The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hit on a Canuck which angered you the most?

Jay86

The Marchand on Salo hit made me feel ill. I had soooo much outrage bottled up. It wasn't just the cheap shot, but also the fact it was on Salo who should have a serious amount of respect around the league.

AV said then (and it's the truth!) that Marchand will get it some day. Doesn't need to be a Canuck giving it...but...one day, someone will push back on this little puke. I don't want to see Bertuzzi 2.0 on him, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone really fed it to him.

The Marchand on Salo hit made me feel ill. I had soooo much outrage bottled up. It wasn't just the cheap shot, but also the fact it was on Salo who should have a serious amount of respect around the league.

AV said then (and it's the truth!) that Marchand will get it some day. Doesn't need to be a Canuck giving it...but...one day, someone will push back on this little puke. I don't want to see Bertuzzi 2.0 on him, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone really fed it to him.

Hmmm, I could be wrong. And the fact that nobody else remembers it the way I do probably speaks to that. However, I remember Smith chasing Bure (not that that was unusual) for the entire shift, finally getting his hands on Pavel as he rounded the net, and basically horse-collar tackling him from behind. Bure fell backwards, pinning his leg under him, as far as I remember. For years I hated Steve Smith as a result.

In fairness, I was a HUUUUUGE Bure fan, though, so my opinion of the hit would likely be different if it hadn't been my favourite player and also if I wasn't 15 at the time.

lol wut, it's not the same thing at all. The contact was made in a similar area yea, but that's not why one landed a suspension and the other didn't. It was the circumstance and intent of the hit, not so much how low he got. Mayray makes a pass and sees a known dirty player coming in to make a potentially high and borderline late hit, he says "oh snap" and avoided getting plastered the only way he could. That is self defence, a perfect example of what Marchand claimed he was doing. The hit on Salo was a race to the puck with no possession and that rat decided to cut him off and make like a bridge. Shanaban's explanation nailed it, for once.

Wow, you are blind by your homerism.

In either scenario, the player getting hit didn't have the puck. The only reason why Marchand got suspended was because Salo got injured (and I'm sure there was a lot of squaking from our management team). Had he have gotten up, like Marchand did, Shanahan wouldn't have even watched it twice.

Wow, you are blind by your homerism.

In either scenario, the player getting hit didn't have the puck. The only reason why Marchand got suspended was because Salo got injured (and I'm sure there was a lot of squaking from our management team). Had he have gotten up, like Marchand did, Shanahan wouldn't have even watched it twice.

Archived