The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Virtual Hockey League (Red Wings & Flyers available)

SOB for MVP

It seems as though the New Jersey devils have stumbled their way to 24th in the league.

I had planned on being a playoff team when I took over, but it looks like it just isn't meant to be. So I suppose there is no sense in holding on to players who may retire soon, aside from Brodeur, if I am not going to make the playoffs.

I am open to sending these players to playoff teams:

Peter Sykora - This guy has been huge for us this year, can play all forward positions, and is signed for 1 year at a minuscule $1 million! I would love to keep him but he deserves to be playing in the playoffs. He is a very capable 3rd liner who can step into a 2nd line role if need be.

36GP 10G 12A 22Pts +9

Patrik Elias - It pains me to be writing this guys name down on this list, but I feel that he can be a valuable asset to a deep playoff run for one of you guys. He has first line quality attributes and has scored at a first line pace playing on the second line for us over the last few years (79 points last year). He has a no trade clause so it would have to be a good team for me to ask him to waive.

36GP 11G 18A 29Pts +6

I may consider trading others. I am looking for quality young players or draft picks for these guys. Come at me with an offer, don't just ask me who I want from your team.

Okay fellow general managers, listen up and listen well,

This doesn't apply to everyone who's approached me for trades, but quite a few. I'm not going to name anyone directly, but I'm not going to PM you all individually either.

Just because I say I'm going to move my players, does not mean I'm going to trade one of my good players for three of your scrubs and a draft pick. Come on, be real.

Think things through, or don't PM me. That simple! :)

Also, Canucklax has been hired as my AGM.

Archived