Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Latest StraightJAB (In The Balance)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#31 Edge

Edge

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

We as fans hate him but don't expect him to be fired soon. The owners have no complaints against him, he brought in the cap and better yet is looking for another salary roll back on players to save even more money for the owners

Wrong ... Eventually this lookout is going to cost the owners more money than they will be willing to lose. Fehr is just as tough as Betman if not tougher when negotiating for terms. I expect this lockout to be lengthy and costly for both sides, eventually ending with both sides making considerable concessions and claiming victory. In the end, Betman will more than likely be fired and replaced with someone who will be more of a " deal maker ". The owners, and everyone else know that not playing will hit them too hard financially. If it were me, I wouldn't care how rich I am and that I could outlast anyone in a lockout ... I would still be losing money and I didn't get rich by losing money. I would want a guy that could make a deal that would benefit everyone and keep the ball rolling instead of a retard who throws his weight around and shuts the whole show down because he can't make someone else bend to his will.

#32 AK_19

AK_19

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

I think I've enjoyed this cartoon the most!

#33 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

Bettman having 3 lock outs as the commis, is insane. How do we let that happen.
Posted Image

#34 OFFSIDEsports

OFFSIDEsports

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

Bettman having 3 lock outs as the commis, is insane. How do we let that happen.

We have minimal impact on who the commish is... the only way we could have amy impact would be to stop going to games and profess why. But that would have to happen on a mass level for a sustained period of time.

Bettman is working for the owners and himself... not the fans or the players. It's all about crushing or limiting the NHLPA's power to him and I have a feeling that with Donald Fehr that's just not going to happen anymore. Bettman has succeeded in hammering the players in the last two and has been confrontational everytime the CBA has expired even though the NHL has been thought to have won each of those deals when they were ratified.

He's constantly pushing for more to cover up his mistakes IMHO... mistakes that he's trying to pay with cash from players revenue/rights etc.

I don't think we'll see much hockey this year and I certainly hope it means we'll see the end of Bettman because of it.

crap....

Thanks for the comments folks!

#35 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

We have minimal impact on who the commish is... the only way we could have amy impact would be to stop going to games and profess why. But that would have to happen on a mass level for a sustained period of time.

Bettman is working for the owners and himself... not the fans or the players. It's all about crushing or limiting the NHLPA's power to him and I have a feeling that with Donald Fehr that's just not going to happen anymore. Bettman has succeeded in hammering the players in the last two and has been confrontational everytime the CBA has expired even though the NHL has been thought to have won each of those deals when they were ratified.

He's constantly pushing for more to cover up his mistakes IMHO... mistakes that he's trying to pay with cash from players revenue/rights etc.

I don't think we'll see much hockey this year and I certainly hope it means we'll see the end of Bettman because of it.

crap....

Thanks for the comments folks!

Great work by the way.

But I honestly think that I will be going back once hockey is on. I just can't wait to see the Canucks play. But still how can he have over what 300+ regular season and playoff games lost as him being the commish? We need someone who plays for the sake of keeping hockey not trying to get more money.
Posted Image

#36 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Love that he has a basketball forehead. Beautiful job.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#37 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,243 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

Dear NBA,
You can have Bettman back, and take Bill Daly with him.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#38 tiredatwork

tiredatwork

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Salary cap was the greatest thing for hockey. He fixed the sport, balanced the playing field.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.