, you dont wait till you become the worst team in the WHL and stay there,,you get a life tool if you cant see that,,take your insults elsewhere....

Edited by ShakyWalton

Shouldn't the team look at maybe trying to get another goalie? Payton Lee has an .857 Save Percentage. Seems like he's not keeping the team in the games. But I guess when Thrower is your only legit D-man what can you do?

I agree, Lee was brought along to quickly I think, he was their starting goalie at 16. Houck is getting over a concussion from the Flames camp,,but I think their troubles go alot deeper than that.

just hate people ripping on such a classy organization ...

I understand, they are classy and have had some very good seasons,, but they need to do something to turn this around..they know the problems and Bonner was very good at pulling some great deals,,just havent done anything lately..

They let this go much longer and this season will be done already.

Giants are 1-5 and scored 9 goals in 6 games , good for last place in the whole WHL, another great year coming up..look out Memorial Cup.

they will go to the memorial cup within the next 3 years .. this is what happens in a rebuild .. they know what they are doing

they will go to the memorial cup within the next 3 years .. this is what happens in a rebuild .. they know what they are doing

I wouldnt doubt they will see the memorial cup again,, they are trying to rebuild in time for when they host it..they have a way to go is what Im saying..

Edited by ShakyWalton

Not sure what goalies are available. I'm guessing a few but might be a high price. This past off season the Seattle Thunderbirds were eager to get a veteran goalie. Only one real serious chat that I'm aware of was with Kelowna for Cooke but the Rockets wanted the moon in return so to speak and Seattle wasn't willing to deal.