The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Will Be Our Game Changer?

RyanKeslord17

Kesler.

He is the one player who has the talent to play a big role, but also has the attributes of power and speed where you cannot simply trump him with certain physical match ups. Burrows gets honourable mention; a 185 lb version of Dustin Brown.

Unsung hero is Hamhuis, followed by Hansen and Higgins.

Enough of Doan already.

I watched a game yesterday where the Canucks beat Phoenix 5-0 in Phoenix ...............and I had to check to see if he was playing. There are going to be a hell of a lot of disappointed people on here if we pay BIG money for this guy.

And I agree with most in picking a fit Kesler and Burrouws. Raymond is NOT a game changer but when fit he does make things happen

I don't know if this team will win until it's clear who is steering the boat come playoff time. Just about every Cup champion has had that one player who willed their team through all four rounds (Brown, Toews, Malkin, Neidermeyer, Brind'Amour, Yzerman, Sakic, Forsberg, Messier, etc). A healthy Kesler might be that person. Maybe it's Doan, if he's coming here. It's not the Sedins, though. They'll be important pieces, but neither of them wear the cape in the Playoffs. It's not enough just to play really good hockey.

I don't know if this team will win until it's clear who is steering the boat come playoff time. Just about every Cup champion has had that one player who willed their team through all four rounds (Brown, Toews, Malkin, Neidermeyer, Brind'Amour, Yzerman, Sakic, Forsberg, Messier, etc). A healthy Kesler might be that person. Maybe it's Doan, if he's coming here. It's not the Sedins, though. They'll be important pieces, but neither of them wear the cape in the Playoffs. It's not enough just to play really good hockey.

Not too concerned about who our game changer is going to be. They all need to step up equally if we're going to go after the Cup.

On the other hand. If there's a lockout. Well...you've got yer game-changer right there. The NHL owners and league executives.

Archived